PDA

View Full Version : BA sim check - day2 of selection

flyguy235
23rd Apr 2005, 10:25
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has any information on what entails on the second day of BA selection on their sim ride? Is any jet simulator experience necessary - is it hard, and what really are they looking for?
Also what does getting through to day 2 mean? What are the chances of going the whole way after getting throught that gruelling first day!? Thanks!

The Greaser
23rd Apr 2005, 11:12
I think if you do a search you will find a very very thorough thread covering exactly what is required.

(At last check it was on page 7 of this forum)

Good Luck

flyguy235
23rd Apr 2005, 15:33
thanks very much greaser..was trying to find it as i had heard through colleagues at Oxford that it existed but couldnt find it....but thanks anyway, will go check out page 7....
Anyone else with any added information would be much appreciated....

Dozza2k
23rd Apr 2005, 15:51

I think the sim ride for the SSP scheme is different from the DEP one, I think the one we do is essentially single pilot and is more orientated on flying ability than MCC skills. If that could be backed up by anyone i'd appreciate it, i'm in the same boat

D2K

flyguy235
23rd Apr 2005, 16:18
Yes i have heard that it is you and the assessor, but you can still delegate tasks to him and temporarily hand over control to them whilst u do other things - surely this still needs a bit of practice as well as common sense...also a fnptII simulator for a twin prop aircraft will handle a little differently to a jet me thinks....
Have you done any mcc or jet simulator time?

Dozza2k
24th Apr 2005, 15:03
No,

My sim ride won't be until after the MCC which starts in a couple of weeks.

D2k 234