PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in the region (Merged ad nauseam)

Alpine Pilot
27th Sep 2004, 08:51
Well I just came back from a visit from latin america, and i´m really impressed about live there.

I´m starting to learn spanish now.

So my question is, is it possible to get a a job as an european somewhere in latin america??

either airlines with jets or old piston airplanes. what are the possibilitys?

for information I´m 25 years old and are captain on dornier 328. 4000 hours total time. over 3000 on turboprop.

thank you very much for your help!

Captain Stable
27th Sep 2004, 14:07
Do a search on this board. Chances are low - very low indeed.

We get asked time and time again about jobs in the region. Mostly you need to be a local national. There are small operators around who might, in times of shortage, take non-nationals, but the job security will not be good if they find they can later employ their own countrymen.

If you want to find a job with the aforesaid small operators, the best way is to turn up on their doorstep, licence, logbook and CV in your hand. Otherwise you will have trouble getting answers to letters, faxes and emails.

Flying Timer
2nd Oct 2004, 23:16
Commercial Pilot looking for a job in the Carabeean!
Multi-IFR Navajo PPC 1440 TT.
Any leads would be appreciated!

jajyay
3rd Oct 2004, 03:43
Alpine pilot, Dornier 328, very young and already captain
sounds like Air alps to me. right ?;)

Captain Stable
3rd Oct 2004, 11:04
I (like, I'm sure, many of the other regular posters here) am getting very tired of the "I want a job here/there/somewhere else - can anyone help?" type of thread from posters who can't be bothered to use the search function to look up the answers to their question.

In future, such questions will either be deleted or merged with this thread depending upon my mood.

Panama Jack
3rd Oct 2004, 15:03
Right, Captain Stable. These types of posts more often than not starting to get ignored by members like myself.

I don't mind answering certain original questions, but not ones where the answers were posted a couple of months ago and can be easily found by doing a quick "Search" of The Caribbean and Latin America forum. Words like "jobs," "Caribbean," or "Belize," should produce a good catch to start with.

If your are job searcher, note that there are not many jobs in the region, and the prospects for foreign low-time pilots are dim. To sum it up, as Captain Stable said:

Mostly you need to be a local national. There are small operators around who might, in times of shortage, take non-nationals, but the job security will not be good if they find they can later employ their own countrymen.

helldog
7th Oct 2004, 15:47
So then what are the chances like if you are an Aussie but your parents are both Uruguayan? Outside Uruguay I mean. Do you have a better shot then?

And do your chances of scoring with the ladies improve a lot if you speak good spanish? Ok maybe thats another thread altogether.

later

dog

Panama Jack
8th Oct 2004, 12:56
Because I live in Central America and have never been south of Quito, I am uncertain on how things play out being from Uruguay. If you are able to figure out that you are a citizen of Uruguay, obviously, this bodes well for you as far as getting a flying job in Uruguay. I am not certain what efect this would have for you in other South American countries beyond what Captain Stable and I have stated.

A good level of Spanish would be essential, not necesarily for scoring with the ladies, but for the professional part of your existence there.

Raffi
12th Oct 2004, 21:11
Hey guys,

I am a Canadian citizen, currently working as an aerial photo pilot. I have 400 hours, with 30 multi. The job I am currently doing is all PIC cross-country time, but it is seasonal, and my season is coming to an end (thanks to autumn :) )

Anyway, I am just wondering if I have enough experience to find work in the Carribean (anywhere at all) as a FO? If not, what kind of hours do companies look for (ex. Turks and Caicos, Maya Airways, etc). I would be interested in flying anything, from single engine up to ME turbine.

Thank you very much for any responses,

Raffi.

Panama Jack
14th Oct 2004, 08:57
Probably not. Do a search on this forum-- minimums tend to be higher, and competition intense.

WX Man
21st Oct 2004, 22:35
I am hoping to head out to the Caribbean and work out there. I have heard from various sources that the hiring season is December/January- is this so?

Is getting a job in the Caribbean like getting a job in Africa- turn up somewhere like Maun, get known, know people and keep fingers crossed... or is it more organised?

What companies might be interested in a Brit with FAA and JAA licences, 650hTT and 100h ME?

Big thanks for your time, in advance.:ok:

Captain Stable
22nd Oct 2004, 08:03
Same answer to the same question - do a search of this forum.

There's LOTS of information there. All you need do is go find it. I'm tired of the same questions getting asked time & time again from people who can't be bothered to go look, and want others to do the work for them.

WX Man, don't take it personally - you're not the first, and you almost certainly won't be the last.

WX Man
25th Oct 2004, 11:18
I did search, I'm fully aware that jobs questions get asked a lot!!! It's just I didn't find anything specific about the hiring season.

SkySurfin
27th Oct 2004, 07:54
WX Man check your PMs. I have sent you some info on jobs in the Caribbean

AirSDF
24th Nov 2004, 17:57
Does someone can tell me if there are still some B707 operated down there???
I am flying the 707 in Kinshasa, but I really want to move on the other side of the ocean!

Do you know also if some Caravelle still fly in your region??
Or maybe the last one flying in the world is in Congo!

Many thanks!

med777
29th Nov 2004, 15:49
Hello,

I am a young pilote and I am looking for some pilot working for air caraibes, I planned to fly with them on the Saturday from Paris to Fort de France.

Is anyone can help me, please send me a MP. I would like to meet them and discuss with them during the flight if they agree.

This meeting will hep me in my project to become pilote.

Best regards,
Mehdi

ShenziRubani
30th Nov 2004, 18:28
Hey Medhi, you can meet plenty of pilots, on the ground, in Paris and esle where in France.
You would look too suspicious trying to talk to airline pilot during a flight. Especially trying to do it via this site. If you have special question for the Air Caraibe pilots, just ask them here on the site, or via pm. :cool:

mig21bis
3rd Dec 2004, 16:58
Western air LTD in bahamas
Metros 3

http://www.westernairbahamas.com/

FL120
8th Dec 2004, 19:05
Well in the Netherlands there is some upcomming action . Try the Dept of Civil Aviation. Try [email protected] for further information.:ok:

sandy helmet
13th Dec 2004, 12:06
Flying in the caribbean is like a fishpot - those that are in want out and those that are out want in.

jonas_tind
21st Dec 2004, 05:44
I been on the bahamas waiting for a company to start up for 6 months now. I am starting to look elsewhere for a job. After reading alot of forums I won't ask stupid questions like where and who will hire me, I know those answers myself.....anywhere and nowhere.....
What I would like to know is what countries in the carribean/latin-A./south A. is it easy or possible to get a work-permit. I would be very thankfull for information like; in the bahamas it is relativly easy, but you have to pay a fee ranging from 3-7 thousand US dollars and it would most likely be subtractet from your pay-check(and som companies don't care if you have a work-permit).

All info about this would be very helpfull.

Thanks

Pachi
4th Jan 2005, 18:50
Hi guys, our Company based in the Caribbean, today
( Jan-4-2005 ) posted Captain openings for C-208B. Good luck.

armac
10th Jan 2005, 15:45
As a female Canadain/EU resident, and Canadain Multi IFR'd pilot with an Islander PPC, is going and knocking on companies door in Carribean or Central America a good idea? I am thinking of doing in the next year and i am just wondering what time of year is the best time to go? , and what countries/operators would you reccomend?
Thanks for the tips!

