PDA

View Full Version : expat children UAE education ?

Lost in Saigon
30th Apr 2005, 21:20
I have no interest in working in UAE, but a friend told me that expat children in UAE have restrictions in their education.
(girls only go to Grade 6, and boys must leave the country at age 18)

Any truth to these claims?

Are there any Middle East countries with such restrictions?

Ghostflyer
1st May 2005, 01:00
Myth!

Many parents choose to take their kids home but university education is available for both sexes in Dubai. See: http://www.aud.edu/main.htm

Ghost

AirNoServicesAustralia
1st May 2005, 07:03
That is a funny one! I hope that is just a wind up.

But yes, all women in the UAE need to be covered head to toe, and there is no alcohol available anywhere, and we are forced to pray 5 times a day, and witness the daily public executions in the main square.

Is it true you guys in Vietnam still live in underground tunnels, and have sharpened bamboo sticks tipped with faeces in you front yard to welcome visitors???? No interest in working there but just wondering!!!

Desert Nomad
1st May 2005, 09:45
Didn't think girls were allowed to go to school. We can't have them getting an education now can we? How come there are lots of people here over the age of 18? Their mental age is generall yunder theage of 18 but I can assure you that you can stay here once you pass your 18th Birthday. You could even get a job, or stay in education. Yes, that's right you have a choice here.

Sorry, having a bad day and fancy a rant at everything that comes my way...:} :mad:

Lost in Saigon
1st May 2005, 13:02
Sorry Guys,

I knew it was a ridiculous question, but I had to call my friend on it and I thought this was the best place to do it.