PDA

View Full Version : FI(R) training issues

Skydrol & Tonic
23rd Apr 2005, 10:40
For a number of reasons, I have become very dissatisfied with the school I have chosen for the FI(R) course, and would like to transfer to another school offering a similar course. So far, I have completed the ground school element, the pre-entry skills test, and a few hours of flying training.

Am I able to use the ground school and flying training already completed towards the total requirements at the new school, or do I need to start from scratch all over again?

I've started speaking to alternative schools with a view to moving over, but nobody seems able to answer this question. (Have emailed SRG as well, but wondered if anyone could throw light on the topic before the reply comes through, as I'm keen to move asap. )

Whopity
23rd Apr 2005, 11:52
You should be allowed to move to another school however; you say you have completed the ground school element; this is presumably the 35 hours teaching and learning package with which you could be credited. The FI(R) course has 128 hours of ground training which includes practice lectures briefings etc. As this integrates with the flying training you are unlikely to be credited with more than 35 hours. In any event a new FTO would require you to do the ground work that associates with their flying, you cannot simply do the balance of flying in isolation.

For any transfer of training you should contact PLD Standards Support.