Captain Stable
10th Jan 2005, 17:10
In the first place, I'd recommend doing a little research. So you could always start by finding out what has already been asked and answered in this forum before instead of being lazy.

kerosene dreams
11th Jan 2005, 19:57
Anyone know of companies in the Caribbean that hire lowtimers? I have a rotary and fixedwing canadian CPL and willing to travel anywhere. Do not want to pay for a PPC but training bond is A-OK ;)

Always wanted to work down there. I don't like -40 celsius :)

Squawk7777
12th Jan 2005, 04:24
Sounds like Captain Stable will have to repeat himself ;)

Do a search on this forum; generally speaking, the grass is always greener on the other side. The chances are limited, even when you overcome the work authorization/language barries.

Good luck!

kerosene dreams
12th Jan 2005, 19:15
yes silly me spoke without searching. I read Captain Stable's post very closely. Any Canadian's here working in T & C?

jonas_tind
16th Jan 2005, 03:22
To Armac and Kerosen dreams.

I went down to the caribbean to knock on doors and try to get a job. The plan was to start north and go south all the way down to trinidad and tobago.
Well, I started in Nassau, Bahamas ( because that was the cheapest ticket from London....) and I did not get any further.
The first company I contacted said that if I paid my own type-rating they GUARANTEED me a paid position as a F/O.
I got my type-rating(be-1900,$15000), and returned, I had kept in touch with the chief-pilot the month I was doing the training telling him when I would be back, so they would not forget me.
When I got back they told me they did not need pilots anymore and showed me the door.......but maybe they would need me in one month, so I waited one month, then one more, then one more, then one more......I came to the Bahamas in june 2004 and I left just before christmas.
Since I spent all my money on the type-rating my caribbean adventure did not go any further.
I was in thouch with other companies, only one thing to say, alot of promises, not alot of action....
Alltogether I spent somewhere around $30000 on the whole thing without getting paid one dollar back.

And for you Armac, my girlfriend was travelling with me, and as a woman in the Bahamas she won't recommend it. They will always try to hit on you saying things that can not be mentioned here, BUT IT'S NOT NICE. And very few will respect you as a woman.

As for the rest of the caribbean I don't know, this list contains info on most airlines/charter companies down there; http://www.caribbeanaviation.com/airlines.htm

If you check out my other posting on this thread you will find some info about work-permit to.
And one more thing, living-expenses on the bahamas is something like ca. $1000 for rent, $500 for food(per person) and beer $3-6 per bottle in a bar.

Good luck.....

armac
16th Jan 2005, 07:43
Thank you jonas_tind, your information helps me out alot.

antiicing
8th Feb 2005, 20:08
does anybody knows or heard
something about recruiting in CopaAirlines
in Panama
since they're gonna receive 30 EMB190
thanks
chao

ZQA297/30
28th Feb 2005, 22:26
Those asking about jobs in Caribbean.
Here is a link to some of the larger outfits.
However,be advised that there are a lot of furloughs still waiting to get back in.

http://www.caribbeanalpa.com/directory/index.shtml
(look under hiring requirements)

The smaller operators do hire non-nationals from time to time when in a bind, and that is where your best bets are.
In terms of licences, preferences vary but generally JAR has least conversion hassle, then Canadian, then FAA.

Lighthouse
22nd Apr 2005, 00:22
Hello, I'm just wondering if it is possible for a born Canadian, with no family ties to Trinidad, to work as a pilot there. I have a good friend playing around with the idea starting a very small charter down there. Just wondering if I could fly for him.

thanks alot

cochise
24th Apr 2005, 10:49
If you don't have a TT license then you'll not be able to fly a TT registered aircraft. Unless that is you have a foreign ATP upon which they will validate a TT CPL.

I suggest you search for any info you may need on previous posts here.
http://www.caribbeanalpa.com/cgi-bin/anyboard.cgi/discussion/

Hope that helps

lovis9
20th May 2005, 08:00
Hello!!

I know it might seems I am asking a place in the sun... but....

I'll be in Belize next week ,I am FAA-JAA pilot, 600tt 200 on the caravan,
do You know if there are some possibilityes to get a job or youe to build up time around those places?

Thanks a lot,

all advices will be well accapted....

Lovi.

Panama Jack
20th May 2005, 10:20
Foreign pilots are unwelcome in Guatemala as well as most Central American countries and Mexico-- the laws make it so. The exception is Belize, where carriers like Tropic Air and Maya-Island Air frecuently hire foreign pilots when the local talent is not available (both of these carriers use Cessna Caravans). There are also a few smaller charter operators at the downtown airstrip in Belize City (not the International airport you will probably fly into). I don't know what competitive qualifications are or what time of the year your chances are at their best, however, consider doing a "search" on this forum using the word "Belize" . . . . much has been written in the past including by pilots who have worked there or who currently work there.

Good luck.

crack up
20th May 2005, 16:24
Lovis9:
600TT with 200 CE208?

lovis9
21st May 2005, 14:39
Yes, 600 tt, 200 on ce 208a,55 multy, ATPL frozen jaa, Cpl ir me FAA.JAA, MCC on be200 ,bush flight training in Brasil,FI theory,

I'll be in Belize 30 th May, and I desperatly need a job or to build up flight time ................

Any suggestions will be really appreciated "Crack up"!!!!

Panama Jack
8th Jun 2005, 17:37
Not sure either if it goes against forum policy, but it sure makes my little heart glow. . . . pilot wants job-- willing to pay for lead . . . will also pay for training . . . willing to work for nothing.

:yuk:

Here in this part of the world, we would really like to see the piss-poor pilot salaries go up. I don't think I like people like you.

Dimiair
8th Jun 2005, 19:16
Maybe it's time to face the reality Panama Jack...To built future you have to invest in yourself or maybe reconsider your target. Maybe you should invest some time in finding out what the fundamental reasons are why the salaries are so low in this industry. Especially in the time building part of it.

Let's face this. When I decided to follow my dream at the age of 30, I had a salary I'm not going to make in 10 years. I've sold everything to start building on a new carreer. Now I'm on the beginning of something I always have wanted to become and I knew from the very beginning it would be hard to succeed. I also knew that 'just getting my license' was just the beginning of the negative cashflow.There are people who want to invest in a type rating and spend 30-40k of euro's. I don't blame them because this is how it's going to be for the future. Within 5 years our MCC made place for a type rating. Don't forget that the aviation industry is one of the youngest industries in the world. The industry is still unfolding and has a lot of 'child diseases'. Ask your local greengrocer if he's able to cope the competition with the big supermarkets in his neighbourhood. Is it fair? NO! Is it reality? YES!

Maybe one day I will touch the buttons of a real FMS. Maybe I'll greet the 420 passengers after a flight under my command, but it has never been my primary objective when I started pilot school. I've met a lot of collegae students who did and I hope they don't end up frustrated like you. Because that's what you are Panama Jack. Frustrated because you are still flying a plane which didn't appear in your dreams the night before your first flight in flight school.

Maybe I convinced you of spending some time to find out something about world economics. I know. It's not in the jaa atpl syllabus, but it's called basic general knowlegde. 'Google' it. Maybe you can find something about 'respect' as well. After all if you don't like me just because of my post you really have a shortness in your social skills. If you ask me not really an advantage to spend 11 hrs with somebody like you in your dreamliner...

Ciao for now

Captain Stable
8th Jun 2005, 21:25
In general, Dimiair, airlines will value you according to what you cost them, and how you value yourself.

