PDA

View Full Version : LEST WE FORGET

caqtas air
25th Apr 2001, 04:19
Today we honour our war dead. I sure that you will all join me in remembering those who have gone before us, those Airman who never came home, the Qantas Bully Beef Bombers who never returned, the fighter pilots, the transport pilots, and their crews, we owe them so much. And for the young battle worn men who came home, and started what are now the worlds great Airlines, for most Airlines where born of the Second World War, we salute you. And for all of you out there who lost Grandfathers, Fathers, and relatives remember them with pride today, they helped form this great nation of ours, this is their day...LEST WE FORGET.

Ozdork
25th Apr 2001, 06:54
Lest We Forget.

Bus429
25th Apr 2001, 08:07
Can only offer thanks from one too young to have taken part but fortunate to enjoy the benefits their sacrifices made possible.

Bus

Feeton Terrafirma
25th Apr 2001, 08:40
On this special day my thoughts are with the families of those who paid the highest price, and my thanks to those who were lucky enough to return home.

The ANZAC's are deserving of the highest honours.

Vfrpilotpb
25th Apr 2001, 13:56
From me , a Brit who missed that big problem, my Father flew Beaufighters in N Africa, he had a lot of friends who were Aussie's, he also lost a lot friends who were Aussie's, he went last year, so he was very fortunate, If it had not been for your country men comming to our aid, this written word would not be in English, From me, you Aussie's,and NZ's have my deepest respect!

[This message has been edited by Vfrpilotpb (edited 25 April 2001).]

alosaurus
25th Apr 2001, 13:58
Here,here-from a Brit

waco
25th Apr 2001, 14:33
From another Brit...
thanks is too small a word.....

rolling20
25th Apr 2001, 14:47
You should read amongst many others "NO MOON TONIGHT" in Goodall paperback in the UK.
very moving account of one Australians "tour of ops" in 1942-3 as a RAAF navigator flying over N.W.Europe with Bomber Command

Most of them were still in their teens be they UK or Commonwealth Aircrew.
My thoughts are with them.

angels
25th Apr 2001, 15:05
My dad was with Aussies in the Burmese jungle during WW2. He still speaks fondly of them and his Aussie jungle hat which I conspired to lose many years ago.
Best wishes and my thanks to all surviving veterans and RIP to the brave people that didn't make it.

Girt_bar
25th Apr 2001, 16:06
Don't forget the Kiwis. Hence the NZ in ANZAC :-)