PDA

View Full Version : OzJet Flight Attendant recruitment

AN CSO
24th Apr 2005, 07:27
Hi,

Has anyone heard anything regarding their recruitment?

They advertised for pilots a week ago in the Australian and I read an article that the Flight Attendant management team was in place, but I have not seen anything regarding FA recruitment?

nickmelb
24th Apr 2005, 08:18
hey An cso

i have some details pvt me for more info if u are keen

apparently there will be a melb base, 4 sector days will apparently be normal.

cheers

A300Man-2005
24th Apr 2005, 08:31
Using 737-200's I believe.

AN CSO
24th Apr 2005, 11:43
nick,

I've just sent you a pm.

DesertCrew
18th May 2005, 12:32
hi everyone,

I have noticed that Pilot recruitment with OzJet has now closed. Does anyone have any idea when Flight Attendant recruitment will open? Any bases planned other than Mel?
Thanks
DesertCrew

nickmelb
15th Jun 2005, 08:35
FYI peoples, interviews r being held in melbourne next thursday and friday for applicants that have applied.

Be prepared for a group interview and possibly a 1 on 1 interview the same day.

good luck to those attending, AN CSO did u get an interview?

cheers:ok: :ok: :ok: :)

fourplay
15th Jun 2005, 13:11
Thankfully Nicky boy we are not in this line up!
No more interviews!

We will be thinking of you all as we take some afternoon sun around the pool at some posh hotel in AUH next month.

Sounds like a great concept... hope it works out.

:} :} :}

ozangel
15th Jun 2005, 13:23
Has everyone that applied so far got interviews?

Good luck to everyone attending...

Bizzi_Boi
16th Jun 2005, 00:01
Hi all,

Exciting to hear news that is positive, that some movement in the industry could be around the corner.

What is the general feeling about this proposed airline?

Here are a couple of links that may be of interest :

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,15415900%255E643,00.html (The Australian Newspaper Article)

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/816063/M/ (Airlners.Net picture)

Do you believe it will be a success?. We all know we need a model such as this and Australian's need something that the rest of the world is quite used to. Both budget economy travel airlines and airlines suited to business pax. But do Australian's have the mind set to embrace this kind of model? I do hope so.

I'm currently cabin crew and those of you that know me, would know where my question above is coming from.

Inviting feedback on what you have heard and what you think about OzJet.

Happy landings,

Bizzi_Boi

stillontheground
20th Jun 2005, 02:07
Hey guys! :cool:

Just wanted to know if anyone is currently going through the recruitment process with Ozjet??? I just received a call from them this morning asking me to email them a copy of my CV. :eek:

The lady that called me said that she would have a look through my CV and then get back to me this afternoon..:suspect: I don't know if this is going to happen ... y'all know how airlines can be!

Good luck to everyone who is going through the recruitment process!:ok:

Still on the ground

Chris21
20th Jun 2005, 04:04
Just a quick question as to how you are all applying. Did you just send a CV and covering letter to the general mailing address??

Or is this recruitment a need to know someone type arrangment??

Feel free to PM me.. any info or advice would be appreciated.

stillontheground
20th Jun 2005, 06:16
Hey Chris21,

Check your PM's ;)

Still On the Ground:)

andie74
22nd Jun 2005, 10:48
im not clued up yet on the Ozjet info- will there be a Melb base? i remember Adelaide being mentioned in the media a few months ago?

as per Chris21's question, id also be interested to know how they are recruiting bcos ive checked out the website and it basically says to 'hang tight' and keep an eye on the website- so how are people already applying?

andie74

stillontheground
24th Jun 2005, 18:49
Hi all ;)

Just wanted to know if anyone had attended the interviews... how did you feel you went. 24 is not alot of people !!!

Andie74, to get to these interviews, people who sent in their resumes/cv's to Ozjet a couple of months ago were contacted last week inviting them to attend a group interview and a panel interview. I believe they will be advertising online very soon, so you haven't missed your chance to work for this very innovative airline! :cool:

Good luck to everyone else who did apply and who will apply :O

Still on the Ground (and likely to stay there! :( )

London Jets
24th Jun 2005, 19:23
If you want any advice regarding Ozjet then Just do a search for European Aviation Air Charter as it is Paul Stoddart who owns Ozjet. The same Paul Stoddart that stuck 2 fingers up at 500 or so members of staff at EAAC and who he still owes money to.

Chris21
25th Jun 2005, 12:06
I went along to the interviews and really not sure what to make of it all.. I am loving the product already and feel a sense of prestige and glamour again returning to Australian skies - albeit in 30 year old aircraft hiding from ex European staff.. I was also impressed by the team behind it.. Cabin Crew Manager - fantasitc chick.. my two on one interview went something like we are not going to sit here and insult your intellegence by asking you these questions.. so in two weeks I will be able to tell you if that is a positive thing or if it was a way of saying no thanks..

I would not be put off at all by the only need 24 crew for start up thing as once they get the green light those rust bucket planes will be here in a flash and expansion will be quick.. my impression also was if they find 100 people that they like then 100 people will kept on file to wack into those slots pretty quickly..

Anyway it's all subject to Government approval.. feel free to PM me for more detail..

stillontheground
29th Jun 2005, 07:07
Times Indigo HI GUYS! :)

I just got a call back for the final interview for Ozjet - next week :uhoh: and get this... 4 interviewers will be interviewing me all at the same time! :oh:

Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Please let me know!

Still on the Ground :\

EAF122
30th Jun 2005, 19:37
DON'T GET ANY CLOSE TO THAT COMPANY, STAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IN THE SAME POSITION AS THE 500 PEOPLE FROM EUROPEAN AVIATION. TRUST ME , THE EVIL IS AN ANGEL NEXT TO THE FAMOUS PAUL STOODART, THIS IS MY ADVISE, BUT FROM THE DEEP OF MY HEART DON'T GO THERE OR YOU WILL REGRET IT. PAUL STOODART JUST LOST THE BRITISH TRIBUNALS LAST WEEK, AND HE WILL HAVE TO PAY THE MONEY HE OWES, SO I DOUBT IT HE WILL GO AHEAD WITH OZJET.
REMEMBER ITS ONLY MY ADVISE, BUT GET INFORMED BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY MOVE TO HELL!!!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Chris21
5th Jul 2005, 02:01
I can appreciate all Ex-European staffs concerns - it's not good. We in Australia are no strangers to this concept having endured what we call the Ansett Collapse leaving 16,000 staff in the same situation and in excess of 30,000 people left stranded literally overnight. Also due to the lack of options I think you will find Australian's will give it ago.

Anyway this is the latest as reported in the last couple of days, looks like it is happening.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/air-regulator-says-ozjet-likely-to-fly/2005/07/01/1119724812116.html?oneclick=true

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15787760-29277,00.html

stillontheground
7th Jul 2005, 07:08
Hi All! :)

I have just had my final interview for Ozjet today. To start up their operations, they are only hiring 24 cabin crew (to make matters worse 12 will be from Melbourne and 12 from Sydney) - great. I am one of 30 hopefuls.... and I am not holding my breath. The interview was nerve wracking and I just feel that a 1 in 2.5 chance is not good odds. Its like saying for every 5 people they interview, they will choose 2.

Anyway, all the best to everyone who is attending a final interview either this week or next week. PM me and let me know how you go - perhaps we could compare notes. ;)

Still on the Ground :ok:

Galley Guru
8th Jul 2005, 19:02
737-200 Eeish!!!

