PDA

View Full Version : Off to Naples mid June? - Plus Advice

flyingmad
21st Apr 2005, 14:50
Hi
I know there has been a lot on Naples recently but there are a couple of questions I wanted to ask that I have not found in the search.
1) Once one gets the UPS info from them - (ie I20 form) etc - when do you hear from Naples again. - re which accomodation you got and how to purchase some of the books etc.
2) If I take the JAA PPL exams over here - is it widely accepted over there?
3) Will I need to do another course or anything once I arrive back in the UK?
4) Anyone else heading out there in mid June - plus how unbearable is it on the cessnas then in that heat?
Thanks a lot
P

Ninety-Nines
21st Apr 2005, 19:30
Flyingmad......

Just to answer straight from the horses mouth.......

1. You will hear all confirmation about 7-10 days in advance with all your hotel/housing confirmations and start times at the school.

2. Yes - we prefer it!!!!! You are coming to FL for the weather and the cheap flying....if you can get your writtens out of the way then you will a. enjoy your course a great deal more and b. be able to concentrate on the flying!

3. There are absolutely no conversions required - you will receive the same brown pleather folder with the same bit of paper saying that you hold a JAA PPL. What we do recommend is that you plan on 3-5 hours at your local flying school to a. get used to the airspace b. get used to the area and c. get comfortable flying in a different environment!

Have fun and get those writtens out the way......

Nikki

PS For my peace of mind please confirm whether you are a mad flying or just vert keen on flying!!!!!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
21st Apr 2005, 19:57
plus how unbearable is it on the cessnas then in that heat?
Well, its not too bad when you are up in the air, and you will be glad to get the door open and enjoy that idling engine slip stream 'the air conditioning' after each flight :D. You will have a great time.

Ninety Nines, how are you and your Mum Bea? She always looked after me on the front desk :ok:.

Ninety-Nines
22nd Apr 2005, 12:56
We are thinking of putting open window/door on the after landing checklist!!!! At least the high wing is cooler that the low wing.

Everyone is great........thanks for asking........although the cats keep everyone in line including Bea!