PDA

View Full Version : India?

thehighflyer
23rd Apr 2005, 09:11
Just heard a rumour that Jet Airways (India) are going to base A340 Crews in Europe!

This must be for the 3 ex SAA A340's just being delivered!

Anybody have any info? Terms/Conditions? Base?

Bob Down
25th Apr 2005, 15:24
Spoke to someone at PAS in Zurich, as they are looking for TRI's and Line Trainers for the A340 (Flight International advert).

They are looking for to employ for a European base, so it may be this that you are thinking of. Try them.

BD

IRISHPILOT
26th Apr 2005, 08:05
USD11500 tax free + accommodation for captain, DBX + CCU base.

soory, but all I know. cheers, IP

Riker
27th Apr 2005, 04:05
USD 11,500 for the year? That sounds generous for an Indian carrier.... How long are the contracts for?

OneWorld22
27th Apr 2005, 16:42
Miles Hi, you obviously work for PARC, how is the agency business these days? From what I can see things have changed, airlines are moving more and more away from agencies.

thehighflyer
28th Apr 2005, 10:09
Thanks all, I did take Bob Down's advice and contacted PAS in Zurich.

They are offering 13,000 USD for a TRI or TRE, 12,000 US for an LTC and they are offering LHR or BRU bases!

Guess it must be the same outfit though?

Will keep you posted as to what happens.

The High Flyer

OneWorld22
30th Apr 2005, 14:24
Sorry Miles Hi, looking at your posts, I could have sworn you were a PARC man. I must be mistaken.

Bit one thing doesn't fit. A great bunch of people? Very rare to hear a pillot saying that to be honest. Look at some threads on PPRuNe, especially the likes of the PARC Jalex pilots one. Not too many PARC enthusiasts there!

And its not just PARC, all these agencies are the same in my experience to be honest. Pilots I come across very rarely have positive things to say about them. Their main concern will always be the airlines and they just pay lip service to pilots concerns.

To be honest I prefer to keep in touch with the COO's./Chief Pilots of the airlines themsleves to hear whats happening. I think eventually this industry will definitely go the way of other industy's, i.e. cutting out the middle man!

PARC-JALEX pilot
3rd May 2005, 12:32
Parc has done no good thing with there pilots in the JALEX.
No suport. Only lesser money and lesser contract evry time contract becoms for renewing.
JALEX also speeks very bad of the Parc.

Miles Hi
3rd May 2005, 13:34
Parc-Jalex Pilot,

Thanks for your input. As I said in my previous post, I don't wish to have this thread hi-jacked as a rant against agencies. This is someones valid request for info about India, which I initially added to with my first post on this thread.

I think maybe the place for your posts is your own thread on the subject?

Eimar Moron
3rd May 2005, 21:51
Miles Hi "From: Dublin Ireland"
PARC HQ.
"they did everything that was said on the tin for me. I got paid, I got home, job done."

The only positive I hear about PARC these days, is that they pay on time.
Apparently they give little, if any, support to pilots on contract to them, and in several cases have DEcreased the number of days off that allow pilots to get home.
It appears that PARC feel they have "fixed costs" that need to be paid from the monthly commissions taken from pilot salaries, and so to remain competitive (against other agencies) they reduce the pilots' conditions.

Miles Hi
3rd May 2005, 22:05
Thanks Eimar

I am not contunuing to get this into a slagging match over agencies, the title of this thread is India. I've expressed an opinion, and out of respect to the person who started this thread, can I suggest if you or anyone feels strongly enough about agencies to start another thread - this will get us out of the way of the original poster, and let him/her on with finding out the info he/she requires, which incidentally, was the only reason I responded in the first place, because I had info from the aforementioned agency.

Cheers

Miles

Bob Down
4th May 2005, 07:26
Miles Hi

Valiant effort to keep things on track as an 'India' topic, the agency thing needs it's own forum for people to 'comment' in if you ask me, then it would maybe keep the rest of the threads nearly on line!!

Back to India......

I hear 'rumour' that already the airline that is mentioned above may have changed the goal posts with regards to expat pilots and the agencies... and that is without anyone having started. This seems to be a recurrent theme for these places.

Does anyone have any further info on that 'rumour'?

BD