PDA

View Full Version : Mexicana to get the Airbus A-340-500!!!!

m_v_s_86
26th Apr 2005, 22:31
"As always there's no official information from our airlines, similar to AM B777's/or the second batch for new B737s (which was announced way off late).... and many more.

Anyway, I read in another mexican forum that some hours ago a user listened on the radio an interview with MX people confirming the arrival of 2 A330-200s to the airline later this year and 2 A340-500 in 2006 for China, Japan and Thailand!

They also confirmed the arrival of additional A318/319/320s for the next months.

Something I also read in an article this day, there's no direct link so I'm pasting a little extract from the article:

.....Es actualmente una de las aerolineas mas importantes de la region, y esta dicho que para el 2006, Mexicana iniciará operaciones a Asia, especificamente China, Japon, y Tailandia, con aviones Airbus A340-500.....

As some people have told APM Group, A340's will be introduced sometime near June and July of 2006.

What else can I say! Finally what we were all in Mexico expecting for years from our airlines is becoming a reality! About time! Hurray!"

"Actually MX is also making money (the A318īs are really better than the expected), just some numbers:
MX profit in the first 3 months of the year: $3.4 million USD

AM loose in the firts 3 months of the year: $118 million USD (a lot of money)

Despite a lot of bad decisions, some are really good ones, for example, the replace of the 767 with A330īs, thatīs a lot of savings just in crew training, and MX have some experience with big airplanes, just remember, MX does some maintenance to LH planes, and donīt forget that MX time ago had several DC-10īs."