Stillontheground, I guess you dont buy lotto tickets if you think 2 out of 5 are not good odds!

stillontheground
9th Jul 2005, 03:38
Hey Galley Guru

If only you know how badly I think I went at the interview :{ - you would agree with me... Unfortunately, I seriously doubt that I will be one out of those 2 in 5! Im just being realistic.:ugh:

Still on the ground.

SkySista
9th Jul 2005, 04:17
Stillonthe ground,

try being the 1 in 50 for Emirates!!! :}

Seriously though, you probably didn't go as bad as you thought, I remember Craic was freaking after her EK interview and look how she went!! :p

Best of luck anyway!! I'm sure you'll be fine!!!

Mr Seatback 2
10th Jul 2005, 03:02
What I'd really like to know is the pay, terms and conditions of employment!?

Galley Guru
10th Jul 2005, 14:33
Oz Jet conditions and pay.... Refer to European Aviation Air Charter: Nil

stillontheground
14th Jul 2005, 16:30
INDIGO

Hi everyone ;)

Just wanted to say that maybe I should start buying more lottery tickets... as I have just been offered the position with Ozjet as a flight attendant. I still can't believe it myself, and am afraid to go to sleep in case it is all a dream...

Good luck to everyone else going through the process, and I am saying a prayer for those that I know of (you know who you are...);)

If anyone else has heard or hasn't heard, I would love to hear from you. PM me if you like.

Thanks

Still on the Ground
(perhaps not for long)
:ok:

anth1980
15th Jul 2005, 02:56
hey all.
Finally i have worked out how to log into this system. i also wanted to say that I got a second interview last week with ozjet(melbourne). It all went really well and was told that offers will be made for the first and second phase. i just read the last message about ingi getting offered a position and wanted to know whether you had the interviews in Melbourne and how long ago. After reading that message I have lost hope cos i figure they would call all the other ppl on the same day.
Cheers
Anth

anth1980
15th Jul 2005, 03:03
Hi All,
Man i have no idea what i am doing on here I cant seem to post my messages. Anyway...I had a second interview with ozjet also. It went really well and I was told that they will be recruiting a few for phase one and then a few for phase two. indigo I just wanted to know if you had yours in Melbourne also. my interview went well nad i thought I may have had a chance but after reading your message i have lost hope only cos I feel they would have called everyone on the same day. let me know and congratulations.

Anth

overhere
15th Jul 2005, 05:57
stillontheground

Wanted to be the first to say congrats, I'm sure you'll find flying an amazing experience, it's a great job and you'll have a great time!

cheers,

anth1980
15th Jul 2005, 08:58
hi All,
just wanted to say that i have had news that a few ppl also have been offered positions. i had a second and thought it went great but have not heard anything. Unfortunatly for me I dont have airline experience and it looks as if most hired do. Which begs the question..how do we get the experience? Well i wont give up...i was one of those strike breakers for QF who had their heart broken, some got through and others didnt.
i have not had the notification yet that i didnt succeeed but I think the reality is hitting in. i found at the assessment that there were a few staff who were already flying...my point to you is that you dont realise how lucky you are to be in the Industry..i couldnt care who i work for but rather just want to be up there doing what I know and trust i will love.

If anyone has news let me know. conrgats to the guys who were offered a job i think you will enjoy the new experience.
Anthony

stillontheground
15th Jul 2005, 12:49
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank you for all your kind wishes and I am a little nervous and scared all at the same time.

Anth, in response to your questions, I had my first interview on Thursday June 23 and then the final interview (I was actually the first to be interviewed on the Thursday morning of the 7th July) - One week after the interview they rang me to tell me that I had the position.

Yes I do have flying experience, but I have also been through the entire Qantas interview process 4 times over (meaning that I had 4 medicals, 4 security checks; not to mention all the interviews that I had to get through) and I never was employed by them - I also got 4 rejection letters from them... it is always a bit of a worry when you show up for yet another group interview to be remembered by all the interviewers in the room!!!!! Especially when they come up to you and they remember your name..

Anyway, the key is always to keep trying. No matter what. If they throw lemons at you... make lemonade. Each attempt makes you stronger. Well, I never gave up and now I am about to fly again for Ozjet. Keep trying and you will get there in the end. I PROMISE.

Anyway, good luck to all going for the Sydney interviews. Keep us posted!

Still on the Ground

QF skywalker
15th Jul 2005, 22:58
Stillontheground,

I have seen many of your posts on pprune and you have never given up...even when you have received nothing but a big slap in the face everytime you tried for QF.

Well done and congratulations ! You are going to be part of something NEW and exciting in the Australian skies.

Can't wait to hear all the stories you will have to tell about the new airline on the block....I mean tarmac !

:D :O ;)
Happy Days
QF SKY

stillontheground
16th Jul 2005, 05:35
QF Sky

You read most of my posts???? OMG! Anyway, thankyou for those kind words, and I promise to keep you posted as to what is happening in my new job at Ozjet. At the moment I don't have a training date, but should know by the end of next week.;)

I still think this is all a dream, and have bruises from where I have pinched myself!!! :p

Anyway, I will keep you posted and again good luck to everyone who is going for interviews in Sydney :ok:

Still on the Ground
:O :cool: :O

anth1980
16th Jul 2005, 10:06
still on the ground (although that may now have to be changed),

Thanks so much for the vote of confidene. i know that there are a lot of ppl who have been through the interview process over and over again. friends who are hosties are telling me not to give up and the ones who are not hosties dont even ask anymore...i guess thats what this site is great for-we all have something in common and know how hard it is.
The good news is I have not recieved notification so i will wait for that first...who knows I could get through to phase two or even offered ground crew. either way i appreciate your positive feedback and it makes me feel normal that it can not only happen to me.
Again if anyone has any news please let us know.

...FYI. i was also told that virgin blue now only seem to be inviting ppl for assessments with blue stars (rec from a friend)...Is this true and if so i think its totally unfair..especially when you pay to use staff cv.

SkySista
17th Jul 2005, 06:01
as far as last month, no. I got invited for an assessment day in Melbourne - I have never worked for nor do not personally know any cabin crew working for DJ (except for a girl I met at an EK open day who later got in).

So I guess maybe it's either just a rumour or they started inviting only Blue Stars in the last month.... :confused:

PS - Congrats on getting in SOTG!!! :ok:

Chris21
17th Jul 2005, 11:52
Just thought I would also add that I was successful with OZJET and I will be starting with the first class of 24 crew in MEL with Still on the Ground (who can be seen in a paddington boutique as we speak shopping for her launch party outfit!) along with all the European (I do actually feel for those disadvantaged by loss of your 747 flying contract - honestly), AN, QF, DJ crew we will be working with the product is going to be first class.

I echo all of the sentiments already mentioned, for me this has been a year after year, application after application thing which now finally might be about to happen - fingers crossed the AOC and proving flights are just around the corner and those leather seats you can fit a football field in between will be in the sky for a long time to come.

andie74
18th Jul 2005, 06:10
for anyone interested........... the Ozjet website is now accepting expressions of interest for Syd, Mel, Cbr & Adl CC (for future positions)

andie74

SkySista
18th Jul 2005, 12:25
Congrats Chris 21, I know you've been after this for a LONG time!!! :)

Do let us know once Oz Jet get around to flying over Perth way :}

anth1980
19th Jul 2005, 06:18
Hi All,

As a new user on here I should apologise for my whining...

