WOWBOY
28th Apr 2005, 16:01
Bmibaby have announced NQY-BHX and MME

Good news for Newquay

Bmibaby (http://www.bmibaby.com)

mmeteesside
28th Apr 2005, 16:22
Great news for Durham Tees Valley!

It appears that the Belfast route has been culled to make way for the Newquay route............Flybe's chance??

mmeteesside

pzu
28th Apr 2005, 16:32
Would Help if bmiBaby updated their website to allow bookings to NQY from MME:uhoh:

PZU - Out of Africa

caa19
28th Apr 2005, 16:52
not wanting to look on the negative, but...

what has being dropped for the NQY service?

seen MME-BFS has gone, what about BHX?

mmeteesside
28th Apr 2005, 16:54
The Belfast flight has been dropped from Durham Tees Valley

mmeteesside

nclairportfan
28th Apr 2005, 22:44
Whilst this is indeed very good news for both NQY and MME I am concerned that BMIBaby seem to think it a good idea to change their routings on a regular basis. Surely it would be best to stick with what you have rather than changing routes. So WW, add more routes by all mean but not at the expense of others.

Mr A Tis
29th Apr 2005, 08:39
I agree, Baby do seem to like to chop and change. The MAN to Paris & Barcelona were very well supported with most flights full in 2004. However, completely dropped for 2005. Strange decisions.

Outoftheblue22
29th Apr 2005, 12:36
An interesting move, but doesn't quite stack up methinks.

BHX-NQY - yes I suspect there is a strong market from the Midlands down to Cornwall, but would have though it was a "family" market - kids, dogs, caravan etc. Hard to see air competing effectively with car on such a short hop. And the flights (on weekdays at least) are very late in the evening.

MME-NQY - surely a 737 is too big? And Air Southwest do twice-daily LBA-NQY compared with planned only four times a week MME-NQY.

brabazon
29th Apr 2005, 12:57
Surely MAN-NQY would make more sense than BHX-NQY or even GLA-NQY! For the short term it may do well, but what's the longer term future for NQY?

Daza
29th Apr 2005, 13:00
No routes dropped at BHX just a new route.I think that the service from BHX will prove very popular I was looking at train times5.5 hrs with a change in Exeter!! and a price tag of £260.00 return!! for 2 Baby will make a killing. Still hope that BCN will be a starter after MYTLite dropped it from Brum.
Daza

ATNotts
29th Apr 2005, 14:18
I believe I'm right in thinking that Newquay is not only the best surfing resort in UK, but also it's a bit of pee-up destination too - probably the nearest thing we've got to an 18-30 destination in UK!

So, for their sins, cabin crew are more likely to have to deal with rowdy twenty-somethings on the NQY routes, rather than, mum, dad, the two kids and the kitchen sink.

Anyone who's actually tried to drive between the Midlands and Cornwall down the M5 will surely realise that unless you travel in the dead of night, it'a real ball-ache, so the route from BHX ought to do OK with those who are willing to shell out a little more to get there in relative comfort.

Dash-7 lover
29th Apr 2005, 15:45
A friend of mine has booked BHX-NQY already and given the choice of 4 hours by car or 50 mins in a 737, I know what I would prefer especially aroung Bank Holidays etc etc....