PDA

View Full Version : LATEST DJ Assessment Day - who's going?

SkySista
26th Apr 2005, 11:39
(Mod, please add to the existing thread if you see fit - just wanted this to stay 'at the top' - need fast info :) Sorry!)

Hey guys, today got an email inviting me to a DJ assessment day, Wed 18th May, for the MEL Full-Time CC Base.

Dumb question I know, but I live in Perth and was wondering if the Interviews will be in Melbourne, or have they held them here in the past? Reason I ask is they won't give the location until I 'confirm attendance'. I don't want to confirm unless I'm sure I can go, as the email says NOT to if you won't be able to go.

(Going to MEL at this stage is just not possible for me - :mad:!!:{)

If of course anyone can PM me a number for DJ recruitment, I could then confirm, find out where it is and call them if I can't make it. I'm just not confident they'll get an email in time, and I don't want to take up a space that someone able to get to MEL could use.

Any info greatly appreciated!!!!!! :ok:

Sky

PS - For those wondering, I first applied with DJ using StaffCV about a year ago... ;)

CaptHairDryer
26th Apr 2005, 14:13
Hey Sky, had this problem before hey. Just reply to the e-mail saying you wan't to go, then when you get the reply to where the interview is, decide, if its in MEL, then send them another saying you cannot go. Don't stress like I did 'oh they will never ask me again *******I have stuffed them around', it is all computer generated, even though it says from "Leigh Richardson" or what ever, I have said yes to JQ before, then no coz I thought I am happy where I am, and that was in November. To this day have had 3 e-mails asking me to come for an interview as a toilet cleaner, sorry I mean Cabin Crew member, :P don't stress, its all good hey. Sit tight for the DJ PER base, or AO PER base if you cannot make it to MEL, there's whispers ya know... hope this helps.
later

Captain...
"all 4 hair dryers are GOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo"

RaverFlaver
26th Apr 2005, 16:10
AO Perth base?????? do u know something we don't know???

:)

blue_stew
27th Apr 2005, 06:47
Ssita - check your pm

OZcabincrew
27th Apr 2005, 06:58
AO Perth base, i don't think so!!!!! Maybe Jetstar, but i really don't think AO. I thought Jetstar were going to be opening a base in Adelaide?

Oz

ps-DJ have held interviews in Perth in the past, they were held at the Hotel Rendezvous in Scarborough.

SkySista
27th Apr 2005, 07:12
Thanks heaps, for the PM, Blue Stew, and Oz for the info!! :ok:

I've got me fingers crossed it's in PER. Just waiting for them to reply...

Sky

craic1510
27th Apr 2005, 11:27
and here i am only wishing that a chance at a DJ interview for myself existed :(

craic1510

SkySista
27th Apr 2005, 12:22
Craic,

not sure if this had anything to do with it, but I updated my CV with them and then the next day I got the email.....

I'm seriously considering hocking my bomb of a car for the airfare if it IS in MEL... ;)

If you ARE able to get to MEL (unlike me) you could always try call the recruitment dept, say you happen to be in MEL on that day and would they mind if you dropped by to give your CV etc etc? Not likely I know but they may jst say 'yes' :E

So anyway, go update your app if you have one, just in case the computer is searchng newest ones first!!! :)

ozangel
27th Apr 2005, 23:25
SKYSISTA!

I got the same email. Im going - but since leaving my last flying job I have been living on a remote island in the south pacific - hard life really hehe - so I am moving back over next week. I miss flying way too much, and having worked as a contractor to virgin doing check in in the past - I would love to get back around those shiny red jets!

Hope to see you there - I dont know if its in MEL - I will be sure to let you know as soon as I hear.

Are you a Blue Star?

xx