Well still no news on the outcome of my interview..i know that there are a couple of ppl still waiting to find out too. I also know that they are still reference checking so lets hope hey.

lets hope that some of us who had the interviews will get a chance at phase two.

I would still like to hear from some of you who went through the interview process and I know that like myself a few weeks ago you may only be a guest. So here goes what ill do is post my msn for you and please feel free to chat there. i know that i have met a few of you at recent assessment days but i didnt exchange numbers.
talk to you there
[email protected]:ok:

exmanpoweraus
20th Jul 2005, 12:15
Congrats to all...

welcome to the BITCH INDUSTRY! HAHA

AIRBUST
21st Jul 2005, 07:46
Hi All,
It wasn't my lucky day but good luck to all of the crew that have been sucessful. I hope it lives up to your dreams.
Congratulations and happy flying!!!!:ok:

stillontheground
22nd Jul 2005, 08:41
:( Airbust what happened???

Did you get a "thankyou for your time and effort ..... but unfortunately on this occasion..." letter??? :uhoh:

Have they already sent those out to people? I know someone who hasn't heard anything yet and was wondering if the thanks but no thanks letters have gone out... I'm sorry if you got one of those letters but keep trying and never give up, cos when you least expect it, one of the airlines will be knocking down your front door!

Let us know :\

AIRBUST
22nd Jul 2005, 10:12
Hi still on the ground!
Yes I recieved the no thanks letter. I was most suprised given my industry experience and passion but it is their loss.
No never give up is my moto as other opportunities do come along. Has anyone else recieved these letters yet? Which I hope I am the only one and every body else gets in.
Good luck to you!
I am dissappointed no doubt as they seemed like a great team!
PS private message me if you would like too.

ozangel
22nd Jul 2005, 10:22
AIRBUST,
sorry to hear.
Did you get my pm?
x

anth1980
22nd Jul 2005, 14:21
Hi Airbust and all,

I recieved an email today from the team. i am very excited but still a bit unsure. Basically the letter reads that i didnt get the first round offers but they are plased to advise that my details have been put on 'our holding pool'. It also goes on to say that it will be held for 12 months and they can call me to attend their training school within that time and that they will give me enough time to submit a resignation to my current employer.
I have to submit an acceptance and I guess just wait.
What do you think this means? Unfortunatly I have had bad experiences with things such as your on file for 12 months...
Is it due to the fact that they are still unsure how many aircraft they have? And do i take it as yes i have got a job when one comes up in that time?

I am a little confuse but also happy and excited.
What do you all think?
anth
p.s arbus was this the same letter?

stillontheground
23rd Jul 2005, 00:35
Thats great Anth:ok:

I think that the holding pool is a good sign because they are going to need more crew when they get more aircraft, and as they will have you in the holding pool, they will look to you guys before anyone else.... and they will be getting more aircraft early next year - and another thing... if Ozjet shows signs of shakiness or that it wasn't the success that they had planned it to be (lets face it... it is the airline industry) you can gauge that while you are still working in your other job - and you don't have to take it if you feel that it might not be around in a year or so's time.

Well done. It isn't a no letter. I think you have done very well.

All the best, and maybe I will see you online

Still on the ground;)

qfmike737
23rd Jul 2005, 13:57
congratulations to everyone who gets in! it must be really exciting to be starting with a BRAND new all BUSINESS class carrier!!! Good luck to all of you and have fun!!

EAF122
24th Jul 2005, 16:07
YOU MUST BE JOKING! Wait and see when one day they will let you know that they can't aford to pay your wages any more, and then tell me wich kind of BUSINESS CLASS CARRIER you had been working for.
GOOD LUCK and get a solicitor as soon as possible.

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

anth1980
25th Jul 2005, 03:26
Eaf122,

Its ppl like you that I often wonder what are you doing or why do you want to be in the Industry? I think support is really what this website is about, not bitching and complaining....I only hope employers keep track of these posts.
As for the coment I think you need to read further what Ozjet is all about before blowing your trumpet. Firstly Its business class service and seating at economy prices. Secondly Ozjet are trying to put service and glammer back into the air (something that other airlines these days dont really offer). Thirdly from my wonderful experience so far with these employes I have found them to be prompt, proffessional and caring to us...Not only will we be put on as full time employees we will have the benefits that airlines once offered.
Finally did you know that the airoplanes are actually owned? therfore they are already infront. Along with other companies owned O/S, are major Airline Training centres and other carriers to name just a few.

i dont want to get into debates on here with people because thats what i am NOT about but it did upset me to see things like that. You know how hard it is to get into Cabincrew so why not support us instead of giving us flack. Also if you were any kind of person maybe you should express your feelings leaving your real name?

Congrats again to all the guys at Ozjet for making our journey so wonderful.

waav8r
25th Jul 2005, 07:30
Anth1980,

I couldn't agree with you more. Any potential OzJet employee can figure out for themselves the history of the company's founder and IMHO - his success in Europe speaks for itself. It is in the public domain that there is an ongoing issue with the financial compensation to some of the employees of the 742 operation which ended prematurely due to the fall-away of an essential contract. This does not a bad man - or indeed a bad company maketh.

I am, along with most contributors to this thread, tremendously excited to become part of the start-up of this new airline, and those of us who have had to travel extensively for business on the domestic scene in Australia in recent years, know that increased competition is WAY overdue - particularly for the business traveller. The comfort and convenience for the highest yield customers (the ones who travel for business, but need the flexibility of a fully changable ticket and more often than not - cannot travel on business class either due to company policy or quite often because a business ticket quite simply is not available on the route sector), seems to have been forgotten by QANTAS in their never-ending quest for increased load factors (read more bums-on-seats). There is no question i my mind that OzJet will succeed and I look forward to become part of an airline that will bring back some of the enchantment and satisfaction that air travel once had. And by the way - they are a great bunch of people and with the modest expectations of the airline in terms of market share - we are likely to get to know most of the people working for the airline, rather than being a number on a seniority list being rostered for a flight with people you never met before in your life and most likely will never meet again.

Hang in there Anth1980 - the expansion WILL happen and I am sure the holding pool will be a very good place to be in the very near future. :D

anth1980
25th Jul 2005, 13:35
Waav8r......

Thanks so much for posting the reply, its great to get the support from everyone...

Congrats also to you getting a position. i have a strong feeling that Ozjet will make a large impact to its small market.
I know of one other person who is in the pool like me....But the letter is quite strongly written and we believe we will get a call later this year. I hope so as i think the guys there at Ozjet are great, they are very very proffessional and get the feeling they are few of the best in the Industry.

Good luck with it all and keep me posted as to whats happening. PM me if you want my msn.

