PDA

View Full Version : EPTA Bournemouth

Stand them up!
3rd May 2005, 08:35
Is it true what they say. EPTA seems to be ripping people off?

Is this the same guy who ran SFT?

I am thinking of doing some training with them anybody got any thoughts on them.

I see that there is a guy call Keith Williams is he the same guy who writes the 1000 question books. If so is he any good?

Help!!

African Drunk
3rd May 2005, 08:55
I believe it is the old SFT management. PM me if you have any questions.

Keith.Williams.
3rd May 2005, 15:33
Hello Stand them up,

If you do a search of this forum you will find various strings regarding EPTA. Some of the posts have been supportive while others have been critical.

If you look carefully at these posts you will find that none of the critical comments have been posted by people who have actually studied with us.

Your best solution would be to come and visit us and talk to some of our students. We will make no attempt to restrict your choice of students and you will be free to talk to them in private. If you wish to do so you will also be permitted to sit in on lessons to see exactly how we conduct our training. You will then be in a position to make your own assessment of what we have to offer.

Tim_donovan
6th May 2005, 08:29
Stand them Up!,

I went there for groundschool and Keith Williams is correct in what he says. Critical and not Critical.

Groundschool - Keith, Derek,Steve, and Tony were great and to which I thank them.

On the other hand be extremely carefull with your money. I changed schools and lost my deposit. Narrow minded on EPTA s part.

So I highly recommend the Groundschool but can't comment on the flying side. Sorry

Keith 1000 questions are good so worth buying.

TD

Addy
6th May 2005, 14:38
did my conversion there, 1st pass on everything in minimum hours. either I'm good or they are. or both ;)

rymes
21st Jun 2005, 17:38
epta or should i say sft!! all the same people that were in sft are now running epta. they are all a bunch of cxxxs!!! they will take your money and offer you the worlds worst training in exchange or just take your money. i suggest to everyone thinking of training to go somewhere else thats not run by a bunch of con men and women,those of you that know the school know which men and in particular which women i mean!!!

parris50
21st Jun 2005, 20:26
Did my MEP, IR and MCC there in 2003. Although the IR wasn't a first time pass, it was only just over the minimum hours. The instructors allowed me to train part-time and were truly flexible in enabling me to fit training around my work committments. Although pretty expensive, £280/hr +VAT, approach and landing fees (I knew the costs before I started), I really didn't feel ripped off.

If the sim wasn't being used for training, it could be used for practice making it possible for me to revalidate the IR with only 1.5 hours of training.

Tuned In
21st Jun 2005, 23:22
Keith

How do you know that the critical ones didn't study with epta? This is an anonymous forum. Please keep to the facts, rather than trying to advertise - it's in the rules.

Parris

Why are you paying approach and landing fees at a large airport, when the aircraft must be on landing cards?