PDA

View Full Version : EK GVA Services

I Just Want To Fly
25th Apr 2005, 15:38
Has anyone heard an update on EKs services to GVA?

I am a travel agent, and a month ago EK had a Launch Special and a large number of pax booked and paid for flights to GVA. These services have since been cancelled, and the staff at EK don't seem to have a clue what is going on. The Reservations Supervisor said that EK had never planned to fly to GVA, obviously this guy has no idea.

This is all very typical of EK. Great airline to deal with, but the people on the ground are off with the fairies!!!!!!!!!!

billyg
25th Apr 2005, 16:40
I'm sure I read a press release this week saying the proposed GVA service had been put on hold due to non-availability of aircraft!

Cyrano
26th Apr 2005, 05:47
From gva.ch (http://www.gva.ch) :

Geneva arrival of Emirates postponed

Geneva International Airport announces :

The Management of Geneva International Airport has learnt with regret that the opening of Emirates' direct Geneva - Dubai route planned for December 2005 has been postponed. Other new destinations programmed for the airline's network have also been put on hold until further notice.

Direct contacts with Emirates have confirmed that issues of fleet availability and unexpected capacity growth on other markets lay behind the decision. Information available shows however that services to Geneva and French-speaking Switzerland are still among the carrier's priorities.

Geneva International Airport is still optimistic therefore as to the arrival of Emirates in Geneva in the near future, and with that in mind will be continuing discussions in the coming weeks at the company's headquarters.