Anthony:ok: :ok:

EAF122
26th Jul 2005, 20:24
anth1980 & waav8r

sorry guys, i think you miss my point, we are not talking about to be negative here, i just want it to let every one know about the kind of person you are going to work for, when i started to work for european aviation they told me the same you have been told, first class this, first class that, a lot of contracts here, there, expansion and bla, bla , bla, untill one day 560 people didnt have any money to pay they bills. and still waitting for answers and of course our moneys.
waav8r let me tell you that the fall-away of an essential contract did not put the 742 operations out, it goes more far than that, you should find out the real reasons before to make an opinion about this subject.
You can do what ever you want, i just wanted to open your eyes, the only thing i can tell you is OPEN YOUR EYES BEFORE ITS TO LATE.
I really want to wish you all the best to you and everybody in OZJET, it s nothing against the cabin crew, the only thing we want its that PAUL STOODART doesnt do it again with his own people of AUSTRALIA and any where in the world because what he did here in UK, doesnt do any good to the AIRLINE INDUSTRY.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

Chris21
27th Jul 2005, 01:06
EAF122 - I really do empathise with you and what you have / are still going through with the whole European mess caused by one Paul Stoddart. Australia has very tough industrial relations laws and unions which do not allow companies in this country to simply not pay people because they do not feel like it - there is no way he would get away with that over here. I can speak from personal experience having worked for Ansett (look what happened there) and been made redundant from positions 3 times since.

Australian Aviation is also starved of opportunities for people wanting to get into the industry we have one major airline which will never be hiring full time or permanent Cabin Crew in the near future, two budget airlines and a collection of regional turbo prop operators that pay their staff on the poverty line - recruitment is cut throat. This is I think is why most Australians on this forum will constantly give you the positive and not see the negative or turn down an opportunity to work for OZJET.

I heard this morning that recently recruited Cabin Managers are being drafted by OZJET early and will commence training in the next two weeks for the CASA proving flights - which are happening sooner than everyone thinks.

EAF122
27th Jul 2005, 13:45
Chris21

Thank you very much for your reply, and for understanding our situation down here.
Like i said before my only concern, its that those things dont happen any more any where in the world, because those people behind the desk they dont give a S**** about the hard work of the cabin crew, they only think about themself and money.
Thank you and wish you all the best to the people of this great country call AUSTRALIA.

ozangel
27th Jul 2005, 15:05
Show me a person who survives a career in aviation without getting stung once (and who isnt kidding themselves), and I will show you a job advertisement with no requirements flying around the world, for $300,000 a year...

(hopes to god theres no one!).. :O

I myself have been stung once, to the tune of $18,000, (dont ask!)... I am only 21, and that was every cent I had! The sad thing is, i took it and didnt even fight it - because i didnt have a cent to fight with, especially against some of the high priced lawyers some aviation companies tend to have.

But the big question is: Why do i constantly come back for more?

Answer: Because I love it. The thought of doing anything other than aviation scares me, as it dosent interest me one bit. Its all I know. I may be only 21, but I have not known anything else for a long time. I started washing light aircraft at 14 on weekends, paid for my flying training with money I earnt from my only non aviation related jobs, a cinema (was crap - hid in the cinemas eating popcorn), a supermarket (where I was held up with a vegetable), and a medical centre (where I caught every disease known to humankind that dosent involve having sex).

I keep coming back because even if I am poor, I am happy. This confuses many of my friends in boring repetitive jobs in medical centres earning twice my last full time flying wage, but I am happy.

So, to quote Steve off Today Show (dons ugly suit and condecending tone), be alert but not alarmed. Until something actually happens like airlines going under, or any other aviation rumours for that matter, take it on board, but dont go freaking out and turning down job offers...

I reckon it will be a big success - good luck to all those starting! Hopefully I will be with you soon!!!

xx

cart_elevator
27th Jul 2005, 22:47
It wont work,simple as that.
Qantas gets the business market due to the frequent flyer program,qf club etc.no points means business people wont fly Ozjet.They are flying clapped out,old 737s, which cannot be efficient.Thats another problem.No offence to those going there,but I think they will close shortly after they open if they open at all.And the man behind it is famous for the misfortunes of employees of a charter airline in the UK.Its done before it starts.

anth1980
28th Jul 2005, 08:39
MY MOTHER ALWAYS SAID.......
if you dont have anything good to say dont say it at all.

why dont we all just wait before we start commenting...who knows it may just work....?

stillontheground
28th Jul 2005, 12:08
Has it ever occured to anyone that Ozjet is not ONLY for business class travellers?? I know a few people that only fly business class because they can afford to; prefer the service, or they don't fit economy seats!!! Qantas is the only domestic carrier that provides this service. Its about time that they had a bit of competition!

I think Ozjet will attract people from all areas - I don't think that EVERY traveller is all about earning points etc... I do think there will be passengers out there that would love the fact that there are only 60 seats in the aircraft with more privacy and more personalised service.

I also think that alot of government people might choose to fly this airline, and perhaps even charter it on a regular basis.

I think those people who have nothing positive to say about this airline need to think outside the square.

Good luck to everyone who has been successful in gaining a position

qfmike737
28th Jul 2005, 14:58
:mad:

Zigzag
29th Jul 2005, 09:14
Quoted by cart_elevator

It wont work,simple as that.

Yep, OK.........

Qantas gets the business market due to the frequent flyer program,qf club etc.no points means business people wont fly Ozjet.

Why is there so many disgruntled "Business" passengers out there then? Some flying on Virgin because they dislike Qantas so much. Some still flying Qantas in the absence of a competitor. There IS a market there waiting to be tapped into..

They are flying clapped out,old 737s, which cannot be efficient.Thats another problem.

Clapped out? Try well-maintained. Who cares if they are old - passengers will be more interested (if they are at all) in the presentation inside. They may not be the most efficient A/C, but this is offset by the fact they have no leasing/payment costs.

No offence to those going there,but I think they will close shortly after they open if they open at all.And the man behind it is famous for the misfortunes of employees of a charter airline in the UK.Its done before it starts.

After seeing your location, it all makes sense...........

Galley Guru
29th Jul 2005, 11:08
Zigzag, well maintained or not a 737-200 just insnt fuel efficent. In an industry with such little margin for profit I doubt their other cost savings you talk about would be enough to off set this. Look at the history of Australian aviation, Copmass I and II, Kendell, Impulse etc the Australian skies are tough market to crack. The only reason Virgin managed to sustain was because of the demise of Ansett.

cart_elevator
29th Jul 2005, 21:09
Zigzag

After seeing your location, it all makes sense...........

Yup am in London, but workin for Qantas.

Have only been here a while from Australia but have already bumped into many many people who were burnt by his 'non-paying-charter-airline' in the uk.
A 737-200 would be the least effiecient aircraft in the current Australian domestic market, so sorry if that offends, but it is accurate.
If you choose to work for him, I would ask for my pay in advance if i were you.

Pete Conrad
29th Jul 2005, 22:14
Galley Guru - as ex Kendell tech crew, I have to point out that Kendell was always a profitable operation until Ansett drove it into the ground with huge CRJ debts and the like.

Galley Guru
30th Jul 2005, 08:57
Thanks Pete, just stating the Aussie market was tough. Thanks for confirming that.

ozangel
30th Jul 2005, 12:50
Galley Guru,
Please do look at Compas/Impulse etc...
They offered nothing new, perhaps low fares which accomodated more 'bus and train people' into the skies (nothing wrong with that).

Virgin Blue stepped into fill only some of the gap left by ansett. Ansett had a reputation of doing business class very well. Whos filled those shoes? Certainly not QF domestically! Their 737s business class is laughable - their crew try hard with what they have - a meal that leaves you completely unsatisfied, unleaded petrol masked as wine, and about as much attention as any other passenger in economy. To have to press a call bell for a refill of petrol in business class is not good. (not the crews fault, theyre usually run off their feet down the back!).
The 767s arent much better - still the same s**t, just a different paddock. Guess you could say the A330s are marginally better, if you have a degree in how to operate the seat, or have more than the 90minute flight to work it out yourself.