IMO, the main reason pilot salaries are so low now compared to, say, 10-20 years ago is that pilots have been busily undercutting each other in the effort to find a job.

Let's face it - we're pilots because we love it. But airlines are now exploiting that, and us, to their own benefit. The tide is turning, however, and I strongly suggest that you go with it. Paying for training, for type ratings etc. is, I think, on the way out. Airlines are beginning to realise that they need to recruit the best people, not those most able to pay for training.

You need to take a reality check. Firstly, there are a lot of pilots out there younger than you and more experienced than you. That is what people are going to look at first. At your age, you are unlikely to find your way into a command of a piece of sexy, heavy machinery. You need to be prepared for meeting a lot of disappointments along the way. I think you need to lower your sights considerably.

If you want to fly in the Carib/LatAm region, you will find no shortage of people willing to steal the shirt off your back and then sell it back to you. They don't need any encouragement from you to do so.

I strongly suggest, without wishing to sound (or be) insulting, that you don't make a prostitute of yourself. Go for it, but don't ever sell yourself (or your colleagues) cheaply.

Panama Jack
9th Jun 2005, 04:33
As you said, maybe it's time to face the reality Dimiair, but flying is a career path . . . a job . . . and people expect an honest day's pay for an honest day's work.

World economics-- ah, yes, the race to the bottom! Come over to Nicaragua and try to live with a family on $600 a month-- that's standard FO pay-- bring about $1200 if you fancy yourself a Captain and tell me how you like it and if you feel that you can undercut that salary-- living only to put food on the table is not a sustainable model, but after you're fed up (excuse the pun) and highball back to Europe, there will be another guy willing to replace you.

Those of us who have struggled to succeed in our career goals find it repugnant that extremely short-sighted individuals are all to eager to errode it away because they just want to fly (a-la wow, and you mean I even get paid for this)??? Reading the newspapers, believe this is a reason why Western Europeans are so concerned about the enlargement of the Euro-Zone and immigration.

Captain Stable, you are actually wrong to call this type of activity "prostitution." Prostitutes try to get the most money the possibly can for their services and sometimes show more unity in maintaining a minimum price with their peers-- overall, relatively honorable in a profession that is generally frowned upon by the public. On the hand, girls who "give it away" are referred to as "tramps."

So, Dimiair, you don't want to share a cockpit with me??? Sounds fine by me, you haven't hurt my feelings one bit.

Dimiair
9th Jun 2005, 12:16
Well PJ. I'm contented to experience that I do agree with most of what you wrote. Maybe you're not as shallow like my first impression about you.

Nicaragua, as you know, is one of the hemisphere's poorest countries, faces low per capita income, massive unemployment, and huge external debt. Distribution of income is one of the most unequal on the globe and with 600 dlr a month your income is far above the average income of 133 dlr. Any idea what a lawyer or a doctor makes in Nicaragua? A friend of mine works as a pilot in PNG. He doesn't make any money at all! His church in Holland support his whole family. He's been doing this for 6 years now. I would like to do same, but the organisation he works for requires a solid connection with a christian church (apparently you can't help people in need without the message from god..)

Another friend of my works for a dutch flag carrier flying MD11. Straight from ab initio to the right seat. He has spend twice the money for his flight school then I've spend so far though. It usualy takes 7 years after graduation when you start to make big bucks.

Maybe we have to see ourselfs as a (mass)product. To sell your product you have to invest more then just the cost for manufacturing. Marketing, promotion and last but not least: a good network. The one who finds the best balans between all of this, will sell most of his products (or in our case 'gain the most hours')

Regarding the prostitue / tramp issue: I found a nice explanation of the word 'tramp' (google ;) )

"A tramp is a vessel that does not operate along a definite route on a fixed schedule, but calls at any port where cargo is available"

Give me wings for the vessel and I think I've found myself a job!

I think PJ that we could have lots of nice discussions and maybe one day we do share the same flight deck:ok:

Panama Jack
10th Jun 2005, 06:32
Dimiair,

Sadly, you are right about the state of affairs in countries like Nicaragua. Of course, I count myself amongst the more fortunate, given that I have many friends who make do on only a few hundred dollars a month-- I sometimes don't know how they do it-- Nicaragua may be less expensive than Europe or some aspects of North America, but it isn't "cheap" either. In many countries of the region where there is a "low cost of living," there is practically no "living." One good friend has a Bachelor Degree, is a relatively high ranking officer (Inspector) of the National Police here, and earns less than $300 per month. He considers himself fortunate that he didn't get a job at the local maquilladora, where people lined up and competition was fierce for the $95 per month jobs, and studies on weekends to get his law degree.

I also have a number of friends who are missionaries. With all due respect, these people are "different" from most of us. They see that they have instructions from a higher being, and are willing to go through a fair amount of self-sacrifice to bring the Word to those who will be receptive. Some of them may fly airplanes, and they may like flying, but flying is secondary to what they do (missionary first, pilot second). One friend, who I flew with years ago, is now in Afghanistan, with his pregnant wife and two young children, "bringing the Bible" to them. :oh: I don't even think I would be willing to accept a paying job to go there.

I hope you'll visit us occasionally on this Forum, as there are a number of interesting regional topics discussed from time to time (when people actually come and post-- this is often the quiet backwater of PPRuNe :hmm: ). One of the emerging problems is that flight training is rising (cost of a Cessna 152 these days in Nicaragua is $130/dual, $110/solo) while wages and opportunities remain low. Seeing as we discuss economics, the laws of economics should mean that wages should go up-- well, at least something's got to give. In the case of Nicaragua, most of the pilots are in their 40's or older. This points towards an upcoming shortage-- and hopefully more realistic wages to attract people into the profession (there is hardly a Nicaraguan military anymore). As one pilot friend said years ago "We don't want jobs, we want careers." Check out this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171253&highlight=Nicaragua)

So I'm glad we've had this discussion Dimiair, and I hope that you might be able to get your dream job, not because of anything you said earlier which I surely misunderstood, but because of your qualifications (however low they may be, you've worked hard for them, invested heavily in that, and should be appropriately rewarded-- you are a professional) and desire to succeed, your track record in the Caribbean as a police officer and your enthusiasm for the region and for aviation in general. Oh, and as you said-- Networking . . . networking . . . networking . . .

Who knows, small industry, maybe we will share the flight deck together one day.

aeronautic1
4th Jul 2005, 22:45
PJ, you almost got it right. It's not prostitute, (oldest profession), slut or skank (close). Actually, the correct indentification for this species is CRACK WHORE.

See, it goes like this: Volunerable young inexperienced person pays thru the nose and becomes high on the drug (flying). Likes it so much that he/she becomes addicted. Runs out of money and turns to selling his/her body for 15 small just to get a fix (the job). The pusher realizes this and pretty soon they are doing it for free. Just bend over and grab your ankles (the industry pay issue).

Like the young lad who went to Nassau and was easily talked into going to Gulfstream for 15 large (company commission?) and get a type (? more like SIC letter) in an aircraft that he cannot even qualify as PIC in. All because he was intoxicated during the interview (not a job offer in writing).

To be competitive in the island market, you need to have 1200-2000 hours TT 500 MEL (most have more). Plus, you need to have someone who will walk your CV in the door of the CP. I do not know you. You get no consideration from me. Remember boys and girls. It's not what you know (and 600 TT ain't nothing) it's who you know.

Here's a concept. Take your flying ability to your local military recruiter. Best free education you can get plus they pay you to fly!!

