PDA

View Full Version : News from St Helena Six Weeks Late Again.

enicalyth
22nd Apr 2005, 16:16
St Helena... the latest, at last the saints are being told after everyone else of course.

http://www.news.co.sh/ProjMemo/PMcover.htm

Complete with typos (eg Boeing 727) and the full functionality of a chocolate teapot this priceless document tells you less than the CAA and RAF reports of 1982-84.

Read all about it at www.news.co.sh and www.shelco.sh from time to time too where you can thrill to the cut and dash of debate in council chamber and local rag. Weighty ripostes as typified by "... you can't say that, she's my sister".

Watch our Colonial Governor (replete with pith helmet and ostrich feathers) assisted by the FCO et al in their attempt to “arrange a popular and convivial evening drinking alcoholic beverages in the factory where they are made...” aka failure to organise a p.u. in a brewery.

Please to remember that the airport is wanted for access primarily so that we can come and go and not have to take six weeks off work just to get there and back. Which is bad enough if you are working in Antigua but worse if you are dying of appendicitis. Worser yet when someone says how lucky you are. Bless our primitive cotton socks.

Nevertheless as England's most offshore county we are loyal and welcoming and would love to share our curious, rugged island with you. We are the world's biggest exporter of drop bears, (even to Australia would you believe), and we have no snakes. (The deadly funnel web mice killed them all years ago).

Napoleon raved about the place.

Well he raved anyway. Unlike Napoleon I escaped to a bigger version. Thank you God. Maybe not born Australian but I’ll die one. And build the ruddy airfield myself by hand if need be.