Ozjet will offer something completely different. I guess compared to Business class at QF, it should be branded first class. No waiting at the gate sipping unleaded (premium if youre lucky), waiting for the other 250 people down the back to board. No fighting off Nev, Bev and their 42 kids for the masses of 'NZ Samsonites' at the carousel on arrival.

People go on about frequency - Hah, you have obviously never tried to change a flight on the day of departure with QF. If you turn up at the airport 2-3hours earlier trying to get an earlier flight, it has to be an awfully quiet day to get bumped - most of the time they will say no chance (always filled with upgrades).

They only need 29, above that and theyre in the money.

So, if you got to the airport at 6pm on a sunday night, and you have to go to melbourne. Your choices are:
JQ: Got one flight left, in a few hours and its to AVV
QF: Got a ton of flights left, all full, or fares at full fare.
DJ: Chockas - got a few full fares left here and there.
O7: Got 2-3 flights left, full fare economy but business class service with a meal you can call dinner...

Who you going to pick?!

Paulsyd1
31st Jul 2005, 01:53
G'day all,
wow what an interesting thread.. just read it from go - woe... and i must say that i do see a market (even if it is just a small one) but still a market to be had none the least..
My best wishes go out to all the crew about to embark on this exciting journey.. may it be all you ever hoped for..
To those who take glee in squashing the dreams of others may i just say that I'm so glad that i do not fly with u! You are the kind of person this industry does'nt need.
Remember impulse airlines didnt fail... they have just changed there skin (so to speak) and have become the third largest airline in the domestic market in the form of Jetstar... and if uncle Geoff has his way (from reading articles published in the financial review and age) I'm sure they will be not only a major domestic carrier but worldwide carrier is on the cards for their expansion into the future...
Just remember how this industry always seems to cycle in one form or another, one day it may be u on the other foot....
Best wishes to O7 crew. i'll wave to you out the window as u fly past...
Paul

Zigzag
31st Jul 2005, 03:41
Yup am in London, but workin for Qantas.Have only been here a while from Australia but have already bumped into many many people who were burnt by his 'non-paying-charter-airline' in the uk. A 737-200 would be the least effiecient aircraft in the current Australian domestic market, so sorry if that offends, but it is accurate. If you choose to work for him, I would ask for my pay in advance if i were you.

What do you expect, working in London, in the Aviation scene - of course you're going to bump into people involved in European at some stage. If a majority of them have had a bad experience, no doubt that would distort your view on it. Ozjet simply has to be assessed on face value - attempting to capture a small, niche market that may or may not be there. What happened with European (at this stage) has no ties whatsoever with Ozjet.

737 efficiency does not offend me one little bit - I agree. However, the increased fuel burn will be offset by the absence of leasing/acquistion costs - if fuel goes higher, the benefit will obviously lessen.

And no, I wont be working for "him", but I hope they do become a success. There may just be a market there waiting to be tapped into. Time will tell.

anth1980
31st Jul 2005, 11:34
:p

EAF122
31st Jul 2005, 23:32
NO TIES WHATSOEVER????

Whats about that men call PAUL STOODART, i believe its the same one who will not pay your salary at one point. be carefull guys the ties are there and very visible.

By the way those 737-200 are very old, full of technical problems, sick and elderly, be prepare for long delays.

Once again all the best :{ :{ :{ :{

CaptHairDryer
1st Aug 2005, 03:30
What I find hilarious is that they are re-introducting the BAe146 to OzJet? Good grief, are you serious? No amount of 'dolling' up with ever make these jets (*cough* read my name) suitable for 'all J class', they are a disgrace. Bad enough QANTASlink still use them with 8 J class seats, Just love to see company directors and ceo's trying to use the crapper on these pathetic excuse for a plane, they don't have toilets, they have thunderboxes, but they whip ar$e in the landing department over any other jet I have ever flown in. Anyway good luck to them, and on fuel efficiency, these bastards burn 2000kg fuel p/hour, up there with QF/DJ's 737NG. Good luck I say, I know those that are hired deep down are thinking "$hit I hope this works", just sad to see ex AN going back potentially for another spanking.

anth1980
1st Aug 2005, 04:40
I wish i could meet all those people who keep knocking the guys who have and recieved good news of employment with 07.

leave it alone! Were you at the interviews or assessment day?

Most likely no! i must say you keep bagging the Airline before it has even had a chance.....Not to mention your probably one of those 'MAM' crew who think their job is guarenteed, I mean come on you dont even have job stability!

I could not care about any of the risks involved with taking a position like this, all I want to do is fly. and let me tell you I have had my experiences with QF ( I am sorry to offend those guys who have not bagged us working for QF) and I would rather be working for 07...QF showed me no respect when they called me up to work for them and gave me no alternative but to basically quit my job and go with them within 3 days....What am I doing now? nothing! All because QF persuated me to take a position they knew would not lead me into anything perminent. Pretty strong words but you can see the frustration from those negative posts.

As far as 07 is concerned...well if it does fall at least I can say they showed me respect when i went through the application process.

As for the guys posting who live in the UK. Get over it and accept the fact that it could work here and us aussies are all about taking risks in life. What is money anyway?

I am a true professional when it comes to customer service. And it annoys me to think that a select few of you out there flying dont give a crap. Let us go beyond the 'Paul Stodard' scenario in the UK and move forward to some more interesting news, such the excitement of a new Airline in the Australian Sky.

Zigzag
1st Aug 2005, 08:49
NO TIES WHATSOEVER???? Whats about that men call PAUL STOODART, i believe its the same one who will not pay your salary at one point. be carefull guys the ties are there and very visible.By the way those 737-200 are very old, full of technical problems, sick and elderly, be prepare for long delays.Once again all the best

The two set-ups are completely different. Whatever happened at European has nothing to do with Ozjet.

I guess you look at the glass and call it half empty too.

He wont be paying my wages - don't worry about that. Sounds like you are a victim of what happened at European - sorry to hear that, if that is the case.

I dare say the 737's wouldn't be "very old", "sick", "elderly" and "full of technical problems", if you were happy and working for them, would they?

According to some figures floating around, they had well over 90% dispatch reliability/OTP or something (at European) - someone must be telling lies!

EAF122
1st Aug 2005, 19:36
ZIGZAG
You are right, european has nothing to do with the ozjet set up, but the owner is the same, and that is what it really worry me. Think a bit further, do some enquires and you will find out the truth.
TIME WILL TELL. :rolleyes:

Legal_Counsel
3rd Aug 2005, 23:30
Hi Anth1980,

Unfortunately, O7's owner appears to have a reputation which is now showing up in Oz. I think our colleagues are trying to tell you something.

The owner of O7 has no RPT airline operating experience and by what I can see has no business plan. Just look at the way they conduct their affairs here big noting themselves, playing tricks on their website to prevent your good colleagues applying for jobs, changing bases. A solidly founded airline with a good business plan doesn't need to do these things. Were you aware the company was applying for a grant? How is that? It shows financial weakness, in my view, so let that be a indicator. Clearly putting Minardi up for sale must again tell you that the show is on rocky ground. Being nice has nothing to do with it. The fact is O7 is unsustainable.

