PDA

View Full Version : That plumb job/best contract you've had

ossie_lation
26th Apr 2005, 12:17
I received a free dvd marking the 40th anniversary of the pennine way. It was a helicopter view of the whole 268 miles taken in great visability over stunning countryside. It made me think what a great day (or days) that must have been for the pilot. I suppose it is possible that it wasn't but from a viewers point of view it looked great. I just wondered what interesting contracts you had done where you probably thought you can't believe you are being paid for this. I don't want to imply that the flying wasn't hard work or the client demanding as I don't really know what the work involves.

Brilliant Stuff
26th Apr 2005, 14:38
Doing Silverstone and getting to watch the race.

A fellow worker got pit passes and the like from his passengers.Lucky chap.

Positioning.

As far as I am concerned as long it includes flying, I am a happy teddy.

helidriver
28th Apr 2005, 06:50
Hearding elephants and giraffes off the ranges in Kenya was quite frankly awesome. All this and pay! :cool:

Bravo73
28th Apr 2005, 08:14
How about hunting camels in the Outback? I've not done it but it looks like lots of our Ozzie cousins are going to be doing it in the near future...

From Yahoo news (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050426/ap_on_re_au_an/australia_camel_cull_2):

Australia Announces Wild Camel Cull
<snip>
Thousands of wild camels will be shot from helicopters in an effort to reduce their numbers, a state official said Tuesday.(my emphasis)
<snip>

Regards (and happy hunting!)

B73

P.S. Apologies for the thread creep...

Aesir
28th Apr 2005, 09:49
After completing any ambulance flight with a critically ill patient, expecially children, in remote areas of the arctic where the only possible and available transportation is my helicopter.

The appreciation and gratitude given by the locals is what makes this a great job.

ShyTorque
28th Apr 2005, 11:37
Best plumb job for me was that new bathroom suite I fitted. Damn fine effort, although I say it myself. Transformed the place.

Sorry, you did say PLUMB, not PLUM, didn't you? ;)