PDA

View Full Version : DUB to introduce aggressive slot management in 2006

Irish Steve
26th Apr 2005, 21:15
DAA have found the answer to the problems at DUB, from summer 2006, the existing system of slot allocation will be replaced by a mandatory slot allocation regime, so they can now make sure that there's no congestion by telling operators "No room at the gates!"

From summer next year, the airport will change from a 'schedules facilitated' to a 'coordinated' system. Under the current system, slots for departure and landing are agreed on a voluntary basis between airlines, facilitated by an independent coordinator.

For more, see here (http://www.rte.ie/business/2005/0426/aviation.html)

DAA have welcomed the change. Now why does that not surprise me, it's the answer to all their problems about overcrowding, just reduce the number of aircraft using the airport.

One of these days, they will get the message that the way forward is to build the required infrastructure BEFORE it's needed, not 10 years too late and 50% over budget.

runawayedge
27th Apr 2005, 14:13
I trust this means the marketing and route development department will close saving millions of euros that is wasted every year, on bad marketing and junkets, on brands within brands, and oversized egos. Ireland Inc. again suffers from complete incompetenecy from the public service! Time to call a halt on this mess.

akerosid
27th Apr 2005, 20:01
Well, if the marketing is bad now, make it better. Get people who can do it. Set targets. The DAA is in control of one of the state's most critical growth generators. It can't just down tools and say it's not going to push for more business. If it won't do it, find someone who will.

I see also today that the DAA is saying that the cost of operating through DUB will rise with the construction of the new terminal. :mad: :mad: :mad: (Aka, "no way"). That's why we need competition. If the DAA is going to take this attitude, it needs to be told it will not be given the contract to operate the new terminal, Bertie or no Bertie.

Sky_Captain
27th Apr 2005, 20:22
One Giant Step forward for the DAA, One GIANT LEAP BACKWARDS for the rest of us. I like what the report said; Aer Lingus said it was supportive of the decision as the current system was not working. Now did Aer Lingus with its new MD say that, or was it the state:{

How can this be a positive step for passengers, somebody, please explain that to me :ugh:

S.C. :*