EAL's charter operations ran on a high despatch reliability because they were not under the pressure of a RPT schedule. EAL's actions when the sale with the Bath group fell through was to suddenly dismiss staff so you have been alerted.

Why do people knock this prospective carrier O7 (whatever that means)? Perhaps it's because its owner really has upset a few business people and mainly in Sydney Melbourne and Adelaide and continues to do so. I predict Ozjet will be out of business within 9 months because it simply has no sustainable advantage.

Who you gonna trust Anth1980? :ok:

anth1980
4th Aug 2005, 00:02
At this stage of my life i dont really care. I dont really trust any of the current Australian Airlines.

If O7 (Ozjet) can give me an opportunity to fly for a year, one month, one week...I dont care. I couldnt even care if The Wiggles were running the Airline. I just want to get up there and have the chance to be the best and do what i love.

When approaching Airlines;Do you know how competitive it is? Do you know how hard it is when you have no flying experience and dont look like Brad Pitt?

I am simply stating that we all should give 07 a go. And I am sure that 07 have a good Business and Marketing plan.. I just cant fathem a new company spending so much time, money and effort for nothing.

A wise man once said to me if you fall get back up.

(unless you have any job offers for me with another Airline then I am sorry but I wont be missing out on this one)

I do appreciate your feedback though and I would like to assure you that I am a big boy who is aware of the concequences.

:O

Chris21
4th Aug 2005, 04:24
Legal_Counsel - I think you are just bitter because you missed the application process by not being proactive enough to find out how to apply as could possibly be found on another website where wannabes chat :ok:

The financial incentive package they applied for is the same one that Virgin Blue received from the QLD government back in the day when people were saying the same thing about them - it will never work in this country - big deal.

Also everyone keeps talking about Paul Stoddart this and that - lets look at the management team that will be driving it. CEO - well respected ex CIO at REX, Senior Operations Manager and entire Operations team - ex DJ and QF, Cabin Crew Management ex QF and European, Maintenance - AN Engineering, National Sales Manager ex QF, National Customer Service Manger ex REX, AN, NZ, QF, SQ - yeah actually you are right no RPT experience anywhere there.

People will give it ago regardless if it's here for a week or 25 years. It's coming.

Legal_Counsel
4th Aug 2005, 12:06
I guess it is not so much of wanting a job with them. I suppose my mind ticks over about the couldron from which this beast is being moulded. It's a potpouri of uncoordinated talent, it would seem. And if you look at the way it is coming together how can you seriously expect it to run smoothly. Ansett Engineers? Well we all know about that lot and the 767s.

It goes against the flow for a product like this (which is only one small aspect of conducting airline operations) will have sufficient support from the public and even business because statistically the business market is simply not sufficiently consolidated to fill an airliner at a particular point in time for high yield.

And I guess if you are lucky to have got a job with them after you went to Jetstar, Virgin Blue and Qantas, may be you are lucky. :yuk:

OZcabincrew
4th Aug 2005, 16:19
"When approaching Airlines;Do you know how competitive it is? Do you know how hard it is when you have no flying experience and dont look like Brad Pitt?"

Yes competetive, yes hard to get in, but the days of having to look like supermodels to get the job is well and truly over, which is obviously a positive (unless this is part of the airlines marketing plan.....) and definately no flying experience is required (sometimes this seems to be seen as a negative)! Just look at some of the crew recently recruited by Adecco for QF! First job out of school, to the point where the way some of these people act onboard towards pax etc is embarassing!

Please don't think like the above statement as you won't get anywhere! Good luck with OZjet etc.

Oz
:O

ozangel
4th Aug 2005, 17:41
Oh puhleeeezzz!

Legal - your statement about the Ansett Engineers is RIDICULOUS. Say it with me - RIDICULOUS!
Please do some proper research about it before posting uninformed comments like that - it will give you a bit more credibility. (for the record, i have no personal interest in defending the engineers - no relatives etc - but at least I took the time to actually listen and understand the situation).

Now - give anth a break - if you cant see that he is very passionate about a flying career - you are blind. Any airline would be lucky to have him for the passion alone - one was lucky, but they screwed him over.

As for looking at Virgin, Jetstar, Qantas before looking at ozjet (and implying that O7 crew are bottom of the heap and 'lucky'), thats an insult to many very experienced, brilliant people.
How bout you take a look at just how many CURRENT Jetstar, Virgin, Rex, Australian and even Emirates crew applied and/or got the job with Ozjet. Everybody has a different ambition - and it would seem that the ones who are wanting/are going to ozjet from Virgin/Qantas/Jetstar/Australian/Regional Express are doing it because the idea of providing an inflight service to be proud of appeals to them. And to clarify AGAIN - im not saying CC dont work hard elsewhere - but a tradesman is only as good as his tools and service wise - no airline in australia quite cuts it at the moment.

Now, I am not saying it DEFINITELY will be a success. But can any of you current CC GUARANTEE you will have a job in 5 years? There is no security in this industry! Anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves.

A potpouri of unco-ordinated talent hey? You really think that? Simply - you are wrong. Very wrong. Uncoordinated NO. Talent, YES. These people arent just doing it for kicks people! And theyre not there because they excelled in TAFE knitting PEOPLE! They have proven abilities, and I would personally think (going by my current experiences with them) that they will do a better job than Dixon and his circus.

Now look, whether you think they will fail or not, give it a break. Stop being so god-damned negative, get out and smell the roses. How about we all just wait and see. Of course, if you are certain you know more about:
-Operating costs of a 737-200
-Potential market for the airline
-Every operational aspect of starting an airline

than the people that are actually doing it at the moment - and actually so far making a success of it - than go right ahead.

Until then, back off, and respect the fact that these guys have put an application for an AOC to CASA that is considered to be the most professional they have seen. Surely that professionalism isnt limited to their abilities to cut through red tape. Surely they deserve some respect for acomplishing that task - and a little faith they know what they are doing, rather than being referred to as a 'potpouri of uncoordinated talent'.

As for the base changing from ADL to MEL - do some research. MEL has always been their temporary base. This was well known, and only since the ADL govt has woken up and realised this is the case (a few months later!) they have started to whine. The second aircraft is here... let up and give it a chance - you might be surprised. (I hope you are!).

stillontheground
4th Aug 2005, 21:15
Has anyone read the title of this thread??? This thread is called "Ozjet Flight Attendant recruitment"

Perhaps we should rename it to "The Great Ozjet Debate - will it or won't it work" :*

The thread was started for information regarding the hiring of flight attendants for this new airline. It has become a battlefield of people dashing the hopes and aspirations of some very excited and enthusiastic Cabin Crew who have been appointed to be the face of the airline.

I have said it before. I think I need to say it again. If you don't have anything positive to say in this thread then stay out of it.

Good luck to the Cabin Crew that HAVE been hired for Ozjet, and to those who are due to start in the New Year. Lets show all these non believers what a great airline WE are going to make it. QF Business class - watch out. There's a new kid on the block!

cart_elevator
5th Aug 2005, 00:07
anth1980

If O7 (Ozjet) can give me an opportunity to fly for a year, one month, one week...I dont care. I couldnt even care

to play the devils advocate,I know how much I wanted to fly,gosh I moved to LHR to obtain a full time job with QF!but what if the company (ozjet) collapses in a short time,what do you think the reputation of the crew would be?a lot of companies equate the success of an airline with the service provided.whether its true or not. would you risk future employment by going with an airline that seems certain to fail,only to be rejected by other airlines because of the perceived 'service failure' of that carrier?just another way of looking at it,i would never go with such a start up, but then again I have a job with qf.so maybe I aint the best person to comment.in other industries, I have friends who have been 'tarred' by the people they decided to work for,and cannot find work in their industries because of the reputations they attracted through certain companies.

stillontheground
5th Aug 2005, 04:26
Owen and Cart Elevator

If you think that I haven't been dished out crap by the industry - then you don't know me at all.

