PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Qatar Airways.....

Fox3snapshot
2nd May 2005, 21:55
For ruining the end of my holiday....

Couldn't complain about the service,
.........there wasn't any!

:ugh:

apaddyinuk
2nd May 2005, 22:14
Not like Qatar Airways to not have a service...I mean, they bloody well have to give out a sandwich and drink on a 15-20min Bahrain flight!!!!

A300Man-2005
5th May 2005, 09:24
I am equally surprised. I recently was on a regional flight operated by QR with only three cabin crew.

First time I have seen a flight with so few crew. Regardless, they managed to feed and water the entirely full cabin load of pax on a 25 minute sector.

Admittedly, one of the FA's came to speak to me on final approach for landing, sweat dripping from his head, and apologised for the frantic nature of the service. No one had complained though. But, he had obviously noticed that I had observed the frantic nature of their service.

Sorry to hear your holiday was ruined. However, I continue to take my hat off to the QR cabin crew who continue to do an excellent job.

donpizmeov
5th May 2005, 10:11
Heard about your Turkish holiday Foxie......am Jealous. I am going to try and get there next year.

Don

Fox3snapshot
8th May 2005, 06:42
Not interested in tea and bikkies on a 25 minute leg...however after a 2 hour+ delay in Turkey missing all connections to final destination I would expect some information from airline staff en-route or in Doha as to arrangements etc. for a 9 hour wait for a connection....it was a total shambles! I might add this was after the airline cancelled the booking because it was reconfirmed 24 hours before instead of 72, this was after I had already commenced the itinarary with my outbound sector!!! I think Qatari is one of the last to maintain this reatarded policy...its 2005 team!

Needlesss to say they wouldn't even release the bags in Doha for the stay, then all the duty free (which is legal in our Emirate!) was confiscated by the Doha authorities and the airport faff was 2 1/2 hours before getting to the hotel at 2.30 AM...pickup at 6.30.

Delays are part of the industry, the airlines have a responsibility for the welfare of the pax and this was blatently disregarded.

As with all debriefs, I will finish on a positive note. The Qatar cabin crew were meticulous with the cabin security at all stages of flight, more so than any of the operators I regularly fly with in the region.

DON

How goze it mate, had a top time in the land of Turkish delights...Istanbul F1 GP in August may be the next adventure.

:ok: