PDA

View Full Version : More Euromanx routes (Merged)

jfriday
24th Apr 2005, 18:04
Euromanx's website is now showing SOU-DUS SOU-VIE and SOU-Eindhoven on its route map, which also states they are to commence next month!

This all seems odd to me as they can't even sort out their existing routes and are leasing aircraft right left and centre. Why would they announce even more routes?

Hey there
24th Apr 2005, 18:22
I have no doubt the Mods will zap this thread soon but EMX also have their press release on the web saying Galway to Paris will be a "direct nonstop service" and then tell you it goes via IOM when you book. I would reckon a direct service would do well and certainly not need top up via IOM.

skiddyiom
25th Apr 2005, 06:21
Forgive my stupidity, but where on Euromanx's website does it state these routes?

I can only find the ones we already know about is. from GWY to CDG, LCY etc.

And I couldn't find a route map.

Cheers

skiddy

david_wilding
25th Apr 2005, 09:09
Well, i have located these routes perfectly. The route map is clealy located on the main page.

I must agree with the others, they need to get the original routes and the RJs, before announcing new routes to their angry passengers.

eurobitch
25th Apr 2005, 09:51
Hey Skiddy

Did you get any good pics of RJ on its first IOM flight yesterday.

Be good to see them if ya did as your a bit good at the old photography milarky!

Cheers
E B
:)

Ronaldsway Radar
25th Apr 2005, 10:04
Yes everyone rush out and take some pics while the weather holds off! Quickly!!!
:D

RR

10 DME ARC
25th Apr 2005, 10:04
See the problem EMX has a new web site euromanx.com, the old one was www1.euromanx.com.
The route's are on this site.
:)

skiddyiom
25th Apr 2005, 12:30
EB, I got several excellent shots. Contact me if you'd like a print.

2 web sites? Arrrgh, no wonder I'm confused!!

skiddy

MaxReheat
10th May 2005, 19:16
The silence is deafening considering the amount of flak that the Euros and their RJs were attracting. So what's going on over there on the Rock. Are the RJs flying any routes and is there any news on the arrival of the Dash8s or Dorniers? And if there are any crew reading this how is the training going? Many potential recruits are watching developments with great interest from across the water so any news appreciated.:ok:

jimbo canuck
10th May 2005, 20:47
There is a Dash 8 (C-FEPA) in full Euromanx colours (complete with Triskelion on tail) sitting in front of the Bombardier hangar at North Bay today. I assume it will be shipping out shortly.

skiddyiom
11th May 2005, 06:35
Thats interesting Jimbo. I just hope it doesnt spend as much time on the ground as the 2 RJ's.

The rest of their "hired" fleet seems to be busy but the 2 jets spend a lot of time sitting around and that cannot be good for business.

Still, once they get their Dash's things might change. It will be nice to see a regular fleet at last. Even if they do sit around :D

Happy Wednesday

Skiddy

fragul
11th May 2005, 11:02
2 RJ's 'PK & PJ acting as static exhibits at the IOM aviation museum this morning. The multi national leased fleet continues to service the routes (including a Piper chieftain service on the Belfast schedule!) What is the latest story on the Galway services ?

n5205e00421
11th May 2005, 11:44
Galway: Welcome Air's Do328 most of the time..

L.

flyerz111
11th May 2005, 16:58
From what I can see on their website, there is still availability on all Galway - London City services this week suggesting that they cannot fill the 30-seater 328, let alone trying to fill the RJ70. Aer Arann still have cheap seats for this week so the overall market must be oversupplied (or under-demanded). I still reckon the London City route will be a winner someday soon.

What is the problem with the RJ - presumably lack of crew or (please say no!) not more AOC concerns?

spagiola
11th May 2005, 19:27
EuroManx's RJ70 did operate into LCY at least once (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/834748/L/ )

Persimmon
11th May 2005, 22:57
Flew IOM-LCY-IOM on one of the RJs ('PK both times) this Tuesday. The outbound 8.00 a.m.was almost full but the 3.00 p.m return flight had no more than 25 pax.

However a colleague flew back to the Island from LCY on Tuesday evening's flight, which was operated by the "Flying Palm Tree" ATR 42

Yak97
12th May 2005, 07:53
These routes are shown on the Euromanx route display with a note "starts may 2005", but you can't book them yet. EIN airport shows the routes as commencing on 09 May on a Saab2000.

Where would this Saab be coming from? I know Cross/Eurocross/Swiss etc have (had?) some and Eastern have some, but they weren't a particularly well selling aircraft? (Too complex). Also starting a new route with a 50 seater?

Hey there
13th May 2005, 12:01
It seems Denim and Farnair are vacating the Isle of Man today after their Euromanx leases and the Austrian 328 which had been operating between Galway and London City has also departed.

Are Euromanx operating their own RJ70s, Dash 8 and 328 now?

skiddyiom
13th May 2005, 12:29
Thats interesting. No sign of the Dash 8 yet, although a contact tells me one will arrive this weekend.

We do have a Flightline 146 working here today, could that be the Denim/Farnair replacement? Also the Metroliner has returned.

We also have an RJ sitting doing absolutely nothing. Must be costing a fortune to park.

Cheers

Skiddy

atprider
13th May 2005, 15:12
A little bird (not a taxi driver) tells me that Denim have jumped the rock due to non payment ? Again only one RJ flying - on the IOM LCY route, the other on static park. I believ the metroliner was actually operating for Keenair today though.

Fried_Chicken
13th May 2005, 17:51
A Flightline BAe146 has been operating the Galway - London City route the past couple of days

FC

jimbo canuck
13th May 2005, 19:04
Euromanx Dash 8 looks like it is preparing to leave North Bay this afternoon. Destination unknown

Eh Hello?
13th May 2005, 20:53
The Farnair ATR42 HB-AFD operated to Dublin tonight with a ULL flight number so they must have moved the lease to the Austrian AOC. Also all mention of Denim Air has been removed from the Euromanx website so it looks like they are getting themselves sorted out.

eastjimmy
14th May 2005, 06:43
any word on the load factor on the galway routes????

Ronaldsway Radar
14th May 2005, 16:03
So have we seen the last of the Denim F50's now?
Well it was fun seeing them around!!
So from today (saturday) what aircraft are being operated by EuroManx?
Thanks in advance people!
RR

JB007
14th May 2005, 16:24
So I understand the whole airline will be run from an Austrian AOC. What flight crew licence issues if any does this give them?

And why and Austrian AOC????

Just curious..
Cheers
JB

the highwayman
14th May 2005, 22:52
Dont know anything about their AOCs or aircraft out of Galway but apparently they are doing some serious advertising in the local Galway papers there including full colour pages.

This is probably part of the marketing deal with the airport.

D'ont know if this link will work but it shows the type of ad they have had recently - I think you need Adobe Acrobat.
http://www.galwayadvertiser.ie/dws/pdf/GA_1205_E1_003.pdf

Does anyone know if they have been doing similar promotion work anywhere else ?

The Highwayman

atprider
15th May 2005, 08:19
All I can say is that you won't have seen either of the EM RJ's in Galway since Tuesday, as they've both been here on the rock. One has been doing four sectors in the afternoon each day (as and when the crew can get the computer reset!) And the other remains on static exhibit at the Manx aviation museum. I guess shortage of crews is the problem.

WOWBOY
15th May 2005, 18:07
Has anyone caught a glimpse of the euromanx Dash 8 and when is it suposed to arrive??

n5205e00421
15th May 2005, 20:31
Today the Palm Tree ATR42 operated the `jet service`out of Galway.. :ok:

flyerz111
15th May 2005, 20:47
Wowboy - please let's not get into another 'when will it arrive' debate about Euromanx. The RJ debate just dragged on and on and on. It will arrive when they pay for it, have it crewed and have it on their (or somebody's ) AOC. Until then, Air Atlantic, Flightline, Farnair, Woodgate, Highland and others will earn a few shillings from Euromanx and the company will continue to embarass itself further.

Let's all hope it sorts itself out very soon - there are a lot of very patient people beginning to think along the same lines.

atprider
15th May 2005, 21:15
flyerz - I'd say there's more than a few shillings gone the way of the various operators keeping EM's heads above water !!!! Well into the hundreds of thousands & possibly millions I daresay.

And on the subject of when will it arrive, as other posts confirm the RJ's did, but due to operational restraints are anything but fulfilling their full potential.

As you say, let's not tell the same story again, but only those i/c at EM can re-write the history books......

Finchy
16th May 2005, 22:47
I believe Manchester and Liverpool are the primary destinations for the Dash 8 and maybe Glasgow/Southampon/London City on the weekends. Not 100% sure though.

GMIMA
17th May 2005, 14:23
rumour has it, that there is a dash 8 in euro manx colours in canada, and will operate of a canadian AOC and the pilots will be canadian as well ----- as manx as the hills yessir!

by the way what ever happened to deniem air?????

looked like it was another rossair situation. here one min, gone the next.

flight supports iom director has resigned from his job and there is others to follow apparently. looks like they are clutching at straws.

granddaddy
17th May 2005, 15:18
I was under the impression that you had been retired!!
Plenty of jobs going at 3W.

ref -8's there is also a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!
Have seen both RJ's flying,and a Fliteline146-300,and 2 ATR's a Metroliner,3 J31's.
No sign of Scotair Do328,perhaps that has gone to Galway!!

It is all too much for an old timer to keep up with.

WOWBOY
17th May 2005, 15:24
There website now states that Southampton-Dusseldorf,Vienna and Eindhoven now start in Summer 2005?

Richard Taylor
17th May 2005, 15:27
Hi guys,there was a Euromanx flight at ABZ last week(Fri 13/5).

T'was a PA31 light twin,does anyone know why it was up here?

I read a Flightline 146 was operating some of your flights.

As we have 3 of them up here,I presume connected to that?

Sean Dillon
17th May 2005, 19:33
I heard some guys were going through a Dash 8 rating with Euromanx, all JAA UK Crew. Anyone know whats going on with them?

Hansol
18th May 2005, 07:00
GMIMA - Flight Support has an IOM Director ?

sybt
18th May 2005, 08:21
GIMIMA

I am a F/O on the dash have just finished rating and by the way were do you get your info? sounds like you need a new supplier!
Not opertating on a canadian AOC.

Denim were always on a temporary contract to cover until our a/c arrive, it really does'nt take Einstein to work out why they have gone!

Regards

sybt

eurobitch
18th May 2005, 09:10
OK Guys,

This thread is apparently about new emx routes so on that subject it will very interesting to see how numbers will increase on the Bristol? has been limited to BAe J41 until now and will now be opertated by an RJ, loads are pretty good for first flght on Friday apparently. I wonder how it will effect Eastern?

E B:)

San Expiry
18th May 2005, 09:33
Hey GMIMA, how was the hibernation?

You are going to have to come up with a new nom de plume now that the old girl has gone off to pastures new. When you come up with such gems such as your 'news' about the dash it would be great if you would give us all just a teeny weeny bit of a clue where you get this stuff from even if it's only 'heard from a bloke in the pub' or 'Mr Seymour told me on the first tee yesterday' - 'cos your cred rating ain't very high and goes lower when you come up with the like of that Canadian fantasy.:D

shock_horror
18th May 2005, 11:15
From my information, there are elements of truth in what GMIMA has to say.

Firstly, the Managing Director of Flight Support, the handling company set up by WS, has resigned, allegedly because he no longer wants to be associated with the outfit. A new MD has been appointed who is well known to the Euromanx and Flight Support staff and, I should add, the majority are not happy with. There are talks about a mass exodus.

As far as the Dash is concerend, I believe it is still on the canadian register and therefore requires a canadian crew and AOC to get it into the country. I may be slightly adrift on this because I do not fully understand the rules for moving aircraft between different countries etc etc.

To be blunt, Euromanx at the moment are doing themselves no favours - they are becoming a joke. They have too many routes for too few aircraft and crews, and to introduce more routes before they have stability on the present ones seems to be a ludicrous situation. They keep promising their own aircraft, not only on the Isle of Man but also Galway and still have to rely on other operators to do the services for them. The 2 RJs have been more a less static in the Isle of Man for weeks apart from the odd half days work by one of them, I assume due to lack of crews.

If I was running EM my first task would be to sack the PR man. To make press statements promising this, that and the other before the plans are in place to make them happen is the main cause of people slagging off the airline. All airlines have intial problems in setting up - I remember Manx Airlines when they started sub-leased the now defunct Genair E110s to carry out some of their routes for them so there is nothing new in that. However, the airline is now, I think, over 2 years old and should be on a more stable footing by now.

So come on Euromanx - get your press man to tell the truth for once. Don't promise things you cannot deliver and maybe people will start to take you more seriously.:ok:

carltoncole
18th May 2005, 11:15
Sybt, qoute

"Denim were always on a temporary contract to cover until our a/c arrive, it really does'nt take Einstein to work out why they have gone!"

Rumour has it it's because EMX owe them £400,000. Rumour also has it flight support are paying manx regional to do pushbacks and toilet cleaning etc and the cheque bounced. Heard you've got till the end of the week or literally, your in s**t

PPRuNe Pop
18th May 2005, 12:51
Please. Do NOT let us have a repeat of the past weeks. It all settled down after it was realised the the wild speculations were off beam.

Now we see that it is happening again. This should be avoided and your posts should be based as near possible to fact and not fantasy. Idle rumour can damage your health ;)

PPP

granddaddy
18th May 2005, 13:31
Re-your statement about Bristol flights.
Surely you are only operating an RJ as the aircraft is needed in BRS for charter work,and only operating Mon and Fri.
Will it still operate if charter work dries-up & wasn't this originally one of the 328 routes.

I see mor cancellations again today,with your RJ's parked up and F/Line operating LCY.
Would have enjoyed your flight to DUB yesterday,TOB almost in double figures on the 146-300.

How do you make money???:confused: :confused: :confused:

shock_horror
18th May 2005, 15:27
Just to give a balanced argument on the Denim Air story, the other version going around is as follows:

Denim Air had the offer of another contract which paid more than the Euromanx one - Denim then tired to re-negotiate the EM contract for a higher price and EM, quite rightly, told them where to get off.

Not sure which one I believe - the viewers can decide for themselves!

eurobitch
18th May 2005, 16:29
Shock_horror

How long did it take to make that one up? Probably about the same time it took as the last one....rumour control at it's finest!

Im not going to get into another slangin match on here all I can say is you have only ever posted about 6 or seven posts on here all slaging off euromanx or its management. A bit bitter and maybe out of some sort of fear?

Oh and BTW dont know where you got your info from in regards to new MD at flight support "mass exodus" etc but i think you will find the truth of the matter is that the majority of the staff are relieved and pleased after all he only ran it for about two and a half years previous to that and most staff have worked with him before.

Dream on!

E B

shock_horror
18th May 2005, 17:02
Eurobitch:

If you look back you will see that I did not post the original 'rumour' as you put it. I was in fact trying to offer the other side of the story in defence of Euromanx - if you prefer me to delete it and just leave the one about EM owing Denim £400,000 I will be pleased to do so.

As far as your claim about me having made 6-7 posts all slagging off Euromanx, you will find that I am new to all this and have in fact only made about 3 posts. Get your facts right before going public..ah..maybe you are the Euromanx PR person!!

Flight Support has only been in existence for about 6 months so how can you claim that the new MD has run it for 2/ 1/2 years? I have personally spoken to at least 3 members of staff who are not best chuffed at the new appointment and have slightly differing opinions on the person than you obviously have.

Believe me, I am not against Euromanx. I am all for fair competition but I am one of the people that regularly has to work till 11 o clock each night because of EMs inability to complete their days operations within airport opening hours. Again this is all down to too many routes and not enough aircraft/crews to operate them.

PPRuNe Pop
18th May 2005, 17:55
Now you see, this is what I was referring to. The slagging has started so I will stop it right now. The thread is closed.

If anyone wishes to start another thread on Euromanx they are free to do so but it had better be clear that it ishould be reasoned debate with NO abuse and NO slagging off. If you can do that then enjoy.

Btw. With his last post shock horror has made 5 posts!