I have friends who have been 'tarred' by the people they decided to work for, and cannot find work in their industries because of the reputation they attracted through certain companies

I used to be ex Ansett Cabin crew, only to have been involved in the disasterous crash in 2001. Since 2001, I have been to about 16 interviews for Qantas and all their subsidiaries (Jetstar, MAM casuals, International Long Haul and Short Haul) For each of these I made it right through to the end (meaning that I completed the security check for each, and the medical, and had numerous innoculations etc... ) and not to mention the huge amount of money I spent on the above. I never got the job. Just a polite email saying that I had been unsuccessful in each of my attempts! I have taken it to mean that QF doesn't want me at all. You could say, that I have been "tarred" already.

What does this tell you about the industry? I now have a chance to fly again. Ozjet or not, I am like alot of people who are excited and looking forward to this fresh new airline with a new concept. All I am saying is that we have all been through "crap" dished out by an industry that seems to do nothing but dish out crap, but it seems that we are all willing to give it a go. Sorry about our positivity, but you know what? For some of us, this might be an opportunity of a lifetime. :ok:

ozangel
5th Aug 2005, 06:59
Now your calling them prostitutes. Classy!

Owen - youd be surprised. The salary although not Qantas - is not the worst by far. Infact you would start on less at Jetstar.

In comparison to other operators of aircraft of a similar capacity - there is no comparison - they pay is brilliant. The base wage is $10,000 more than my last flying job (not that I am with ozjet atm) - and the conditions are also better. Even on $23,000 a year, doing 180-200 hours a month - I dont consider myself a prostitute- there is always someone worse off.

Service Failure Cart Tart. Take a look at the latest choice survey - the only airline I can see that is a Service Failure is indeed Qantas. Thats only one indicator (other than the droves of unsatisifed pax complaining on various forums). Yes other airlines get complaints - but none as justified as the QF complaints - all because QF wont throw some dosh into its product.

The main risk of this airline is attracting a decent share - which I think is minimal as 29 pax a flight at a full fare Y is not a big ask.

Get over it - be happy for those that got it, and stop trying to spoil their good time. In reality, YOU DONT KNOW ANY MORE THAN THEY DO - IF THAT. Stop hoping you might get the chance of saying 'I told you so' - and start hoping that this works and brings more jobs to the skies.

OZcabincrew
5th Aug 2005, 08:52
"Service Failure Cart Tart. Take a look at the latest choice survey - the only airline I can see that is a Service Failure is indeed Qantas. Thats only one indicator (other than the droves of unsatisifed pax complaining on various forums). Yes other airlines get complaints - but none as justified as the QF complaints - all because QF wont throw some dosh into its product."

OZangel, have you been rejected by QF before because all you seem to do is post negative comments re Qantas. Now along with the negative comments that all airlines get be it Qantas, Virgin, OZjet (even before it's started) etc, there are also a lot of positive comments, hence why QF was second best airline of the year after it's Oneworld affiliation Cathay. That means QF beat Singapore, BA, Virgin Atlantic etc etc. I also agree that the QF j/class product could be a bit better, but unfortunately due to management decisions there is a lot of cost cutting going on. This happens at every other business, not just QF or even airlines.

A friend of mine was paxing back from HKG a while ago and got talking to another j/class passenger (QFPL) about different airlines etc. He seemed quite happy with QF and he did agree that the crew can make or break the flight (again like any airline, yes you will have bad crew with OZjet), but he was more than happy with the service and the crew and he said until you fly another airline, you don't appreciate how good QF really is!

I really hope that OZjet works out for everyone involved and no one gets disadvantaged or hurt. There's nothing like a bit of healthy competition and hopefully it may make some QF crew pull their socks up, but really i think even though Virgin don't have j/class, Virgin should be looking out for OZjet rather than QF.

Good luck!
Oz

norge
5th Aug 2005, 10:47
PLEASE HAVE SOME RESPECT .

It is one thing to debate and another thing to insult those who have applied to O7!

NOBODY knows what will happen! Keep it fair and positive!!!

Once operational O7 can always addapt to the environment they are operating under. The cabin crew and other staff will do their best THAT's for sure!

O7 will expand!! Media + word of mouth + excellent service will bring people. Expansion of the flights will happen! SO give it a break!!

What happened in UK , stays in UK! We are in AUS!
YOU watch(to everyone!!)it will stay up in the Air!

The staff will make it happen! Please don't post nasty comments untill IT ALL HAPPENS!

And there's nothing wrong flying the older aircraft, it all has been renewed. Even if the expansion won't happen , O7 will have its regular crowd flying. people will notice geniune service, and the personal attention. Unlike larger australian airlines where the crew seem to forget what they are meant to do, besides their service and EPs!

Anyhow, let's wait another few months and see what will happen then. But for now it seems that everyone is talking rubbish, just simply because there is no information yet as to when it will go operational.

Everyone has tried their best and they deserve all the respect, for at least trying to start something DECENT! With a RIGHt attitude toward the pax and service.

GOOD LUCK to everyone at O7!

Norge.

ozangel
5th Aug 2005, 11:01
Ok, no I have not been rejected. Havent even tried for qantas. Because I dont want to. I have friends there, and family that used to work there. I personally have no interest. As an airline, I do think they are great- and I think the cabin crew are great to. I have told you this in reply to your PM. Domestic and Intl are two different products in reality - so your point about the HKG pax is irrelevant.

The second place was well earned, but mainly focused on the international airline.

The choice survey focused on the domestic sectors, in particular MEL-SYD which is where ozjet will enter the battlefield.

Now will you please understand, (mind you if u havent by now you probably never will) I am criticising the management decisions you speak of, NOT YOU!!! Geez!

Norge - Very Very Very well said... Cant agree with you more.

easternboy
9th Aug 2005, 05:05
Anyone care to give us an idea on the salary being offered?

stillontheground
9th Aug 2005, 07:35
:) Easternboy,

I believe it will be in the vicinity of 42,000 for flight attendants and a bit more than that for Cabin Managers. Hope this helps ;)

overhere
9th Aug 2005, 08:12
stillontheground - not even close!

FA = $32K base
CM = $38K base

$10 sector pay
$50 overnight allowance
$20 if you get to work and are stood down for any reason.

Hense why a number of current airline employees eased out of the interview process.

This is considerably less then DJ/JQ.

In-fact many regional FA's earn considerably more then this!

ozangel
9th Aug 2005, 08:30
Still was taking into account the estimated pay after allowances. Its supposed to be in the ball park - time will tell of course.

Overhere, its far from the worst pay as well. Dont forget the CMs get an extra 5g on top of that.

Its far from the worst, not quite the best of course, but theres still quite a few current/recent flyers waiting for contracts.

Its almost 10g more than you can expect at some other airlines when you start - and as a starting wage, its more than Jetstar last i remember from my JQ interviews.

Besides its not all about the money - most applied as the inflight service style appeals to them.

all the best.

