PDA

View Full Version : EK763 Return to DXB 24 April '05

GLOBAL AV8OR
24th Apr 2005, 13:23
Had a non-industry friend on the flight that returned "for technical reasons after about 2 hours, had to dump fuel, got parked pretty far from main runway".

Anybody know more on this?

Keep the blue side up.:ok:

White Knight
24th Apr 2005, 13:55
Probably parked a fair way from the runway(terminal??) as there's VERY LITTLE SPARE parking space in DXB:ok:

Zomp
24th Apr 2005, 17:59
old A343 they lost bleed air on 3 engines

quarefellah
24th Apr 2005, 20:54
The story as I've heard it is A343 ex DXB #1 eng fail during 1st hour of flight. Fire handle pulled as damage suspected (it banged a bit). Talked to everybody and decided to return to DXB. Simple as that.

So it would appear the only air that was lost was the high speed stuff that should have been coming out the back of #1 :D

Zomp
24th Apr 2005, 22:27
quarefellah,
talked to the pilot, but I am sure you know better than him.

GLOBAL AV8OR
25th Apr 2005, 06:03
Thanks guys, hope to hear more of the real story, hopefully from anyone personally involved.

:ok:

quarefellah
25th Apr 2005, 06:34
Zomp,
Doubt I do know better than either him or you for that matter. Which pilot did you talk to again as there is certainly some discrepancy here? Not going to argue the toss on a public forum.
Let's just see what the ASR says when published in the weekly summary. And before anybody else starts I'm not going to publish the ASR here (Oh dear, how could we ever forget that witch hunt)

helen-damnation
25th Apr 2005, 08:10
quarefellah,

Ah go on, go on, go on!
It would give AAR something else to do instead of shafting us all again.:mad:

Anyone else suddenly found they have got reserve in the higher bid groups and min' days off?:confused:

GLOBAL AV8OR
25th Apr 2005, 15:48
Ok, ok... here's what I heard today:

Both of you are partly correct, as both these incidents (alleged??) happened to the same flight number, but on different days.

It seems (not confirmed, wait for the ASR) that last week sometime, an a/c had to turnback due to a thrust loss/shutdown of 1 engine.
Yesterday, another flight turned back, which could be the bleed loss described above.

Watch this space.

Later.
:ok:

Vorsicht
25th Apr 2005, 16:14
Given that the topic title is "EK763 return to dxb 24 april 05"

wouldn't that suggest that one of the combatants is right and the other is wrong. May I suggest the one who is talking about EK763 on the 24th is probably right.

Zomp
25th Apr 2005, 17:02
quarefellah is living in the past, har har

quarefellah
25th Apr 2005, 18:23
Unlike most of Flt Ops Management I AM willing to admit I made a mistake. Wrong day right flight.
Jeez I'm glad we got those A343s-they're a 'godsend' to EK. I particularly like the one about the Airbus crew that couldn't bring back the A332 they sent down as replacement the other day. The capt (trainee) was on his 1st operational A340 so couldn't go back to flying the old (but reliable) half past three 'bus.

Emirates keep on discovering!

PS: Anyone fancy a wager on the outcome of Wednesday's big event (NO I'm not referring to A380 1st flight. This is something FAR more important:* )