PDA

View Full Version : Corporate jobs

nick14
26th Apr 2005, 11:28
Hi all,
I have been browsing the net for information about jet jobs. I have noticed that there is very little information on Corporate jobs flying citations,gulfstreams and all those other flashy jet for the high profile buisnessmen.
What i would love to know is if there are any corporate pilots out there who can explain why this is? Are the jobs so high profile that only top gun pilots get them or is there another reason? How can someone get such a job and what is the job like?-pay,holiday,aircraft types,environment and flying time??

Many thanks guys and girls
Nick:cool:

redsnail
26th Apr 2005, 15:26
Firstly have you been looking in the Bizjet/GA/Ag pilot forum? That's where the corporate guys tend to congregate. Also there's a little bit of stuff in Terms and Endearments.

Corporate flying ranges between working for a single owner to corporate airline work or fractional ownership. It's hard to describe what is typical as there's no typical.

A single owner job may mean you're on standby basicly all the time and the hours can vary wildly from month to month. Other jobs may mean you're on duty for a month with a month off. Others mean you do tours of X days with Y days off.

Depending on the job requirements may mean you need a minimum of 1500 hours to start or you can be a low houred pilot.

You get the job in pretty much the same way you get any flying job. You do the best you can whilst at flight school (and theory), be keen, helpful and eager to do more than the bare minimum.
You do the research via the web or magazines such as Flight International and taking time out to visit the organisations if you can.

Corporate work means a lot more contact with the owners/customers so a friendly but professional attitude is essential. Some experience in the hospitality trade or charter work is very useful. Also in many companies you'll have much less support than in a traditional airline so you have to be flexible and be able to solve the problems as they arise.

I've just started with a fractional company and whilst I am new there I love the work. The variety of destinations is staggering and the flying is so much fun. Hand flying is encouraged. :D