PDA

View Full Version : Interview Air Contractors : ATR

Bassie
22nd Apr 2005, 08:45
Hi all,

next week I am invited for an interview with Air Contractors in dublin for an ATR position.

I was wondering if any of you have some additional information about the company, how they operate, schedules, pay, ...
Also what to expect of the interview and if there are several parts in the selection, ...

I already had a look at ppjn, but I post it here to get some new, nice to know information.
Some inside information from present employees would also be nice af course, how many people they are looking for, why contractors, why cargo operations, ....

Thanks,

Bassie

v1rotate
24th Apr 2005, 21:33
Bassie,

From what I heard, it is an interview with the Chief Pilot. No technical questions or anything like that.

I was BAC Express before we were bought over by Air Contractors so I never went through the interview process.

We do FedEx feeder work and Royal Mail Contracts. Lots of night flying which can be very tiring but if you're doing FedEx work, it's only 4 nights a week. You are then contactables for the next week then fly the week after. It alternates between flying and contactables.

Good company to work for, lot's of money behind them and they treat their employees well. I've had no problems with them.

Telstar
25th Apr 2005, 10:40
Were you already rated on the ATR Bassie? Did you have much time on type?

Bassie
25th Apr 2005, 12:32
That is affirmative,
I already hold a Type Rating ATR 42/72
with about 250 hrs on type.

Does any of you know if it is just an interview or will there
be a test (ATR of something else), because I heared a rumour that
a written test is part of the selection now.

thanks

bassie