PDA

View Full Version : BA seat selection

flyingbee
25th Apr 2005, 14:33
Husband is away on business in the US this week. He tried select his seat for the return BA flight from the US before leaving, but was unable to because all seats availabel for allocation had already gone. He will be able to choose a seat on-line 24 hours before the flight.

He will not have internet access to choose seat, so has asked me to do it for him instead from the UK (really wants an aisle seat). Using the 24 hr before departure facility can I select him a seat, or is this only available if you are checking in on-line? He is a lowly blue executive club member.

Thanks

flyingbee (whose stuck at home flying nowhere)

wub
25th Apr 2005, 14:46
If you know your husband's EC number, simply log in using that 24 hours before the flight and check-in on-line as if you were him. The system won't know it's you and not your husband. Just don't select the 'print boarding pass' option.

Globaliser
25th Apr 2005, 16:12
In fact, you don't any longer need to be an Exec Club member to check in at -24 hours. Anyone can do it. So all you'd need is his booking reference. If you're confident that he's going to travel as booked, check him in online, pick him a good seat and (as wub says) don't print the boarding pass if you're given the option. He can then just pick up the boarding pass at his departure airport.

There's no technical reason why you shouldn't do this - I do it quite often for people who are overseas and without Internet access at the time that check-in opens.

flyingbee
29th Apr 2005, 19:59
Thanks for your help.

Got him a lovely aisle seat, and he was very pleased!

flyingbee