PDA

View Full Version : Flybe Direct Entry Senior @ Southampton

VirginFSM
2nd May 2005, 17:13
Hi

I read on an airline recruitment website that as of 28th April 2005 Flybe want Senior crew at (among other bases) Southampton for direct entry! Thing is I cant even find a recruitment page at Flybe.com so how would one apply?

Does anyone know what wages are like at Flybe?

Cheers

VirginFSM

flyingbee
2nd May 2005, 23:27
Try here (http://www2.flybe.com/live/vacancies/jsp/ExistingVacancies.jsp) for flybe vacancies

flyingbee

Gillymac25
4th May 2005, 20:01
VirginFSM,

I don't want to disappoint you but the salary for Flybe Pursers' is awful!

I went for an interview last year (around June) for Purser in Glasgow. I can't fault the management or the company but I was so disappointed when I was told in the interview that the salary for a PSR was circa £10,500. It was almost a year ago and I can't remember exactly but it was around that so I had to say no.

When I told them I wasn't accepting the position because of the money they told me I could make my money up to around £15,000pa but that just wasn't enough for me I'm afraid. :{

I used to work for AEU and the wages there were ok - not great but much more than Flybe so there was no way I could take a job on that money.

Unfortunately my financial circumstances dictated that I could not work for them - it's a shame because I have heard nothing but nice things about Flybe!

I've been reading other threads and I noticed you were interested in BMed - couldn't believe their rosters OR salaries! Sound fantastic! If you want out of VS then I would go for them. :ok: But that's just my opinion!

As far as I know (from the interview etc) Flybe crew do up to 6 sectors a day - I don't know about you but 2 is enough for me!! Hahaha ;)

Anyway, hope you find the Airline you are looking for - Good Luck!

GM25.x

Trislander
6th May 2005, 21:50
Pay has gone up now

VirginFSM
8th May 2005, 09:16
Gillymac25

Hi, I'm just getting itchy feet! Will sit back and weigh everything up I think.

Trislander,

Could you be a bit more specific? PM me if you like.

Cheers

VirginFSM