PDA

View Full Version : Best headset for 737-300 flight deck?

Parcelpup
23rd Apr 2005, 12:46
I'd like to find out if anyone has any preferences for headsets on the 737 Classics. That is, which are the most comfortable, best quality, warranty and so on?

Does anyone have a favourite?

I've always preferred my own headsets rather than the ones which were company supplied but as I'm changing types I'd like to do the research first.

So whats favourite with the 737 crews?

FlapsOne
23rd Apr 2005, 12:52
Given the noise level, I would have preferred the old RAF Bone Dome to provide a little peace and quiet!!!

Left Wing
23rd Apr 2005, 15:04
I agree, spend some and get BOSE ANR the best stuff money can buy, if you really do want your own headsets.

stator vane
24th Apr 2005, 07:21
after 6000+ hours left seat of the 300/400's and now on the 800, i should have gotten a set of noise attenuator bobbies a lot earlier. sennheiser HMEC 25 KA. and even when battery is dead, much better than the generics in the flight deck. too much risk of gradual hearing loss and missed radio calls and misunderstood transmissions. the specific make or model really doesn't matter.

i got these after the collision between the DHL 757 and the whatever other aircraft over the german lake. the risk of a few precious seconds of missed/misunderstood calls struck me right between the eyes then!

should be required equipment and i am not one to wait for the airline to do it!!!!

Pointer
24th Apr 2005, 10:04
I have been using elacin ER15 earplugs ever since my turbo prop days and now in the leftseat of a 737 they seem to come out perfect as well, it filters out the noise so you can understand any conversation. even when doing the walkaround, standing under the apu. they go in when i enter or approach the a/c and out when walking back to the crewroom.

no hearing loss what so ever!

its worth investigating. and cheaper than those NA headsets.

Pointer :E