PDA

View Full Version : The reason car sales people shouldn't use the internet.

Buster Hyman
22nd Apr 2005, 12:59
I thought I'd try the internet for making an enquiry about a car. Here's the response.

Bear in mind that I've given them all the trade in details with mileage etc, etc....

DEAR BUSTER

MY MANE IS POLLY FROM BRIGHTON TOYOTA (0400) *** ***

IN REGARDS TO YOUR INQUIRE ON THE 22/4/05. THE 1999 SILVER FORD FAIRLANE.

THE CAR COMES WITH A FREE LIFETIME CAR WASH.

WARM REGARDS

POLLY

Err....great. Thanks a lot!:rolleyes:

patdavies
22nd Apr 2005, 13:13
It take about 5 minutes in my local carwash once you reach the front of the queue:O

Standard Noise
22nd Apr 2005, 16:19
Sounds more like ' the reason car sales people shouldn't be women.'
But for God's sake, don't tell me this 'Polly' is blonde, that would be too much, my sides are splitting already.:D :D

Grainger
22nd Apr 2005, 16:22
Free lifetime carwash Yours, or the car's ? Prolly means the thing will fall to bits the first time you try to wash it !!

Gouabafla
22nd Apr 2005, 16:23
I sold a car on EBay - worked a treat. Was a good car and we sold it after wasting tons of time advertising it in the press.

Strange though, I don't think I'd buy a car from EBay myself.

Jerricho
22nd Apr 2005, 17:01
Prolly means the thing will fall to bits the first time you try to wash it

Well, it is a Ford, so there's no surprise there.

Grainger
22nd Apr 2005, 17:19
Only the dirt holding it together huh, Jer ?

bear11
22nd Apr 2005, 17:55
What the F--- does "Warm Regards" mean - is she suggesting more than a lifetime free car wash?

Jerricho
22nd Apr 2005, 18:45
Not even dirt has those sorts of magical qualities Grainger.

My Scoobie came with "free oil changes" for the duration of time I own the car (they giver tehe car a wash at the same time). Seems they're not too keen to change it every week for me though :E

tall and tasty
22nd Apr 2005, 19:08
about 5 minutes in my local carwash

but summer is coming to Blighty and that means grab a bucket and the hose and go out and do a great work out washing the car yourself..........

Nothing nicer on a hot summers afternoon than hand washing the car and making it shine trying not to get to wet in the process ....

TnT :ok:

Jerricho
22nd Apr 2005, 19:26
I've always been told you shouldn't really wash or wax a car in direct sunlight as the chemicals in the wash can cause spots and stuff.

I have also been told bikinis must be worn by the ladies when washing cars, especially those of the nubile blonde variety.

finfly1
22nd Apr 2005, 19:32
I located my present car via the interenet, did kbb.com price comparisons, carfax accident, consumer reports repair records and all before even flying out of state to look at it.

Off now for a re-screening of "Cool Hand Luke" thank you so much t and t.

BALIX
22nd Apr 2005, 22:00
Remember that Peugeot advert where the bloke is washing the car and his missus is watching him from the bedroom and absolutely GAGGING for it? So much so that she rushes downstairs with the intention of shagging his arse off on the kitchen table? She would have done as well had it not been for the couple's sprog calling out from upstairs.

I gave it a try. Mrs Balix duly looked out of the bedroom window, saw me giving the car a right good soaping and rushed downstairs.

To tell me to wash her car as well... :{

Buster Hyman
22nd Apr 2005, 23:08
:suspect: Right Jerricho, that's a Red card! You're out for 5!:suspect:

Here's an idea, the car is here (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=2288776&current_rec=8&total_rec=94&sort_type=1&make_id=6&model_id=39&state_id=7&region_id=108&search_distance=25) so have a look & send Polly an e-mail!:ok:

http://photos.carsales.com.au/2899770.jpg

CR2
22nd Apr 2005, 23:24
Buster

Did you buy the Hyundai (or however you spell it)

:} :} :}

And you can forget the Ashes too...

Buster Hyman
22nd Apr 2005, 23:28
Nope! Couldn't justify spending so much on a Korean car!:E ;) I was looking at something like the above & putting it on Gas...we'll see.
:ok:

Ashes? Did you torch the Pontiac & do an Insurance job???:ooh:

Howard Hughes
23rd Apr 2005, 00:16
Buster,

If you buy that car, you really need to change those wheels, they are TERRIBLE!!

Cheers, HH.

Buster Hyman
23rd Apr 2005, 05:44
Free car wash just hasn't done it for me Howard, so I wont be worrying about them. For the record, they are actually Tickford wheels.:ok:

Howard Hughes
23rd Apr 2005, 07:10
Tickford Shmickford!!;)

Cheers, HH.

Jerricho
23rd Apr 2005, 15:23
they are actually Tickford wheels.

Crap, dressed up with fancy wheels, is still crap.

(Ok, I'm leaving this time)

Buster Hyman
24th Apr 2005, 03:03
Finally! I thought he'd never leave!:rolleyes: