PDA

View Full Version : A question for Jerez students

buster172
26th Apr 2005, 21:18
Hi,

This is a question for the guys and girls who have been to Jerez for the CPL/IR

I am planning on training there this year and have a number of hours to build before I go. I would like to use some of them to blast around Florida feeling jolly pleased with myself for passing all the ATPL exams (fingers crossed) and then the remainder getting myself into good shape for the CPL.

Having spoken to a couple of modular students from the school I have been told that its not for the faint hearted! The integrated guys are well up to speed when we join them and you have to hit the ground running to keep up.

With that in mind and not being the sharpest tool in the box can some one tell me what the training ethos is there? Ex military instructors, hard but fair and not suffering fools gladly. That sounds ideal, but to give myself the best shot I would like to practice the checklists and Navigation techniques I will be using as much as possible whilst hour building. I have a copy of the checklist for both types of aircraft but no information on the particular Nav techniques they like you to use.

Can anyone tell me what these are? What, having been to Jerez you would recommend I do before heading out there?

Would really appreciate your thoughts and ideas!

Many thanks,

Buster

:ok: