PDA

View Full Version : Aviance lose ZOOM?

gatwicknose
22nd Apr 2005, 11:41
Just heard that Aviance may have lost Zoom to Servisair....thats one hell of a commercial department! Last airline left please turn off the light on the way out!

LTNman
22nd Apr 2005, 15:35
At Luton Wizz dropped Servisair for Aviance due to abysmal handling due to a lack of staff

surely not
22nd Apr 2005, 16:05
No worries re the loss of Zoom. aviance have a plan at LGW which has seen them shed the seasonal peaks and allow for a more stable product. This makes rostering far simpler and a better standard of service for their remaining customers at a price which allows a return to profit.

I take it you do not work in a commercial department for a handling agent? Maybe you should give it a try. I can see you offering really cheap handling just to keep contracts and running a company into loss.

gatwicknose
22nd Apr 2005, 19:01
The slide started a long time ago...to let VS do was unforgivable and that started the slide....as confidence in the companies ability to react to irregular business, which in this industry is a regular occurance, NW and US will follow the rest. As Both groundstar and Servisair broaden their bases they will have the spread of staff due to pure numbers which means that they can react quickly to unexpected carrier demands...To me that makes perfect sense!

surely not
23rd Apr 2005, 13:18
The decision to let VS go was based on the fact that to have kept it would have resulted in the contract running at a loss. If other companies felt that they could make money at a lower rate than that offered by aviance then the decision was good for boh parties.

No handling company sits back and lets a contract go, but neither should they continually run contracts at a loss. It is always disappointing to lose a contract, but staff should be pleased that someone is keeping an eye on costs versus income.

gatwicknose
25th Apr 2005, 06:35
Its all well and good preaching the virtues of rationalisation but this policy doesnt allow for the economies of scale that are clearly required to operate at the rates needed to secure and maintain handling contracts. Time will tell if this was the right decision on Aviance's part lets hope so for the sake of their loyal staff!
If fear though that NW and US will follow, NW already use another handler for their cargo. This will leave a very short mayfly!

surely not
25th Apr 2005, 15:24
The reason for the rationalisation was to keep people like NWA and USAirways happy with a quality service. If they walk because someone else comes in with a low offer then all the talk about 'quality' being paramount to them will be shown to be guff, and the GHA's will cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

Competition is one thing, but running at a loss to maintain market share is long term stupidity!

Alan Tracey
26th Apr 2005, 05:54
Zoom leaving Aviance , will be a major blow, especially since they receive an excellent level of service.

I have heard that they are moving to Servisair/Globeground at MAN, but not sure of the other stations?

Globeground Canada handle most of their flights in Canada, so it would be a natural move.

SchoonerBoy
26th Apr 2005, 14:16
What about AVIANCE's performance at MAN. They're about to lose Virgin. bmibaby is going too. bmi regional possibly also ....... and what about Monarch!!!

Alan Tracey
26th Apr 2005, 23:56
Just had it confirmed that Zoom at MAN is moving, at Aviance's request. The Zoom program/timings does not fit into the new plan for MAN i.e to concentrate on scheduled carriers and only those charters that fit in around them.

I believe that MAN has also asked Flyjet and Air Atlanta to find new agents.

Zoom will still be handled by Aviance at other stations, where it fits well into their programmes and is guaranteed dedicated service.