Sal-e
6th Nov 2005, 23:53
I am 33 and have over 5000 on B737s. I would work in Jamaica or anywhere in the Caribbeans because of lifestyle more than anything else, money including. Anyone with ideas?

Captain Stable
30th Nov 2005, 08:38
Just so you all know, I have given up merging other threads with this one. Any future threads started anew asking for information about jobs in the region will simply be deleted, as I can't be bothered to to all the work of merging.

In case of complaint, I refer you to a model that used to sit on the desk of a senior pilot of a company for whom I used to work. The plaque stated "In case of complaint, please take a number". Above it was a tag with a number printed on it, which was attached to the pin of a hand grenade.

gekko
5th Dec 2005, 12:58
hey all!!

I am very interested in flying in Suriname.
Is there anyone who has experience with flying in Suriname?

All help, tips, advise or info...would be very much appreciated!

Many Thanks:ok:

rmcdonal
31st Dec 2005, 00:03
Seems like it's harder to get a job in the Caribbean then it is to get one in OZ. Where do all these pilots come from with 600hrs TT, 400 turbine?? Why would anyone give a turbine to somone with only that many hrs??

reptile
15th Mar 2006, 18:25
5000 TT. 3500 Dash 8-300 (capt). Flying in Africa. ICAO. Looking for a change of scenery. Any advice on opportunities in the Caribbean?

el caballero rojo
6th May 2006, 08:33
Hi,

I think even if people continue to post threads to ask about jobs in Latin Amerika it has become clear by now that for Europeans the chances are near to zero.
Guy´s like Panama Jack state it how it is.
I often fly out of Europe to Mexico,Cuba, Jamaica,.... My wife is Mexican and most of my family is but the chances to get a job there are really low even to say impossible.
With Mexico for instance,...I looked for all the options,...there are none officially... and on top of that,....
I sympathise with the Mexican Pilots,... they have been overrun by foreign pilots in the past giving them almost no chance at all...
When I see how Mexican nationals are treated in the US, for sure I say they are right to give them a same piece of the pie..
I spoke a lot to Mexican pilots,...the terms and conditions are really uncomparable to what we have in Europe.
They too share the dreams to fly in Europe and benefit our social system with good organised health care and good salaries.
I came to terms with it that If I want to continue with the type of flying I am doing now, I will have to stay were I am now... Sad but true :{

All the best for the Aerocalifornia pilots who are out of a job now....

Muchos saludos.

dooley227
23rd Feb 2007, 03:44
Gday im an australian trying to reach into the caribbean. Im a licensed DHC-8 avionics engineer and ive been told i need contacts in the region to have any hope. Is this true? and does anyone know any companies hiring in the region?
Cheers

leondelfierro
17th May 2007, 03:22
That's it dudes.. last saturday in the main chilean Newspaper showed a classified asking for it.. there you go with some info...

Los interesados enviar CV con fotocopia de Licencia Comercial por ambos lados y certificado DGAC que acredite horas de vuelo a:
Pilotos 10241, Casilla 13-D, Santiago
O al correo:
[email protected] ([email protected])

Habilitado en Material 737

in English:

Applicants send CV with copy of CPL both sides and Flight hours certificate to (the address showhed up there in bold and/or the email)
737 Type Rated

A few facts: Lan owns a reducing 737-200 Advanced fleet, but seems to have some problems with the A320 fleet and its bringing bakc to service some 737's, probably some Flight crews will be moving from Sky Airline and Aerolineas del Sur to fill this needing since those two carriers have only 732A, so i you dont find anything in Lan, go to those two carries after.

fastfly
11th Jun 2007, 09:37
Sorry guys, don't mean to keep repeating the same old question...but here goes anyway. Can anyone give me a little insight as to the current pilot employment situation in Argentina? Corporate and Airlines, Yes I am a citizen, but have being living abroad for a LONG time.
Thanks, any info will be appreciated:ok:

camprax
11th Jun 2007, 13:53
No DASH 8 jobs in the caribbean far too many type rated guys here who got laid off from the impending merger.Preference once hiring resumes will be for local pilots.
Regards

GMS
15th Jul 2007, 11:31
Fasfly, I sent you a PM.

GMS

allatp
26th Aug 2007, 23:14
Hello there fellas!!!!!!!!!!
If you are still interested in flying in Latin America, just go to COPA. They are still cancelling flights due to lack of pilots. As far as I'm concerned, they are in need of people desperately!!
Just as a reminder, the fly B737s and EMB190s.

Good hunting!!!

AA

Panama Jack
27th Aug 2007, 13:08
. . . go to COPA. They are still cancelling flights due to lack of pilots. As far as I'm concerned, they are in need of people desperately!!

A textbook example of an airline reaping it's harvest from the seeds sown in the past.

pablo2973
30th Aug 2007, 16:12
These Kind Of Posts Are One Of The Most Important For People With No Job And Wanting To Get One But Before We Decide Whre To Go And As You Said Which "door To Knock" Thgis Is One Of The Best Ways I Know To Gather And Share Information ,it Would Be A Shame And Very Very Unfare That Our Future Might Depend On Your "mood" , You Should Have Never Daid That In Public More Over If You Are The "moderator".
Thanks

AVApilot
22nd Feb 2008, 13:49
Alpine pilot, you could do a search in Colombia, SATENA (9N), flies 6 Do328s and also flies ERJ145s and 170s, I flew for them for 3 years, as for the airline I guess I would have to consider it more like a mix betweeen an Air Taxi operation and an Airline, they fly to very remote locations in Colombia the pay is average in colombia terms but maybe low to you considering you are coming from europe, anyway if you need more info let me know.

AV

fit29
26th Feb 2008, 12:36
Copa Airlines is hiring street captains, 5000 TT 1000 TPIC airline experience and they will hire expats for captain positions from what I understand. have you looked into them? (you may just be a little short on time, maybe another year in europe?)

bunkwild
31st Mar 2008, 16:50
I am a commercial pilot flying in northern Canada....low time, 500hrs, multi ifr, float rating,...pretty standard stuff. I have decided to move to Belize this fall and understand that the 2 main places there are Tropic Air and Maya. Yes, I have used the search function on this website, just curious if anyone has any new advice or info and the region. I am 24 years old, and not aiming for the major airlines. Have always wanted to live somewhere hot or abroad for a few years. Finally implementing my plan. I know the industry is booming now and figure now's the time to make the move. Hoping my low time and experience doesn't hinder me too much. I have read previous threads, and it sounds like a few years ago it was a tough go to get a gig down there. I do have standards and won't take any garbage job that is available. I have heard all about the safety factor down there too. I have emailed a few places, but no reply...big surprise, I know. Best approach to go down in the fall and show up in person? Once I leave Canada, I'm really hoping not to come back for a while. hmmmmm.
Thanks to those who choose to reply.

cavok_italy
18th Apr 2008, 22:08
I'm in your situation. FAA CPL, ME, IR and 800 hours. Trying to move away from the "Old" Continent to the warm, charming, wonderful central/south America. Let's keep in touch with some news.

pininfarina
21st Jun 2008, 00:54
Anyone know any hiring info with Caribbean Airlines (old BWIA) or Insel-Air (out of Curacao)??

MayanAviator
22nd Jun 2008, 03:39
I have a friend that used to fly for wing's of hope in belize , they move people from there to mexico. they have a few single engine airplanes.
good lock.:ok:

dnk
29th Jun 2008, 07:17
Can anyone send some info on what a 1200hr TT with 200 van time pilot could get out there?