Legal_Counsel
9th Aug 2005, 10:46
What are all these allowances Ozjet flight attendants are going to be paid? These glorified waitpersons positions could be eliminated to ensure business passengers are not disturbed by annoying and pesistent requests and trollies shuffling down the aisle. What's so glorious about working for Ozjet? If you were formerly with Ansett you must be desperate. Ansett wasn't that good in my view. The crews were always backstabbing each other and I sensed it. Perhaps I am getting carried away here.
I think a reasonable salary for a flight attendant is $13 per hour or 14.20 with super and that should be a flat rate. If so many people want to fly as flight attendants, the rate goes down in my book.

So how did you get to your interview if the Ozjet website never opened for applications? Quite content to go along with the idea of the airline to deceive perhaps? That's exactly what gets you into the bad books with your colleagues. You are prepared to stab them in the back for your own gain. Well, indeed, and you call yourself a professional. Two wrongs do not make a right in my book.

Any way, I had heard Ozjet had used up 75% of its money already before launch. Just make sure they make a provision for your redundancy because by the look of things they will not have the money. Incidentally, each break-even passenger will be paying nearly $90 + GST in fuel between Melbourne and Sydney. Do your own calculations and see if they can afford to hire you then register with Centrelink. :8

anth1980
9th Aug 2005, 11:28
Legal councel

just wanted you to know that I have set up a new post for everyone to use and ask for you not to be invited.

I am too frustrated and hurt by your negativety. i also only ask that ppl who have positive input and updated info as to whats happening with 07 to join.

Its getting closer now so we all should have some new news.

Ill call the post OZJET 'your in business'...the new post.

Hope to talk to you all there.

mickoa
9th Aug 2005, 12:03
Legal Counsel who and what are you exactly? Wannabe?

Chris21
9th Aug 2005, 12:27
Legal_counsel

What are you on?? maybe I need some. Firstly you are correct Cabin Crew are glorfied waitpersons and they are just put on an aircraft to annoy people and clang up an ailse annoying people - well done you answered your first interview question correctly. Cabin Crew on an aircraft have nothing to do with SAFETY and saving people's lives in an emergency situation, why does any airline need them.

Secondly the allowances they are being paid I agree are ridiculous - airline paying staff allowances for sitting in hotels no other airline on the face of the earth would consider this, what an innovation and how dare they? these are exact same ones that all glorified waitpersons are paid, helps them keep their tanning appointments.

Thirdly I am so glad that you have access to all their financial information and have closley read the balance sheet, phew finally someone who knows what they are talking about.

As for Ansett again your sixth sense is exactly right it was those backstabbing staff that would of given their first born child,left leg and worked for free if it mean't keeping the airline flying and company alive that in the end was the companies down fall - it had nothing to do with Government policy and their inability to act, it all came down to those staff. You are completely right, maybe you should of been the CEO then we could all still be standing in a galley chopping each others heads off.

I will make sure that Centrelink is expecting us in fact tomorrow when I am there where I work in Media I will send out a national alert to all customer serivce centres to be on the look out for broken Flight Attendants wearing a navy blue suits and OZJET wings and a ministerial to the Minister for Human Serivces advising that he is required to put together an assistance package to help all the poor OZJET staff buy some rice. Today Tonight would also surely be interested in running a OZJET ruined my life story and you could be the industry I told you so expert. I will get a producer to call you.

Maybe it was not fair of them not to advertise in the first instance but all you needed to do was call or send them a hello I am interested in working for you - common practice almost everywhere that employs people, in fact widely taught by Centrelink. Get over it and apply if that is what you want if not stick with giving out legal advice - pays a lot more than $14.20 an hour and you seem to know what you are talking about.

ozangel
9th Aug 2005, 13:40
legal - you appear so so so bitter its almost entertaining.
on the other hand - perhaps the problem is more permanent?

How do you feel about your parents? :E

Yes, glorified waitress/waiter. But I would rather be a waiter in a 5 star resturaunt, than a mcdonalds. Thats the difference my friend - being able to take pride in the service one provides.

Now, as for allowances, if my friend, you knew anything about this industry you would know well crew are paid allowances. Nothings for free- not my time, and I would assume not yours. Crew dont spend time in other cities JUST for the fun of it - yes its a lifestyle, but as fun as some overnights can be, the overnight allowance can be little comfort when you really really need to be in your own bed for some reason or another - so its there to soften the blow on those occasions, and also to compensate to a degree the inconvenience of being away from home, where you could be paying bills, and doing other housekeeping items.

The sector pay is to compensate for a lower (not low) but lower base wage than the average australian wage. This is to encourage people to come to work. If they want the money, they have to work. A very smart approach if you ask me, particularly in coaxing people off days off to work/help out.

Now your bitterness and jealousy truly shine in your questions about how we all got our interviews. You accuse in a mild way of us 'backstabbing' or going behind backs to get flying or hold positions. If you wanted the job, you would have got an interview. You can get anything you want in this world, if you want it enough. Now either you didnt want it or you were just not smart enough about it all. It pays to keep your ear to the ground too - not every rumour in the industry pops up on pprune - i found out about it from someone at a Virgin Blue interview.

Now, im not even going to go in to your remarks about the finance side of things. If true, 25% of the money they had is still a heck of a lot of money - and more than enough to get an airline going.

Now to point out some things ive noticed -

Legal - everyone else who posts negative stuff on here tends to do so with a bit of disbelief that the product will work. Fair enough - so far, from reading back over - each negative can be seen in a positive light, each positive in a negative. The ultimate truth will be in a years time - none of our crystal balls are good enough at the moment - not even yours - infact I think you should get your ball/balls checked, might be faulty.

You Legal, are the only one going out of your way to make it a personal, aggressive issue. How about you come up with the real goods as to why you feel so passionately about this not working, and so passionately against the people who wanted this enough to make the first move and apply, or simply shut up.

Also - beyond the rest of the information available to anyone else here, what do you have that makes you such an expert. I would think the people about to get contracts in the mail would be a little more wiser than you.

Finally - everyone sees this how they want to. No doubt some people starting will find it hard to see bad things about the company. Those who were unsuccessful, could be excused to a degree for the opposite - although interestingly (and i feel this says a lot) - they dont and have only encouraged! I, and I know a couple of other people posting here, are smart enough and have been in the industry long enough to understand you push away the narrow-sightedness and look at the big picture. We all hope it works, but we are smart enough to look at and understand the implications of the negative issues - and are smart enough to weigh up the good and bad and make our own decisions. We have the same information, if not a little more than you do.

Now - GET OVER IT! Please crawl back into the hole/cave/emergency ward you escaped from until you can weigh it all up and say something of value other than the negative nasty aggressive whining you seem to post all over the internet.

OH AND ANOTHER THING!. If you know so much about what theyre doing wrong, have the balls and start your own airline doing the complete opposite. Would you be offended if people sent in their CV keen to work for you before you even advertised?

GalleyHag
9th Aug 2005, 14:56
Well the glorified waitpersons you refer to saved over 300 lives a week ago on Air France in Canada but hey as long as they do not disturbed you by annoying and pesistent requests and trollies shuffling down the aisle.

ozangel
9th Aug 2005, 15:06
good point galleyhag. raises another side of the coin legal just dosent seem to see.

(just to clarify- agreeing to his glorified waitress remark was only in agreeance with one of the many aspects of the job and was moreso to make a point).