PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Studio 9 / Plus

Hew Jaz
21st Apr 2005, 16:08
Recently just got a new toy, and have been playing with digicam for couple of weeks. Now have lots of unedited stuff which will equate to probably a good 5 minutes (well, maybe 3...!) of edited video.

Have been looking at Pinnacle Studio 9 & the Plus version. But, I'm wondering if I can include still digital photos within the video when I'm editing it? Haven't been able to locate the answer on the various sites I've searched, / Google / Pinnacle.

I'd like to be able to add a still from a separate digital camera to the timeline, and then use some of the transitions to move smoothly to the next part of the timeline which will likely be video.

Tried it with Windows Movie Maker but it refuses to do what I want.

Does this make sense?

Any advice accepted!

Conan the Librarian
21st Apr 2005, 18:26
Remember doing something similar in Studio 8 so I don't think you will have much problem. It was a well thought out piece of software and quite absorbing to use. Pity the ex buggered off with the DV camcorder though.... :-)

For a definitive answer, why not Google up a home video editing newsgroup or something. There must be plenty out there and there will be a lot of Pinnacle users in there I am sure.

spannersatcx
21st Apr 2005, 18:43
Yes you can, it should tell you in the manual. If not have a look at the pinnacle website lots of stuff on there also try the forums as well. One site that has some useful tips is here (http://www.mikeshaw.co.uk/index.htm)

You've been able to do it since the start of studio many years ago, basically you use an image as a title and set the time for how long it will display before fading into the next pic etc. I think (don't know) as I don't have studio 9 +, still on 8, but it can also do slide shows.

A good bit of kit (when it works!!)

Hew Jaz
21st Apr 2005, 22:23
Cheers for the info. Reckon I'll give it a shot.

HJ

MightyGem
22nd Apr 2005, 02:12
Does your digicam not have the facility for taking stills?

spannersatcx
22nd Apr 2005, 09:00
I think what Hew Jaz was after was to use digital camera stills from a stills camera rather than being taken with his digi cam. Usually the quality of stills from a digicam are not that great. I've done it in the past for holiday videos etc just used a still pic from the camera as a title page set it to show for x secs and faded into the next bit.

Background Noise
22nd Apr 2005, 17:37
Yes you can - they don't have to be titles, the prog has a function to insert stills for as long as you like.

Hew Jaz
22nd Apr 2005, 21:32
Digicam has stills facility alright, but quality is lower than than separate digital camera.

Spannersatcx is correct. Thats what I'm hoping to do. Perhaps using a montage as an opening title (great ideas - yet to try them out!), but that was the thinking.

Thanks for replies - sounds like it will do basically what I'm hoping for.

Cheers,

HJ