PDA

View Full Version : Disadvantaged,CAA/JAA licences

nojh
23rd Apr 2005, 08:24
How many pilots are out there who have suffered from the shambolic and rapid change over from Caa to Jaa,licences three years before the rest of the european countries.

I have suffered. A self improver,fom Pa28/140 to ,B767 B757, B737 series 300/400, with 10000 hrs. I used to be headhunted for contracts now nobody wants an experienced British pilot with a real British CPL perf A. etc gained at CSE Oxford (circa 1979.)

The finest licence in the world they said .They also used to say if you have a British licence,with a Boeing on it you will never be unemployed, Twas not true along came the meddling politicians

A cynic from the Caa said haughtly "oh only one or two suffered".I know of many more,and am attempting to find them.
Are you one of those ? Can we make a list, the ensuing compensation could mean a very healthy pension fund!

I recently found out that the early change over to Jaa from Caa nat licences was a political scheme motivated by T Blair or is that T B liar spells the same,in order that he would look good and be the first in Europe. (We are now unemployable so he can look good).NICE ONE TONY, NICE ONE SON.

Interestingly enough I talked to a senior Dutch Jaa official who stated that as the Caa were imposing such draconian measures
They should consider "Grandfather rights,and give you a coplimentary Atpl or compensate you for your subsequent loss
of qualification caused by the dilution of your original licence.

Interestingly enough I passed every subject in the Nat Atpl exams
but never in the way that the Caa required. depending on the particular whim they were having at the time and the position of the constantly moving goal posts. In Europe prior to Jaa you were allowed to sit two exams per year acumulate your passes and at the fruition of your various courses had completed your studies . In Britain we had penalty marking partial passes then no penalty marking then at the end if you had passed anything in a given period you were allowed to keep it.
What a mess and these Caa people describe themselves on their web site as being the best in the World,I have other titles for them!

They suffer from "the dog in the manager" syndrome . SO LETS WAG THE DOGS TAIL. write in and we will compile a list, and take it from there retribution will be sweet.

Yours hopefully .

NOJH.