PDA

View Full Version : EU Jet goes USA Style

Foker1001
25th Apr 2005, 11:05
I just heared from a reliable contact that eujet are opening a new base out of Stansted [EGSS].
They have new plans to run this base just like Hooters Airline in the USA. They think they will attract the Stag/Lads outing market offering flight so places like PRG, BUD and AMS!!!

This was leaked from aninternal Email:
Easy to buy! Fun to fly!
Non stop jet service! All Fokker fleet!
One-Way Fares
No advance purchase requirements
No Saturday night stay requirements - travel when you want!
Extra leg room!
Real food on most flights!
One class configuration in the cabin - We call it Club Class!
All leather seats
The best customer service!
The same great flight crews plus Three sexy Eujet Hooters Girls on every flight!
A great experience that enlivens the senses and puts the fun back in flying!

Man would I love to fly for these guys...........

:E :E :E

Flap42
25th Apr 2005, 11:08
I wonderd if this would become public! not due to start for a few months but plans are full steam ahead. Not to sure if this is the best thing the company has ever done, I think we will be the first in the UK to try this sort of thing. Could be a big big hit.........

;)

PBD 1
25th Apr 2005, 19:18
Hello folks.....you will be all pleased to know that I have just managed to finish repairing my office chair (I fell off it as a result of the previous posting). However, the company dress code stipulates that unacceptable dress is: Ski suits, track suits, collarless t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans, denim shorts, runners and sneakers etc. In addition staff will not be boarded if they are shoeless or are wearing flip-flops have bare midriffs, slogans/graffiti on shirts or sweatshirts, very short skirts or swimwear!... :)

airhumberside
25th Apr 2005, 20:38
Where does this leave Manston? Will they still operate from there, is a new airline coming in?

nivsy
25th Apr 2005, 20:51
The way I see it, and since this carrier has had a lot of adverse reports, I just wonder if EUJet will still be flying soon...never mind the Hooters application!!!

GVAirlines
26th Apr 2005, 07:27
PlaneStation Group plc (‘PlaneStation’ or ‘the Group’)

Summer Transatlantic Charter Flight Programme at Kent International Airport

PlaneStation Group plc, the fully listed airport and airline operator, is pleased to announce that a series of transatlantic flights for the American carrier World Airways will be handled by Kent International Airport, Manston (‘KIA’) during July.

16 in and outbound flights using wide bodied MD-11 aircraft will rotate through KIA from and to a variety of North American cities including Toronto, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Nashville, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Seattle, Raleigh, Baltimore and Washington. The programme, which commences 1 July and concludes 26 July, is expected to generate passenger numbers exceeding 9,000.

PlaneStation CEO Martin May said: “We are very encouraged by the increasing interest in KIA. Investment in infrastructure, the length of the runway and its location outside the London air traffic control loops, are just some of the factors that contributed to World Airways recognizing the value of the airport. However World Airways are not alone as we are also in discussion with a number of other operators. Following our latest marketing programme, passenger numbers with our own airline EUjet are on an upward trend, and interestingly our catchment area is larger than expected.”

'Maybe this is where that rumour stems from'

wingandprayer
27th Apr 2005, 08:52
Can't be sure, but world airways have a Department of Defence contract to move their military worldwide? Just tropping flights maybe

jetstream7
27th Apr 2005, 09:35
"Can't be sure, but world airways have a Department of Defence contract to move their military worldwide? Just tropping flights maybe"

More like American passengers joining cruise liners at Dover.

Jes
27th Apr 2005, 11:27
They are employees of US insurance company State Farm.

GVAirlines
27th Apr 2005, 11:56
Jes- State Farm are who and why so many flights?

I like the post about the Hooters style flights from the UK, but feel that this purely a joke, currently!! Would be fun though ;)

Flap42
27th Apr 2005, 14:37
This is not a joke, you will be able to books seats on the EUjet website by the end of May! Chek out the website for the promotion...

GVAirlines
27th Apr 2005, 15:40
Flap42- Interesting!!! ;)

Why don't you post serious replies only please!!:confused:

Flap42
27th Apr 2005, 15:59
Well Gv...Sorry to upset you but maybe some of us know more than ohers;) So you dont think it would work then?? Tell us why?

GVAirlines
27th Apr 2005, 16:30
I def think it would work- however I just thought that EUjet were concentrating on Manston?? Seems to me its not the 'sort of thing' PJ McGoldrick would be involved with- but since you're an EUjet employee I'm sure you have better insight into whats happening!

Andy_S
27th Apr 2005, 16:47
Seems to me its not the 'sort of thing' PJ McGoldrick would be involved with

Isn't PJ history as far as EUjet are concerned?

GVAirlines
28th Apr 2005, 08:14
No PJ is Managing Director of EUjet, with Martin May being Chief Executive of the Planestation Group.

terrier21
28th Apr 2005, 18:04
Heard of plans to start flights to Bristol from winter05 routes not sure on! Anyone heard?

MerchantVenturer
28th Apr 2005, 18:32
terrier

With the planned Hooters-type girls on board I understand that EUjet would like to fly out of both Filton and Lulsgate so they could boast that they fly both from and with a fine pair of Bristols.

CAP670
1st May 2005, 15:00
Rumoured that Luton was approached but it was felt that the "Hooters" concept was inappropriate to Luton's new product image and style, and could be offensive to other customers and to staff.

:confused:

terrier21
1st May 2005, 15:36
I wouldn't be offended!!!

Lots of people have said we need to sell more things to do with the area in the airport especially after Bristol blue glass closed. As MV rightly said we could market it as Bristols from Bristol:E

The Real Slim Shady
2nd May 2005, 18:31
EUjet and Hooters?

Lovely wind up.

Even gave the share price a twitch.

WOWBOY
2nd May 2005, 20:20
Can Bristol Filton support comercial flights?

Has it got a passenger terminal?

WOWBOY

MerchantVenturer
2nd May 2005, 20:44
WOWBOY

Filton is a bigger site than Lulsgate with a longer runway, better land communications and better weather. It can also take aircraft up to 747 size and indeed does, for storage, servicing etc.

It has a small lounge mainly for business passengers in air taxis and the like.

However, Filton is right on the edge of the northern Bristol suburbs. Bae applied to turn it into a city airport in the mid 1990s but were turned down by the government following a public enquiry.

The city council lost its chance with Filton in the 1950s when it decided to move its airport from Whitchurch to Lulsgate. It could have had Filton, albeit as tenant to the then BAC.

I think Filton as a commercial airport is dead in the water - too many environmental objections. Lulsgate has done magnificently considering its many disadvantages. Filton would have done even better had it been Bristol's airport.

Sorry to move off topic but the question was asked.

matching
10th May 2005, 11:50
By the way GV Airlines is correct Martin May runs the company,

PJ assumed direct control over the technical side of the business, appointed a new pilot management team and also new management team in engineering.

Peter Delaney left and PJ brought Frank Barker back, a good move as far as the pilots are concerned.

As a result, relationships with management improved, technical reliability improved and this has been reflected in our on-time performance.

We appear to have a very good team in place now.