PDA

View Full Version : VLM (short for 'Vlaamse Luchttransportmaatschappij' - Flemish Airlines)

ASCIL
23rd Apr 2005, 14:59
Fly VLM (http://www.flyvlm.com/)

VLM are a Flemish airline that fly JER -> LCY 3 times a day. Unfortunatly they have had a few miss haps resently. The early morning VG641 (08:00 dep) diverted into Stansted with technical problems and did not want to risk landing at London City (quite understandable!!). Last night someone had clearly forgotten to plug in the GPU, as this morning the aircraft to operate VG641 had a flat battery and was delayed by 1hr 20 while they charged the thing up!!! :ugh:

None the less, i love the airline and think that they offer a great service and i hope that they continue to do so. :ok:

Whats you view on the airline...?

Fried_Chicken
23rd Apr 2005, 19:32
Are they (VLM) still looking at adding Jets to the fleet?

Fried Chicken

AlanM
23rd Apr 2005, 19:46
A few mishaps!?!? I was on when that one diverted to STN - and they were as professional and calm as always.

When you consider the number of flights in LCY alone every day, 2 small minor events is hardly a big issue is it??

They are superb as a customer of ours..... always willing to oblige and help us controllers out.

Long may they continue with good numbers of bums on seats!! (And thanks for the Jump seat to Manchester and back the other months chaps!!)

Dutchie
24th Apr 2005, 15:07
I fly them for years and have changed all my Lon flights to them from KL. They fly ten times a day between LCY and RTM and shortly 4 times a day LCY AMS: great outfit!:ok:

Pointer
24th Apr 2005, 20:53
As LCY is a special use airport it comes with restrictive procedures. It might have just been something the checklist banned them from landing at LCY. It has nothing to do with "risking to land at LCY". They are proffesionals following theyre SOP's .

And a flat battery...... :\ guess someone forgot the battery switch :confused:

Pointer :E