PDA

View Full Version : Baggage Throwers walk out

A Camel ate my stash
27th Apr 2005, 02:55
Im at Tulla and the baggage throwers have gone to a stop work meeting.:mad: Any ideas when they will be back. ????

Buster Hyman
27th Apr 2005, 03:13
You're the closest...go and ask them.:} :ouch:

Captain Can't
27th Apr 2005, 03:48
Love the handle camel!! :) :D :} :ok:

Romeo Tango Alpha
27th Apr 2005, 04:08
You mean a bag chucker actually WALKED somewhere? Wonders never cease.

Such a hard life...

BankAngle50
27th Apr 2005, 07:50
SCUM! Perhaps they are complaining because they don't get screened like the rest of us and are free to walk back and forth from un-secure to so called secure? fire the lot of them. Un-skilled, uneducated monkeys the lot of them! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Howard Hughes
27th Apr 2005, 08:05
Rumour has it the baggies had outstanding allowance claims which were meant to be paid in this weeks pay.

Alas they were'nt, so they stopped work to see what action would be taken.....

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

Pimp Daddy
27th Apr 2005, 08:49
outstanding allowance claims which were meant to be paid in this weeks pay.

Whoop dee doo....

Try being in Eastern where we are loosing the equivilant of a weeks pay over the next month just so the f:mad:ing bean counters spreadsheets line up better.

Baggies = too much pay and power for not enough actual output. Piss them all off and start again.

Capt Stabbin
27th Apr 2005, 09:05
Baggies = too much pay and power for not enough actual output. Piss them all off and start again.

Yep that pretty much sums it up.

Howard Hughes
27th Apr 2005, 09:25
Whoop dee doo....

Let's not shoot the messenger!

For once I was Johnny on the spot and I get flamed for passing on the info...

This also a matter that has been to the arbitration commission I believe, who ruled in favour of the baggies! It's just the aforementioned bean counters won't get their act together and cough up!!

Cheers, HH.

amos2
27th Apr 2005, 10:06
Phew!!...better watch that term "monkeys" BA50!...

just got Ackers into a heap of trouble!! :yuk:

Point0Five
27th Apr 2005, 12:21
:oh:

at least they have balls and stick together when the company stuffs them around again and again.

You can't say things like that one here!!!

Eastwest Loco
27th Apr 2005, 13:21
QF cainer

Please get over it.

The total wankers union member have been the most corrupt and disruptive part of the industry since I can remember,

Bag ratting (bunches of suitcase keys in clear sight in thru rooms) and removal of goods from aeroplanes on turnaround for a start.

It is pointless to try to defend them, because there is nowhere to go.

There are the good ones, I will concede, but while secret ballots are still not in place they have no hope.

And all this for a union that wipes you like a dirty butt when an operation pulls out or folds. No dollars? No Union.

EWL

cunninglinguist
28th Apr 2005, 00:46
...........saw a bag snatcher nearly get into a fight with a snail yesterday......the snail told him to " fcuk off out of my way, you're slowing me down !! "
I think they then held a stop work meeting and demanded more pay due to the stress of the job
:}

Laikim Liklik Susu
28th Apr 2005, 01:31
Rampies and Tuggers I can understand, but Bag Snatchers are a breed of moron all unto themselves! Never shown any respect for them since the day I saw 2 of them tormenting a caged dog.

Rabbit 1
28th Apr 2005, 04:10
Whatever the opinions of the fellows who load & unload baggage, the matter I think that remains is that both tech & cabin crew are in a no win situation regarding their 'house on wheels'. Locks are broken in the vaults of the airport and unlike the US, I'm yet to see AU authorities placing a note or card in a searched bag to indicate the contents were looked at. Corby & the camel are indeed interesting comparisons. Should the Indonesian courts doom Corby I still think the damage has been done insofar as the baggage handlers reputation is concerned. One bad apple perhaps...

HGW
28th Apr 2005, 04:32
With the two latest incidents involving Baggage Handlers it has now tainted every bag chucker in the country. You wouldn,t want to be one for quids. If you were at a party you would lie about your job.
The amazing thing is that there is a deft silence union wise. You would think they would want to protect their members reputations. I think the truth is that they are more part of the problem than part of the solution. If they were fair dinkum they would demand screening of all airside staff and airports would man access doors/gates.
We are lucky the travelling public don't know what can and does go on behind that magic baggage room door.

Romeo Tango Alpha
28th Apr 2005, 05:52
Aw hell, if the Bag Chucker's stay out much longer, the former Ansett heroes will happily "S" on them! :mad:

Beware bag chuckers!