PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the MO'L going to jail thread?

Irish Steve
22nd Apr 2005, 20:27
What happened to the MO'L thread.

It's been emasculated by someone, I for one haven't laughted as much at a thread for a long time, and now all the funny bits are missing.

OK, the subject is serious, very much so, but whoever posted the bit about the night in the cells was a f:mad:g sight closer to the truth than a lot of people will be comfortable admitting to!!!

I presume that either FR complained, or someone was got at, so PC strikes again. :(

I've seen far worse comments and satire on other threads, and on the box, is it really that sensitive?

BALIX
22nd Apr 2005, 20:41
Try the R and N forum...

Irish Steve
22nd Apr 2005, 21:11
Yes, it's still in R & N, but it's lost a whole clatter of messages that were riotously funny, if a little close to the knuckle, and the funny bits have all "magically" dissapeared:(

given some of the things that appear regularly in JB, I would have thought that if it wasn't deemed "PC" for R & N, a move to JB would have been better than to chop the funny bits.

Such is life

BALIX
22nd Apr 2005, 21:14
Oh, fair enough, thought you meant it had gone completely. I suppose that as the case is in the courts they have to tread rather carefully.

acbus1
23rd Apr 2005, 06:15
Was a similar problem with a thread when Reid of bmi management notoriety got the many comments he deserved when his sac......early retirement was announced.

I definitely imagined a whining phonecall from the (deserved) victim as a distinct possibility.

Who knows.

I agree with Irish Steve re the original OLeary thread. TwoDeadDogs and fastjet2k posted some of the funniest stuff I've seen for months......and it was original, ingenious humour....a very rare item on PPRuNe.

Irish Steve
23rd Apr 2005, 10:30
and it was original, ingenious humour....a very rare item on PPRuNe.

Absolutely!!!:D :D

If I'd thought it was going to get chopped, I would have downloaded it so that I had a local copy.

Shame:(