PDA

View Full Version : Blair's plane whacked by lightning

Razor61
27th Apr 2005, 15:39
Breaking news on the channels at the moment is a 32Sqn Plane hit by lightning with Blair onboard as it was on approach to London (they said) so probably Northolt.

:rolleyes:

Pilgrim101
27th Apr 2005, 15:44
Loud Heavenly voice,, "Damn, missed !";)

L1011GE
27th Apr 2005, 16:25
Why is Tony B Liar using a military jet during a General Election campaign?? is that fair to the other party leaders?/

Anyway what a pity it missed him.

Talking Radalt
27th Apr 2005, 16:48
Ermmm, doesn't lightning occur when static electiricity discharges to earth, where earth has zero potential?
Easy mistake I s'pose. :rolleyes:

OKOC
27th Apr 2005, 16:50
I didn't realise that there were any lightnings left flying-did his TCAS save him or was it just good luck?

Onan the Clumsy
27th Apr 2005, 16:52
Same in Yank Land. They get to use Airforce One on the campaign trail. Either by arranging some "meeting" close by a campaign event, or, I suppose by saying "well I have to be reachable in case of a crisis".

And as Clinton did it, this isn't Bush bashing, but guy-in-charge bashing I suppose :*

I agree that it's not fair though.

OR

Why is Tony B Liar using a military jet during a General Election campaign?? Why is Tony B Liar flying in a lightning storm during a General Election campaign??

Logistics Loader
27th Apr 2005, 16:55
guess Blair had big smile on his face....

Problably thought it was a flashgun and someone was taking a photo !!!!

lineslime
27th Apr 2005, 17:20
It missed! I think I may try devil worship next time, who knows it may give the desired result (just so long as the crew are ok I don't give two $hit$ about the grinning tw@t).
:E :E :E

Scud-U-Like
27th Apr 2005, 17:46
It hasn't done his image any harm. According to the journo interviewing him at the time, he didn't bat an eyelid.

I believe the ac is a civilian charter, paid for at Labour Party expense.

rej
27th Apr 2005, 19:48
They say lightning doesn't strike twice - we can but hope !!!

DuckDodgers
27th Apr 2005, 19:52
Knew i sould have given Thor another 20 quid....