PDA

View Full Version : BMed Adding A321s - Hiring soon?

Riker
28th Apr 2005, 21:35
Looks like BMed is ordering a bunch of airplanes - must mean expansion opportunities (perhaps more Middle East and Eastern Europe). Let's hope this leads to some hiring soon.

Any BMed people care to discuss schedules, terms, morale, etc.? Is BMed a good place to work? See below.

Airbus Wins British Airline Order for Jets
Thursday April 28, 8:58 am ET
Airbus Wins Order for Seven A321 Jets From British Airline at a Total of $525 Million

PARIS (AP) -- European airplane maker Airbus SAS said Thursday that British Mediterranean Airways has ordered seven A321 jets valued at a total of $525 million at list prices.
BMED, as the British Airways PLC franchise partner is known, expects the first aircraft to be delivered in January 2006, Airbus said in a statement.

Airbus A321s have an average list price of $75 million each and seat 149 passengers, although airline customers often receive discounts from plane manufacturers.

BMED is based at London Heathrow airport and serves 15 destinations in the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa.

MrBernoulli
30th Apr 2005, 16:27
BMed normally recruits in mid to late summer for starts early in the following year. Be warned, they are far happier to take A320-famliy rated pilots. They seem to have had no trouble doing that recently.

Joe le Taxi
1st May 2005, 13:51
Yes, I happened to get an interview a couple of months ago - I'm non rated, but I wonder if they did manage to find some 320 or maybe ex-mil guys at short notice, because they admitted that my 3 months notice period could rule me out for that intake (which I suspect was a last minute requirement).

I was a bit disappointed, as the terms are quite good, and the roster was waaay better than the ones I get at the mo.

The place had a nice feel about it too.

busflyer
2nd May 2005, 04:45
Are Bmed still recruiting? If so whats the requirements?