PDA

View Full Version : SAA has "double standards"

Gunship
25th Apr 2005, 19:23
The article was on News 24 on Friday if I am corect and now a reader summarised his thoughts :

My question - why can't they pay for their own damn tickets .. like me ..

Firstly, I would like to congratulate and salute Xoliswa Sithole and her team for her achievements in winning the British Academy Television Award.

Her documentary, Orphans of Nkandla, tells a story of what South Africans and Africans in general are facing on day to day basis.

Here is a woman who lost her mother to Aids, but instead of accepting defeat, she was courageous and turned the "bad" situation into something positive.

She managed to raise R23m for NGOs and charity organisations in HIV/Aids projects - I still have to see a private sector company that will donate this much!

This is truly special and it is testimony that depending on your attitude, you can overcome any challenging situations.

SAA arrogantly said that giving her a free ticket would not be of any value to SAA.

What does this mean (what was JJ Tabane thinking - or maybe it is glass house syndrome, who knows?).

Charlize's celebrity status 'used'

Did they "use" Charlize Theron's celebrity status for their own gain? What weighs more, a story about an American psycho who went berserk and killed some men in the process, or a story about the day-to-day challenges faced by families whose mothers suffer from HIV/Aids?

I truly believe that SAA has faltered and must remove "social responsibility" from their strategic intents because they have failed several times in this area (remember the Sarfu contract).

To Xoliswa, you have demonstrated without a doubt that women are true mbokodo's, today, tomorrow, and forever!

It is really sad that you have been snubbed by a company who always displays a "Proudly South African" emblem, but there is nothing South African from their actions.

You were snubbed by doing the right thing, telling a real life story about the day to day issues affecting South Africans and the world at large.

Antonio Siphiwe Likhuleni

Luxury
25th Apr 2005, 21:20
Whats new,

the rumour goes around, SAA just had 25 Jurnos flown in into SA for a holiday week, and back to Germany to strenghten the Star Alliance with Lufthansa.
Do you honestly think SAA cares?

Everytime I visit here, only more drama and corruption.

Aviation-wise a couple of concerns:

CAA- not delivering,
ATNS- restructuring,
SAA- only scandals,
GA- on brink of strike,
Army- insufficient & on collaps or leaving
and plenty of Safety issues

What is still OK? I think, the most of the pilots!

Otherwise slowly disaster is unfolding, they call it ZimBOBwe syndrom.

"Proudly South African", where do you see that, in politics or in the above?

I am blinded here, and down there they must be blind!