PDA

View Full Version : new GB Airways routes

c.r.m what is it
22nd Apr 2005, 09:26
GB Airways has announced that it is to start flying to Sharm-el Shk and Hurghada 3 x weekly and 2 x weekly respectively.

Flights will start on Oct 22nd from LGW

Angus Meecoat
22nd Apr 2005, 09:45
Whats the approx flying time to both these places from LGW,

is a there and back with same crew legal.

Hotel Mode
22nd Apr 2005, 10:16
All charter companies do it, its tight but so long as you leave at the right time of day its legal.

c.r.m what is it
22nd Apr 2005, 10:19
I am probably very wrong, but I heard there were different rules for scheduled and charter airlines!
does anyone know if this is correct? I heard they considered doing it as a charter, because of this reason.
Is this in rage for a fully loaded A321?

GemStA
22nd Apr 2005, 11:06
Does GB have in flight entertinment on any a/c yet?? (i mean videos not the cabin crew)!!!
Such a long flight would be a bit harsh without it!

c.r.m what is it
22nd Apr 2005, 11:29
Yer I.F.E is fully fitting on the whole fleet!
Usual stuff same as charters, a feature film, followed by cartoons and comedy! Belive you have to pay for head sets though, so some people still moan!!

hapzim
22nd Apr 2005, 16:07
FTL's are the same for all UK airlines. Sharm and Hurghada are very tight on hours, unless GB intend to slip crews.

Loaded 321 depends, on your perception as to number of seats (legroom) and fully loaded. Could prove intresting in the heat of the summer.

Approx time 5:30 each way with 1hr report, 1hr turn around giving 13hrs FDP. (13:15 max)

Good luck to GB they will have to offer a good product to squeeze the IT market.

hapzim
25th Apr 2005, 17:04
just to link with "rumours everywhere"