PDA

View Full Version : why do you love being a F/A

moxie
22nd Apr 2005, 02:27
Hey all
just wondering what made you want to be a F/A and why you love it so much?

overhere
22nd Apr 2005, 07:16
What made me want to be?

I loved customer service & loved planes so it was meeting both loves in the middle!

What made me love it?

Well some days you love it and some days you hate it! Personally I loved the variety of work, not knowing what each day was going to bring. Loved being able to share peoples travel experiences, loved being able to make a difference to peoples day. Really loved working as part of a amazing team of people who meant so much to each other. Loved the over nights, the training. Loved being able to goto work on the worst day,climb up above the clouds, be in the sun and be inspired.

As a purser, loved being able to lead one of the best trained and knowledgable team of people you'll ever work with. Loved fixing peoples issues, loved hearing peoples compliments. Loved being able to lift crew and passengers via the PA, loved seeing a great service come together.

There was nothing better then having someone say to you "thanks, great flight" or shake your hand or bow... it made such a difference to the day.

Being able to share peoples first flights, start their honeymoon with them, take them to see family for the first time in decades and take people home to family and friends was always special.

Why did I leave?

At the end of the day, my own girlfriend, family and friends came first, I'd love to be able to do that job again, but there is only so long you can live overseas, work 160 hour months and get paid less then a ground job with a whole lot less responsability. Sadly too, management always play a part, there is only so long you can work for people who won't back you up and listen to you.

Cheers,