PDA

View Full Version : Is it true what the Integrated Schools say???

rdmallows
2nd May 2005, 09:54
Hi All,

If your a potential wannabe (like me) or an old sweat with first hand experience, I would like your feedback. I'm currently trying to work out which integrated school to attend and I am keen on understanding what statistics people were/are being quoted and what they actually experienced once they attended the school.

The stats I am particularly keen to know more about are:

1. The name of the school:
2. Actual hours flown during the course: (Were there any exceptional reasons for this?)
3. The ratio of instructors/students (ground):
4. The ratio of instructors/students (flight):
5. Any unexpected costs the school neglected to tell you about:
6. Your rating of the instructors (1 = poor, 10 = excellent)

Many thanks, Rich...

moo
2nd May 2005, 16:39
well rich, lookin at it, you've only got three options for integrated training. Oxford, FTE or Cabair so the research shouldn't be that difficult for you. Use the search function and you can read about things like this till the cows come home! Seeing as you're from Oxford, it may make sense to stay at home and do it at OAT, save you some money by living at home?!
A 60K course can end up costing 75K quite easily if you're having to pay rent/bills/living expenses.
I'm at OAT and very happy here if that's any help to you! Its all about individual circumstances, and don't forget there's always modular too :ok:

rdmallows
2nd May 2005, 20:20
Thanks for the feedback Moo!

Yes, I do live in Oxfordshire but I don't want to pick a school simply on location convenience although it would be easy! :D

I would be really interested if you could you comment on how you have found the reality of OAT compared to that oh so glossy of glossy brochures!

Cheers...

peterpann
2nd May 2005, 23:11
It’s true what moo said!

Oxford is close to you and bills etc would be additional cost to the 57K......... but to add another ingredient into the mix……. FTE is only 62K with accommodation and 3 meals a day. However going down the OAT route with some of your training done in the USA you will still have to set aside extra cash for living etc.

I’m not recommending one school over the other……. Its up to you to make the decision. There’s lots of info out there take some time and find out what’s best for you (its took me 2 years of deliberation)

But good luck

pp