Which operators have vans?

Any info greatly appreciated!

Alfredo tp
15th Jul 2008, 09:40
If you are not a local, forget it. I have some friends there, they are local, it's even tough for them, and most of them have both the FAA and local license.:}

Siguarda al fine
6th Oct 2008, 01:10
4 * R Hiring In Sju

Willie Everlearn
8th Nov 2008, 21:08
Having just looked at the COPA site, it doesn't lead one to believe they're actually looking for pilots.
Anyone know, one way or the other, what they are/aren't doing right now as far as pilot hiring is concerned???
This might be a good spot to pre-retire by all accounts.

Willie :ok:

Panama Jack
9th Nov 2008, 07:17
Latin American airline websites seem to be a poor indicator of airlines' needs for recruitment. It seems like they don't understand or consider irrelevant the need to advertise for talent on what is becoming the dominant medium in today's e-world.

In any case, they seem to have lots of Spanish kids (from the Iberian peninsula) willing to pay for their first job, and have filled the Captain talent gap by contracting Captains through a US agency.

cpm72
16th Nov 2008, 12:43
If any company have a real interest or need pilots and can not get locals or well calified locals, they must and will help to get the work permit.

I don't believe "they don't care" about work permit, unless they are not doing everything totally legal.

But look for well and you will find it.

mentorbz
30th Nov 2008, 14:05
I believe that to fly a caravan in belize you need about 2000TT. Check with Tropic Air

leondelfierro
4th Mar 2009, 03:22
Any chance for a low timer somewhere in central or south america?... aviation here in chile is quite dead for a 250TT guy... so looking forward to move... Anywhere.

Thanks!

belliott
5th Mar 2009, 11:19
Aviation is dead everywhere in the world for a 250TT pilot with few exceptions.... flight instruct... make some money... and you will be in a good position when aviation erects itself.

lpokijuhyt
27th Mar 2009, 20:22
uh...you said, "erect"..

TurnAroundWingsLevel
12th May 2009, 22:28
I just heard of an opening for an E-110 Captain position. If interested and rated, send me a PM and I will give you the employer's contact.

sebi69
15th May 2009, 11:30
Hi there !
I'm a french national, living in Guadeloupe.
I'm currently doing some bush flying in africa operating C 206 & 210.
I have a SAA and Zambian (faa) Multi if etc..cpl and 520 hrs.
What are the chances of getting a job, possibly on islanders any where in the caribbean?
I'm prepared to personally go to the operators, but i'm wondering if i have enough hours.
I'll appreciate all the info you can give.
Cheers.

Bri85
27th May 2009, 04:32
So is there a List of all Operators big or small for Central/ South America & Caribbean. I wouldnt mind calling each, to see if they are willing to pick up a pilot. :)
Im fluent in Spanish/ English, 24years old, Bachelors Degree, Comm Multi, Inst, hold a U.S. passport- and Ive got some CRJ time, just having a hard time finding a gig. :ugh:

Ive been to Mexico, Belize, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, and Colombia plenty of times, and traveled all over the Caribbean. So I know the culture (i am the culture :cool:) so any help or point towards the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Gracias,
Bri85

AeroDiaz
27th May 2009, 05:35
Guatemala and Costa Rica are the countries that I would recommend you to go and look for a job IN PERSON. A phone call won´t get you a job down there.:=

In Guatemala, go directly to the cafeteria of the Circulo Aereo Guatemalteco, wich is the place where most executive pilots hang out. East side of La Aurora Intl. airport.

In Costa Rica you should go and talk to the guys at Pavas Airport, wich is the field used for light local traffic in San Jose, Costa Rica.

Ahi tienes mis dos centavos amigo, suerte!.

:O

indiana_jones
14th Jul 2009, 23:52
Salut, moi je reviens des USA, ou je pilotais des CRJ 200/700/900, mais plus de boulot depuis decembre. J'ai plus de 3000 heures, 1100 heures de jet, mais je n'ai rien touvé depuis 6 mois... en fait, j'ai meme pensé aller faire du Cessna en Afrique du Sud ! Est-ce que ta boite recrute en ce moment ? Ca peut m'interesser ! A+ Indy

ant1
15th Jul 2009, 12:48
T'as essayé Cimber (http://www.cimber.com/job/)?

Heading090
16th Jul 2009, 01:20
I am sorry what did you just write?????:sad:

stone_crusher
24th Sep 2009, 00:13
hey..............
i am doin flying in manila. an indian national.
wanted some info about flying in carribean.want to move there this year end....
i am 1000 hrs 800 hrs multi ...
any advice pls.
BR
stone

criveramia
18th Jan 2010, 19:53
dear friends , i am a nicaraguan living in the us, i need to know how to apply for a job with taca or copa and if i have any chance with enyone of them , i live in miami but i dont know if they allow you to commute , pay and everything related to a new job , do i have to go to nicaragua to apply or el salvador ? , low time pilot with all my ratings are faa, i am flying as a flight engineer for a cargo company boeing 747-200. any inputs will be greatly appreciated,thank you.

TOFFAIR
25th Jan 2010, 15:21
have a look at Copas webpage, if you get a glance on the rosters you should realize that commuting is not sensible... What allways helps in LatAm is to know s o inside the company! :ok: good luck though! If you do it, I think you may miss the 747...

c.jibia
20th Feb 2010, 16:44
Hola compañeros del otro lado del charco:

I am a spanish pilot with one question.
I have the JAR ATPL license, and I would like to know if my license is valid to fly in South America? For example Brazil or Argentina.
If not, Which is the procedure for applying there?

If anybody has some information from another south american country, I would be very grateful as well.

Muchas gracias de antemano y saludos desde España.

aphelio
2nd Mar 2010, 13:08
hola c.jibia!
from this sideshore...
all southamerican countries, as far as i know they have got their own licences, if you want to work in there you need to convert your JAA licence (which is kind of a paperwork nightmare, and at the end, impossible..)

on top of that you´ll be required to be national in some countries (brazil, Venezuela...etc).

there are so many pilots working there already in this forum, i guess they´ll have this info from experience..

Charlie Alfa
11th May 2010, 02:04
To fly in Brazil you need a brazilian passport, the brazilian license (ANAC, who can be convert but it´s not sow easy) and speak portuguese.

TOFFAIR
18th May 2010, 20:15
In Brazil you must be a national to fly comercial, expt in some cases you can get a wayver for 6 month beeing TRI if no national is available...
Your best try would be to look at the Caribean, Suriname, Curacao, Aruba, some fly JAR there... I heard Suriname and Antilles were hiring...
good luck though!

rahulpereira
2nd Jun 2010, 13:36
Hey ,
I am new to this forum, I am an Indian national having an FAA PPL + IR, 200 hrs, and will be going to the USA to get my ME CPL,
I am planning to go to the Cayman Islands, Can anyone tell me if there are jobs available in and around the island for a low timer like me ?
Which are the best islands in the caribbean to look out for and if there are jobs what type of aircrafts would I start with ?
Greatly appreciate any help.
Regards,
Rahul

Flightbrief
7th Aug 2010, 16:08
As a Part 135 On-Demand Air Charter Company operating in the Caribbean, we receive large numbers of e-mails (daily) from pilots with freshly-minted Commercial ME certificates seeking positions. We print in every instance or listing that "Pilots must exceed FAA Part 135 Minumums" and that since we operate single-pilot night IFR, candidates must have at least 2500 TT and +350 Night PIC, +250 IFR Actual. These are hard numbers for us, and we do not make exceptions in favor of Safety. All pilots must hold at least an FAA Commercial Multi-Engine Instrument and FAA 1st Class Medical (ICAO / CAA Requirement).

