PDA

View Full Version : Working for BACX

wannabecrew
23rd Apr 2005, 14:18
Hi guys.

I'm seriously considering putting an application in to join BA Citiexpress at either the BHX, SOU or BRS bases. Just wondering if anyone could advise me on what they are like to work for with regards to pay, rosters, nightstops and the people. I've heard very mixed things about BACX, but I think I'm much better suited to working for a regional carrier.

Are they as desperate for crew as I'm hearing at the moment and what is there selection like? Thanks guys!

tiggerific_69
24th Apr 2005, 09:09
hi there
its a nice small company to work for.im based at bhx and atm we do frankfurt,dusseldorf,milan,edinburgh and glasgow nightstops.some bases are desperate for crew ie bhx and edi but other bases are downsizing.not too sure about BRS and SOU to be honest.put an application in anyway and see hwo it goes :)
basic pay is about £10700 plus £1.90 per hour flight pay.rosters vary each month so i cant really say a lot bout that other than there is a mix of 4 sector days,nightstops,2 sector days and standbys.hope this helps

mummyred
24th Apr 2005, 11:35
Do you do your initial training at BHX?

wannabecrew
24th Apr 2005, 12:39
Thanks for that tiggerific_69 you're a star! BHX would probably be my first choice anyway so I'll send in an application and see what they come back with!

Hopefully I'll see you in the galley in a few months!

tiggerific_69
25th Apr 2005, 09:14
hope so,good luck!!!yea i did my training at bhx,they try and keep it at your base if they can :)

Off Stand
25th Apr 2005, 10:24
Tiggerific, sorry to be cheeky, but what is your average take home up at BHX? My sister is at first choice up there and is thinking of a move.

I know a lot of the ground staff up there from when we worked for Servisair and I fly with some ex ground staff onWWLGW, if they are anything to go by, it'll be a fab base.

tiggerific_69
26th Apr 2005, 08:20
erm my take hom eis varying quite a bit atm as its going from nice 2 sector days,a couple of 1 night nightstops and some 4 sector days,to all 4 sector days,a very lucky 2 sector days,quite a lot of stbys and 3 day tours!!so somewhere between £900 and £1000 i spose really :)

Enigma76
26th Apr 2005, 17:17
Hi

Do you know the height restrictions and if there is any flexibilty on this?

marlowe
27th Apr 2005, 13:19
BACX have a height restriction of 5" 10 inches supposedly no exceptions but some basis seem to be more flexible than others

Enigma76
27th Apr 2005, 15:02
What about minimum height I am 5ft 1 1/2 barefoot (one of the unfortunate vertically challenged!!!!!)