PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training - Where 2 go?

Wingman09
25th Apr 2005, 10:14
Hi, i currently have a PPL. Im looking for somewhere to complete my CPL & MEIR in NZ. I need somewhere with student loan. I dont want to do instructing or a diploma unless i have to.
Has anyone have any suggestions where to do these which will give me the best chance of getting work afterwards.

Cheers

Massey058
25th Apr 2005, 23:23
The main problem with a lot of the place that are covered by the student loan system is that require you to do their courses from the start. I know at Massey they will credit you with a max of 25hrs at the beginning of the program.

Ardmore flying school do their courses in modules so it may be possible to pick up the CPL programme there.

It does pay to browse these forums and see what people say about the organisations although some people are more armchair expert than factual expert.

In terms of getting work afterwards, AFS have a lot of c-cats sitting around trying to get some work from what I hear. It really depends on wether there are vacancies at the time and at the moment there is a bit of upward movement.

GAYouth111
26th Apr 2005, 03:54
Try the following websites

www.McDonalds.co.nz (http://www.mcdonalds.co.nz)

and

www.BurgerKing.co.nz (http://www.burgerking.co.nz)

I hear that they have a whole heap of people that have done their CPL and MEIR on a student loan (with/without a diploma and with/without an instructors rating).

Always advertising for more.

G.A.Youth

flying ginge
27th Apr 2005, 04:08
ahhhh ha ha ha. Wait hold on, that's not funny.

Wingman do some research. Get hold of the wings directory. Find out what places have twins and do atos with them so you've got a chance of getting something back for all the thousands of dollars you're going to pour into them. Invercargill, Dunnos, Nelson?, Hastings, Tauranga Gisborne all have twins that do training and charters. But there will be no gaurantees of work after all is signed off. Just be a good bastard and don't do anything stupid and you'll have a decent shot at getting employment.

Good luck

FG

Sqwark2004
27th Apr 2005, 07:14
Definately give Air Gisborne a go.
They don't have student loans available and you may have to do an instructor rating, but you will get heaps of time riding around in the r/h seat + there are days when both of the Seneca's are out all day.

Cheap place to live, not too many others sitting around waiting for work (like there is a larger schools) and an experienced multi-instructor. I'm sure if you help out ol' Marg & John then they will look after you.

Good Luck

S2K4eva

defiant
29th Apr 2005, 02:37
Hi there,

I recommend depending on where u are based, Flight training manawatu.

I completed a C cat instructors rating there and i believe that they can offer the training in modular form for the student loan. (check to confirm this)

Friendly bunch of ppl and they have a few twins on the line.. So possibility of work afterwards if you play your cards right..

Defiant.

GAYouth111
30th Apr 2005, 05:20
Twin work at FTM???

Only if you have 1000 ++++ hours, have spent loads of $$$$$ with them and are prepared work as an instructor (or more likely a receptionist) from 6am through to 9pm (in the summer) 7 days a week (all year round). Even then you'll have to fight with BB & BB to get anywork on the PA-31. Only work you'll get on the P68 is when you are doing VFR photo's or instructing.