Flightbrief
7th Aug 2010, 16:16
The "season" being the tourist season, generally starts here in late October to mid-November. The carriers generally hire September in order to have the pilots trained, IOE completed and work permits in order before the season kicks off. We require a two-year contract, and have strict minimum experience requirements which exceed the FAA Part 135 minimums.

Ask around, send out your CV and be patient. The positions are in high demand. We average 350 CV per quarter and retain perhaps two, since most are not close to qualified. We will usually send 6-10 candidates to the CP for review, and he will select 3-5 for phone interview and 2-3 for training in order to fill a single position.

airjet
2nd Nov 2010, 03:18
lol the above can be classified as zero help heh heh heh:=

ipanema
1st Jan 2011, 16:41
Former airline pilot, Caribbean national (including CARICOM), looking for starter management position almost anywhere in the Caribbean region.

Any position and location offered will be considered. All emails will receive a response.

Qualifications:

Some formal management training and practical experience
ATPL from three countries, SCPL from one (none current)
Over 12,000 hours flying time, including turbine
Life-long learner and self-starter
Loyal team player with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Strong leadership capabilities and training skills when necessary
Intelligent, good inter-personal skills
Hard worker who knows and respects own limits
Technically and computer literate
Experience in creating and maintaining documents and charts
Excellent command of the English language
Wide range of interests.
No Degree, but probably have alternative equivalency

Willing to relocate or commute

Expectation of remuneration:

US$2,000/mo plus accommodations and vehicle for first six months, negotiable thereafter.

Email [email protected] for Resume/Profile and more info.

Wrenchturner
6th Jan 2011, 15:05
looking for contract work have canadian AME M1 and M2, FAA A&P, and am getting my brasilian and EASA licenses shortly.
preferably would like contract work on fixed wing or helicopters, currently working touring as a helicopter mechanic.
i have RNE, CPF, permanent resident visa, looking for something preferably in RJ or ES.
anyone know of anything or can suggest some sites or links that might help me?

NorthernGoose
9th Jan 2011, 08:28
Hello,

Im looking for information on Air T&C from anyone working in or around that area. Wondering about how the company is doing and if its worth an employment investment?

Thanks very much

PM appreciated

Perrovolante
24th Feb 2011, 15:19
1.) You need to be the right person with the right experience, in the right place at the right time. Always.

2.) In Argentina, to work, you need a work permit or a permanent residence, the first is possible to obtain if you have an employer willing to take you instead of local talent, the second is more level US green card class of difficulty to obtain. I guess this goes for most South American countries. As was said in other replies, preference goes to locals in a big way. Contacts are invaluable, most, if not all jobs are had via these contacts.

3.) You need to be able to speak Spanish reasonably well. If not, forget it, period.

4.) Exceptions exist, but count your VERY lucky numbers to run into such possibilities.

5.) Remember the sky´s the limit.

inmigrante
3rd Mar 2011, 17:09
Apply to Lan Perú ,and Lan chile , NOW¡¡
There is a lot of Spanish flying here
Suerte ¡

dynamite dean
7th Mar 2011, 14:02
Learjet 45 Captain looking for contract work...are there any down that way:\

brisdude
13th Sep 2011, 15:51
12000 TT willing to work for 24k a year?

This does not add up.

James380
9th Oct 2011, 17:47
Avianca is currently hiring direct A-320 check airmen/instructors (per contract) who can be no Colombian nationals. For FO you should be Colombian or have a work permit which the company is not willing to sponsor a this time.
Note: the pay scale below is not for the direct entry captains.
Pilots salary as of 2009, it is tax-free for airline pilots per colombian law.

(Valores en pesos colombianos)
Cargo Básico Prima de Vuelo Salario Global
Piloto A330 / 787 $ 1.002.094 $ 10.137.778 $ 11.139.872
Piloto 767/757 $ 932.180 $ 9.430.491 $ 10.362.67
Piloto Familia A320 $ 838.050 $ 8.184.936 $ 9.022.986
Piloto MD-83 $ 794.360 $ 7.758.234 $ 8.552.594
Piloto Fokker 100 $ 732.857 $ 7.504.491 $ 8.237.348
Piloto Fokker 50 $ 671.358 $ 7.250.710 $ 7.922.068
Copiloto A330 / 787 $ 462.406 $ 5.309.953 $ 5.772.359
Copiloto 767/757 $ 430.145 $ 4.939.491 $ 5.369.636
Copiloto Familia A320 $ 378.548 $ 4.435.479 $ 4.814.027
Copiloto MD-83 $ 355.444 $ 4.164.770 $ 4.520.214
Copiloto Fokker 100 $ 336.723 $ 4.001.765 $ 4.338.488
Copiloto Fokker 50 $ 318.003 $ 3.838.761 $ 4.156.764

First Officers hired after 2007 2 years locked salary, after 2 years goes as previously noted:
Para los Copilotos con dos años de antigüedad o menos que ingresen a la Compañía a partir del
abril 1° de 2009, la remuneración mensual será:
(Valores en Pesos Colombianos)
Cargo Básico Prima de Vuelo Salario Global
Copiloto Familia A320 $ 298.070 $ 3.492.503 $ 3.790.573
Copiloto MD-83 $ 279.871 $ 3.279.277 $ 3.559.148
Copiloto Fokker 100 $ 265.131 $ 3.150.930 $ 3.416.061
Copiloto Fokker 50 $ 250.390 $ 3.022.583 $ 3.272.973

International perdiem:
Viáticos Internacionales
La Empresa pagará a sus tripulantes las siguientes
cantidades de acuerdo con la programación
de su permanencia así:
Por programación o permanencia mayor de
doce (12) horas y hasta veinticuatro (24) horas
que incluya un período de descanso:
Vuelos fuera del continente americano USD73.oo
Vuelos dentro del continente americano USD71.oo
Por programación o permanencia menor de
doce (12) horas que incluya un período de descanso:
Vuelos fuera del continente americano USD47.oo
Vuelos dentro del continente americano USD46.oo

Domestic perdiem:
Viáticos Nacionales
A partir del 1º de abril de 2009 la Empresa reconocerá
a sus tripulantes, de acuerdo con la
programación de su permanencia, las siguientes
sumas:
• Por programación o permanencia mayor
de doce (12) horas y hasta veinticuatro (24)
horas que incluye un período de descanso,
la suma de $40.578.oo.
• Por programación o permanencia menor
de doce (12) horas que incluya un período
de descanso, la suma de $20.304.oo.

International and domestic navigation bonus:
CLÁUSULA NOVENTA Y CINCO (95 )
PRIMA DE NAVEGACIÓN
A partir del 1° de abril de 2009 la Empresa
reconocerá las siguientes primas de navegación:
- Para Operación Internacional:
Por programación o permanencia mayor de 12
horas y hasta 24 horas, que incluya un período
de descanso para Comandantes y Copilotos:
Vuelos fuera del Continente Americano: USD28.oo
Vuelos dentro del Continente Americano: USD22.oo
Por programación o permanencia de 12 horas
y que incluya un período de descanso, para
Comandantes y Copilotos:
Vuelos fuera del Continente Americano: USD13.oo
Vuelos dentro del Continente Americano: USD13.oo
- Para Operación Nacional:
Por programación o permanencia de 12 horas y
hasta 24 horas, que incluya un período de descanso,
para Comandantes y Copilotos: $28.116
Por programación o permanencia menor de
12 horas que incluya un período de descanso,
para Comandantes y Copilotos: $15.302.
Prima de Navegación por Vuelos
Internacionales sin pernoctada:

Por vuelos internacionales que impliquen ida y
regreso en el mismo día, sin pernoctada, se reconocerá
la suma de USD22.oo por cada vuelo.

