PDA

View Full Version : staff cv

craic1510
27th Apr 2005, 11:25
Hi guys!!!

Ok well i've decided to put my stats from staff cv up on this site - to try and get a general idea as to where everyone else stands??

I have been a member since 13/12/2002 and don't seem to be getting anywhere in regards to interviews. My resume has customer service, hospitality, and aviation written all over it and I still seem to have no luck :(

Total employer searches since you joined: 1873
Number of times your CV has been returned in a search: 121
Number of times your CV has been manually reviewed: 3
Last time any employer did a search was: 4/18/2005 at 22:32

I have completed the psychometric profile which has given some promising results so where am I going wrong??

I am desperate to fly and am losing the strength to find hope in this website...

Can anyone else help shed some light?

craic1510

:{

flybywire
27th Apr 2005, 11:34
Hi Craic,
I don't know much about that site, but a friend of mine who did the same thing managed to get his two flying jobs by applying directly to teh airlines!!

Most companies now are cost-aware and have realised that it's cheaper for them to have an application form on their site, so that people can apply directly to them without the need of third-parties involved (much cheaper!)

I'd suggest you make a list of the airlines you would like to apply to and do a thorough internet search....

Good Luck!!!

FBW:)

*** Love at first Flight ***

craic1510
27th Apr 2005, 11:39
Thanks for that. I can understand doing that in the UK or other places around the world, but you'll find in Australia - the vast majority of airlines can only be applied to using StaffCV and will not take resumes via post/email. i.e. Qantas, Virgin Blue etc...

craic1510

SkySista
27th Apr 2005, 12:35
Craic, I am curious, when I log in to StaffCV all it tells me is total searches since I joined, and when an employer last did a search.

How do you see if your CV has been manually accessed??:confused:

WRT to Oz airlines & StaffCV, have you tried Skywest?? They used to have a CC recruitment page on their site, not sure what's happened to it though.

I do know their CC manager used to be A. Yates, but that may have changed since I had that info. (Depends if you wanna putt-put up and down the coast in a Fokker or not though!!! ;) )

Sky

PS - Good luck!!!

GalleyHag
27th Apr 2005, 13:53
SkySista

Once you apply to more than 1 airline you should be able to gain the information, if you cant contact staffcv and they will sort it out for you.

craic1510

Is your passport and first aid certificate still within the valid range the airline requires that you are applying for?

I am assuming it is considering you have been returned in a search so many times.

OZcabincrew
27th Apr 2005, 14:32
flybywire

Unfortunately craic is right. In Australia, i don't know about Virgin, but with Qantas they don't actually have an application form on their website, if you go to their recruitment page, you have to click on a link that takes you to staffcv.com anyway. You can't do too much more than you're already doing Craic. What about applying to National Jet Systems??? They operate the QantasLink flights on QantasLink aircraft out of Perth and other bases. From what i hear they're looking for people? Worth a shot and as said previously, try Skywest, they operate all over the place. I was in Townsville the other day and i saw their jet up there, maybe it was being leased or something? i also saw them and their crew in Denpasar, the Skywest crew actually overnight in Denpasar! just apply to everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Oz

littlemissmel
27th Apr 2005, 15:00
Hey ozcabincrew, i went for an interview with Alliance Airlines a few years ago, they have bases in Townsville/Brisbane....and they actually lease one of SKywests aircrafts. Prob why you saw it in townsville, but i'm not sure about denpasar!!!

Craic, do you update your cv/applications regulary?

:)
o and by the way, I am in the same boat too. Whenever I see that an airline is recruiting I check over everything and soemtimes submit it again.... but nothing ever happens either!

RaverFlaver
27th Apr 2005, 23:36
Craic - you're not the only one, I am in the same situation as you. Have been a member for years appplied to most airlines, have checked through for spelling mistakes ect, have a good work history, and have heard nothing. Fortunately I am now working for an airline, however that did not happen through staff cv.

Just hang in there, it's frustrating though.

:)

SkySista
28th Apr 2005, 00:43
I think XR does the odd Bali trip for training/endorsement or something, I think they are looking at Bali as a possible destination. A travel agent told me last year they had Bali in the system for Skywest though you couldn't book tickets. So perhaps they were going but have pushed it back a bit? My best friend works with a lady whose hubby flies for them, she says he's gone to Bali a couple of times since late last year. Maybe someone else knows something about it?

resboy
28th Apr 2005, 01:48
I believe XR has been operating a number of charters into DPS sold through a specific travel agent :ok: mmmm ... bali ... :cool:

Chris21
28th Apr 2005, 01:54
Kids.. I hear your frustrations..

These are my StaffCV stats:

Total employer searches since you joined: 3359
Number of times your CV has been returned in a search: 474
Number of times your CV has been manually reviewed: 52
Last time any employer did a search was: 4/18/2005 at 22:32

My CV has been manually reviewed 52 times.. in the four years I have been registered only been invited to four.. interviews.. I have done spell checks, First Aid and passport have the right validity dates, speak 2 Asian languages certified by the NSW institute of languages at level 4, worked in hospitality for 12 years, have photographs that look like I just stepped out of a Gucci catalouge.. but no nothing.

My only thinking is the database is so full of applications with every idiot with computer access thinking.. yeah I might apply they can basically pick and choose from all corners of the country.. rather than having a smaller number applicants that do actually want to do the job been given a chance through more traditional means.

I only hope AO (which they will no doubt) don't go down this path and use this ridiculous StaffCV Malaka.. or I will actually go to New Zealand and personally rip out the server ensuring they loose all the data and are forced to look at application forms from the people like us that actually want a flying job.

QF skywalker
28th Apr 2005, 06:38
AO will be using staff cv for the NEXT recruitment. Guaranteed.

As for staff CV. I got many invites when I was applying for airlines. I was one of the first people to ever join staff cv. I refuse to fill out the psycho profile. I reckon that is the secret ! do not fill it out ! I will not have them cull me off the website because of a psychometric profile without even getting to meet and talk to an airline official face to face ! puuhlease !

It is an american website. Are you going to let another country tell you that you don't fit the pscho profile for Qantas - your own country's national carrier ? I don't think so !

Be careful how much info you enter on staff cv guys....you need to leave some mystery so that you get invited to an interview.

Let them find out about your days as a dishwasher at Hungry Jacks another time ! Not via staff cv !

Good Luck
NEVER EVER GIVE UP.

QF SKY

Nihao
28th Apr 2005, 09:22
Chris21

Couldn't have written it better myself! Your situation is just like mine - languages, spell checked application, kept up to date etc and not much success. Maybe Qantas don't review the database very often. :confused:

Cheers;)

Chris21 check your messages.