PDA

View Full Version : What other routes are to come for MJV?

javier.mjv
1st May 2005, 13:17
Hi there to all!!!!

I was wondering if you up there in the UK have heard in the last weeks if any airlines are planning other new routes to MJV.
Do you think that EZY, now that they are operating BRS-MJV daily from July 7th will add more routes to this sun destinantion?

Thanks

terrier21
1st May 2005, 15:40
I believe the problem with Murcia is slot allocations at your end Im sure that if more became available there would be more routes as it is ideally positioned between ALC + AGP.

javier.mjv
2nd May 2005, 20:46
Hi Terrier21

You are absolutely right. I hope as soon as the second ranway is built new routes will come. In the meantime, although MJV is really congested at some peak times, there are other time periods , for instance early in the afternoon between 1500LT 1630LT which could accept some more flights.

Let see if EZY realizes it is worthy to opening new destinations from MJV, NCL or BFS would not be a bad idea indeed or their german destination SXL or DTM.

C u

c.r.m what is it
2nd May 2005, 21:12
Will anymore airlines add this destination, as the last few flights i ve operated have not had very big loads, won't be long until ryanair get it all to themselves, i bet!!

javier.mjv
6th May 2005, 10:51
Dear c.r.m what is it

I totally disagree with you on this point.
Do you want me to mention how many companies already fly to MJV and still on top of it not all are low cost.
MJV has a daily flight to LGW operated by BA on A321/A320; Finnair a weekly flight to HEL on MD82, IB three flights a day to MAD and 1 to BCN; besides this all the low cost such as BE (SOU and BHX), LS (MAN and LBA), DY (OSL, SVG, TRD and BGO) , EZY to BRS from 07/07/05 and a quite few more destinations

Probably the flights you travelled on had low loads, but I can assure you if loads were always that low, airlines would not add extra flights for the summer, would they?

Regards,

LBA
6th May 2005, 14:13
Of course, the Jet2 service from LBA upgraded to twice daily this summer, has been twice daily at weekends during the past winter, hardly sounds like a failing route to me!