International command and multi-crew bonus:
CLÁUSULA OCHENTA Y NUEVE (89 )
PRIMA DE COMANDO INTERNACIONAL
La Empresa pagará a partir del 1° de abril de 2009 una Prima de Comando al Piloto que actúe en
condición de Comandante asignado a los equipos A330, B787, B767, B757, A320, MD-83, F100,
F50, siempre que actué como responsable total de un vuelo comercial internacional realizado en
la siguiente forma:
a. Primer Comandante de tripulación múltiple internacional: USD 38.00
b. Segundo Comandante de tripulación múltiple internacional: USD 26.00
c. Comandante de tripulación sencilla internacional: USD 26.00
Cuando se presente la Figura de Relief Pilot, es decir, un comandante y dos copilotos al mando del
vuelo, la Empresa pagará una prima de comando así:
a. Comandante de tripulación Múltiple: USD 43.00
b. Copiloto más antiguo de tripulación Múltiple: USD 24.00

All this figures were as of 2009, you have to add the IPC (Colombian cost of living increment) of 2% for 2009 and 3.17 for 2011, also the salary is tax free per colombian airline pilots tax law.
In addition to that you have full medical insurance, company tickets, zed fare tickets, transportation from and your house, 30 days vacations from year 1 and until retirement, 1 extra salary per year per Colombian law, and some other perks that are not mentioned here.
Also Copa Colombia will be make public the annoucement to start hiring direct entry captain for the emb-190.
Good luck

White Knight
11th Dec 2011, 21:03
expectation of remuneration:

Us$2,000/mo plus accommodations and vehicle for first six months, negotiable thereafter.

hahhhahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhah ahhhahahahahhhha

no way amigos..............................

adcast
21st Dec 2011, 18:46
Hi guys!

I have Spanish JAA license (CPL+ME+IR) 360TT
I'm living in Mexico right now!
As all we know, pilot with low experience hardly ever are hired in big Airlines. I aim to get a job in a small, medium company.
I'm disposed to move, and knock in the door of those employer to have my chance! I've read many topic about, but i'm still doubt where is the best place to move...
Mexico noway due "blood law", i heard good things about Costa Rica and Guatemala, also Belice but meybe Chile
If someone could share their experience and give me some advice would be welcome.

Cheers!:p

EdForce6
24th Dec 2011, 14:03
Hi there,

Where in Spain did you train ??

Ed.

adcast
26th Dec 2011, 03:04
Hi Ed

In south Spain! AGP

Regards

PD: Merry Xmas to everybody!

ipanema
26th Mar 2012, 01:53
Chief Pilot required for Embraer 170/190 start-up later this year

The Chief Pilot applicant is required to have
- a valid full JAR/FAA/ICAO ATPL/ALTP
- valid TRE/IRE ratings on Embraer 170/190 types
- 7,000+ TT, 500+ on Embraer 170/190 types
- both training and checking experience
- simulator training experience would be an asset
- start-up airline experience would be an asset

All Pilot applicants are required to provide, with application:

- Full resume, with detailed breakdown of previous employment, managerial and flight experience
- Photocopies of current licences and current medical certificates held
- Three industry references, with contacts (who WILL be contacted)

* All potential employees MAY be required to undergo psychological and/or personality evaluations before employment commences.

* Caribbean Basin citizens will be given preference

All applicants MUST sign a contract of employment and fly the line as necessary.

Interested applicants should send the documents listed above to the following email address: [email protected]

Please note: Responses will NOT be Posted to this Forum. Send your applications to the email address provided.

Capt4lex
29th Mar 2012, 22:17
Hey guys. Im interested in doing the Tropic Air Time Building Program that they have. You can look at it in https://www.facebook.com/pages/Build-Turbine-Time-In-Belize/253064494734552
Does anybody here have done this program before?
Is it worth it?
Thank you

leonardoperezsalles
11th May 2012, 04:49
Aeropersonnel A320 Senior First Officer (APG) Job, Central America | iFlyJobs | Ref No. 10176 (http://www.iflyjobs.com/job/jobdetails/10176/Aeropersonnel_A320_Senior_First_Officer_%28APG%29/)

haofil
30th May 2012, 10:28
Hi,
does anybody know if AIR T&C is hiring first officers on embraer 120 and the requirements?

Thaks

juanmolina
13th Jul 2012, 16:32
Hello I am interested in finding a place where I can advertise jobs and recruit LATAM pilots. Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

leondelfierro
13th Jul 2012, 23:56
advertise jobs and recruit LATAM pilots.

You mean Recruiting ads to join LATAM?
In that case you won't find them, LAN and TAM will still operate separately for years, if they ever join fleets and crews...

But if you mean advertise Jobs for LAN and TAM Pilots to join somewhere else, try the Union of the respective country...

Polorutz
14th Sep 2012, 22:41
Leondelfierro, LATAM= Latin America

el caballero rojo
22nd Jan 2013, 20:44
Anybody hiring an A320/A330 current JAA SFO with almost 10000hours total in Latin America?
Aeropersonnel didn't even reply half a year ago when I applied for LAN.
I speak Spanish and my other half is a native.
There is a request for mutual assistance by IFALPA in Mexico not to apply for pilot jobs.
They have over 1100 highly experienced pilots looking for work ( ex Mexicana). So I won't even bother there.
Any other companies that might?

NightWolf
4th Jul 2013, 01:20
Question TreeSurgeon why has the minimums gone up? Well last year you posted a similar one with lower.

Pilot opportunities
FlyMontserrat is looking for single crew pilots for its expanding Islander operation. Based Montserrat. Start early January 2012.

Minimum hours being TT500 including 100 hours P1 on MEP aircraft.

[email protected] (%69%6e%66%6f%40%66%6c%79%6d%6f%6e%74%73%65%72%72%61%74%2e%6 3%6f%6d)

Might want to double check your information seems conflicting which one is it?

Ramjet555
4th Aug 2013, 18:17
I've been out of aviation for quite a while raising kids and now looking for opportunities. I reside in Canada and have Canadian, US FAA and Australian licenses.
I used to be fluent in Spanish at a working level. Now its back to simple conversational but if I spend a week in Cuba it starts coming back. Also have conversational some Russian but that's not of much use in Central America.

Last job was captain on a King Air 200 and now I'm renewing an instructor rating just to get back into flying. I've got lots of multi, turbine, and IFR time but at present getting rid of the cob webs and regaining currency in all areas.

My US FAA CFI needs to be revalidated etc.

Any ideas drop me a pm..

