PDA

View Full Version : Cessna Citation Sovereign

brad_c
22nd Apr 2005, 09:08
Arriving today at Lanseria! First visit to Africa.

Gunship
22nd Apr 2005, 09:24
Have a few hundred hours on Citations - maybe closer to a thou .. (yes you guys thought I was just a chopper jock hey) :E

They might be slow .. they might be a " nearjet " ... I love them :ok:

Any pic's will be much appreciated :ok:

davidjh
23rd Apr 2005, 12:34
Saw it land at Lanseria last night as we were taxying out. Veeery nice!! Hope to see a few in SA soon!

GULF69
25th Apr 2005, 08:22
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/TIAAN/IM002806.jpg

Gunship
25th Apr 2005, 13:13
Ahhh cheers she is a beauty ! :ok:

many thanks

Gunss

Flicape ? Are they possibly the new owners or just "an interested party" ?

brad_c
26th Apr 2005, 08:56
This is the Sovereign Demonstator and the aircraft was in Cape Town for this purpose. The aircraft will continue to do demonstration flights until Friday, when it returns to Europe! The first delivery will be around August!

Stassiebal
26th Apr 2005, 10:39
Gunss....

Pretty sure Flicape won't buy one. They own and operate a Falcon 2000 for Shoprite..... last I heard they were thinking about adding a B200/PC12 to their fleet, but they won't replace the F2000 with a Citation easily, the way I see it, if they had to swop the Falcon for something it would be a Global or G550.

Stassiebal

Gunship
26th Apr 2005, 10:50
Tx Stasiebal,

Yip - therefore my question as I hear it was going "quite well" with them and they needed expansion .. like in seat expansion.

Although the Sovereign is a great a/c it is not in that league that their needs are .. ;)

Paterbrat
26th Apr 2005, 15:50
Guess they removed the rudder mod then. Birdsplitter Mk 1.
Always remember taking off after a Cheyenne !V in a II from Riyadh and being beaten to Jeddah. How humiliating.
The Excell however was a very different plane as was the X.

Gunship
26th Apr 2005, 15:56
While on the subject of "when we .."

I once planted a C551 II SP on the numbers and turned off half way on the downhill runway of Wonderboom.... uhmmm WITHOUT brakes and speedbrake.

yes I had flaps and yes I had reverse trust .. amazing machine.

Loved them.

PS: Yes I have flown "real jets" as well .. 31 / 35 and 55

Gimme a near jet anytime :ok:

;)