The Human Factor
10th Sep 2013, 03:24
Air Turks and Caicos are looking for pilots for the Embraer 120. check the advert in the TCI Sun newspaper ISSUU - VOLUME 9 ISSUE 30 by The SUN Newspaper (http://issuu.com/tcisun/docs/sun_09_30_low)

Good luck

bertos70
14th Sep 2013, 15:09
Hi Guys, just a question. I'm a bush pilot with 3000 hs TT (1000 twin engine 1000 turbine) currently flying in Tanzania. I would like to relocate myself in central america. I know I have to be there and I will come for a tour at the begging of february. I still want to fly caravan or twin engine aircraft. Can u help me to minimize my money expenses during my travel to find out the best spot where to try? Maybe La costena??Any suggestion? (no Tropic Air). I'm fluent in spanish. Thanks to who can help me ;)

sicamore
17th Sep 2013, 23:20
What's your citizenship.? As with many places these days companies are being pressured to hire "their own"

Vladimir9999
19th Sep 2013, 13:57
I have looked on a lot of these sites (because there are so many) for posting your CV. Do any of them actually allow the Employer to search the site for the pilot they want. Some have search functions but they often present a number of CV's that do not match what was asked. Is there one that stands out. Most seem to just list a CV and then the Employer has to wade through it all and I am worried that I won't be visible to those looking for my hours.

bertos70
27th Sep 2013, 09:32
I'm Italian sicamore...anything that u know in Nicaragua or Costa Rica?Do they really have enough pilots with experience to cover all the positions?

chitolin
27th Sep 2013, 17:23
Hi bertos70.
I'm a pilot flying with La Costena here in Nicaragua.
You will need a Nicaraguan commercial license with Instrument rating in order to work here. Most important you will need a permit to work here and that can only be obtained via marriage with a Nicaraguan. La Costena will not help you in that matter. The same goes for airlines in Costa Rica

bertos70
2nd Oct 2013, 11:56
Thanks for the info chitolin....I dont think I will get marry just to fly a Caravan ;) ..

Confirmpassword
17th Nov 2013, 20:49
Hi,

Anyone knows a site for aviation jobs within South America? Not so many jobs in South America on aviationjobsearch.com so I wonder what site you they over there?

Thanks in advance.

//C

bertos70
3rd Jan 2014, 16:00
Hi, still me...I finished my experience in Africa and in 2 weeks I'm coming to Central and South America looking for caravan jobs. I'll go to Costa Rica first and after Guyana and see what happens. I'd like to ask a suggestion. I'm travelling from Georgetown to Buenos aires but the airline ticket it's just so overpriced (1300 usd one way). I was thinking to go to Brazil by bus and get a flight to Buenos Aires from there. Is that possible? Thanks for your help

aless85
31st Jan 2014, 10:08
Be safe!!
Costa Rica is a very safe country, people in general in south-central america are very friendly.
Don't know much about Guyana but I don't think is like CR,
Dont be going out at night trying to explore towns or the city.. It has nothing to do with Africa, different mentality.
I dont want to scare you, Im sure you will enjoy and will meet fantastic people!!

All the Best!!

bertos70
9th Feb 2014, 20:29
Thanks for your advise. No job here for me but it is beautiful. I searched in costarica, panama and colombia...nada de nada...but it worthed the visit.now im in argentina, beautiful as well even if I got robbed in buenos aires ;)

jet-lover
22nd Sep 2014, 19:05
any chance of finding C208B job around this part of the world ?

i have more than 2200 hrs of command time on C208B. 3300 hrs TT

jedo
13th Nov 2015, 18:11
Hi Guys

Anyone here knows about chances in Central America for a entry level, freshly rated IFR + CPL + English 5 + Spanish native speaker, with a TT of around 430 (IFR: 120)

i have just readed the previous post from Elevators about Maya and Tropic.... im looking for a susi air style, but in south america.

regards, fly safe and happy landings

african pirate
7th Mar 2016, 11:04
Hi everyone. I am considering working in the Caribbean region. I currently fly Britten Norman Islanders in the UK. I am just verging on 2000 hours total time with around 600 on the Islander. I was wondering what the salary / conditions are like working for Fly Montserrat. If anyone could offer any information, I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

p_alleyne
10th Jul 2017, 17:52
Good afternoon, told myself might make more sense to inquire in here instead of creating an entirely new thread but does anyone have any information on LATAM Chile and if they hire expatriates? If so, whats the procedure to apply and are tehy looking for any particular set of minimums. Thank you.

jooleeo
21st Nov 2017, 02:02
Hi Alleyne, LATAM Chile does hire expats. Spanish speaking is mandatory, and they're looking for around a hundred FOs to fly A320 for 2018. So it might be a good opportunity. Current IFR CPL, ICAO Level 4, First Class Medical (FACH MAE Certificado 1), 200hrs minimum. The airline is great to fly in and has good benefits, employee travel specially. Unfortunately now there's a payscale where it takes around 4 years to get to 100% salary, but as far as I understand it is under review, so it might be better starting next year.

p_alleyne
22nd Nov 2017, 00:26
Hi Alleyne, LATAM Chile does hire expats. Spanish speaking is mandatory, and they're looking for around a hundred FOs to fly A320 for 2018. So it might be a good opportunity. Current IFR CPL, ICAO Level 4, First Class Medical (FACH MAE Certificado 1), 200hrs minimum. The airline is great to fly in and has good benefits, employee travel specially. Unfortunately now there's a payscale where it takes around 4 years to get to 100% salary, but as far as I understand it is under review, so it might be better starting next year.

Good night, thank you for the reply. I unfortunately only speak Spanish at about a Basic/Elementary so I am not sure if that is sufficient enough. I currently instruct in Guyana, have 700hours and have CPL IFR and ICAO Level 6. Do I have any chance of working for them as it stands?

morley846
28th Nov 2017, 00:53
Hi Alleyne,

No chance without perfect Spanish. Basic requirement plus all interviews are in Spanish as well as the psych tests and ATP exam which you have to do both in Spanish and then English.

p_alleyne
28th Nov 2017, 22:55
Hi Alleyne,

No chance without perfect Spanish. Basic requirement plus all interviews are in Spanish as well as the psych tests and ATP exam which you have to do both in Spanish and then English.

Well fair is fair. Thank you for the response.

asmith474
29th Nov 2017, 14:58
Hey guys need some advice. Im looking to start my Pilot training either in europe or usa. Does anyone know what preference Latin american countries have when it comes to FAA or EASA? I have both a uk and Peruvian passport so I am considering working in Peru later on.

morley846
8th Dec 2017, 02:05
Hey guys need some advice. Im looking to start my Pilot training either in europe or usa. Does anyone know what preference Latin american countries have when it comes to FAA or EASA? I have both a uk and Peruvian passport so I am considering working in Peru later on.

FAA is cheaper. I knew a couple of Peruvians who did it at ATP Flight School in Daytona Beach. Both now fly in Peru. Do note that you will still have to pass all Peruvian exams once you get back. It is not as easy as just doing FAA and walking into a job. If you can, do it at a Peruvian school so you don´t have to do everything twice. Also you´ll meet people with connections with local Airlines if you do the course in Peru. I speak from experience. Did FAA came to Chile, still working away on getting all exams in place, also have not found FAA has given me an advantage.

braaviator
11th Dec 2017, 23:52
Hey everyone!
Greetings from Brazil. I'm new here on pprune and don't know how discussions work here, so please let me know if I break any rule.
I'm a commercial airplane pilot, about 800TT, experience as flight instructor, graduated in civil aviation and ELP ICAO LVL5. I'm trying to get back to the aviation area finding a plane to fly, so if anyone know a opportunity that I could fit, please let me know, I would appreciate your help.

Thank you and have safe flights