PDA

View Full Version : EK Factored Hours quiet admission

Thridle Op Des
21st Apr 2005, 13:08
At last we have the official answer - even though it was common knowlege. FCI 2005-054 has a little gem hidden away near the bottom:

Recording of Flight Time......For the purpose of FDTL calculation the entire flight time for both sectors will be recorded.

Sadly the ability to stand up and admit the error is lacking.

turtleneck
21st Apr 2005, 14:31
to stand up you need a spine
to admit you need character
to recognize error you need skill

porkandbrew
21st Apr 2005, 20:40
Turtleneck,
I wish I could express myself as well in the english language as you can. You hit the nail on the head.:ok:
Even TCAS, with pilot background, hasn't got the spine to admit this major f***-up...
Porkie

330 Man
22nd Apr 2005, 05:59
Porkie,
I do not think that TCAS can admit it was a mistake because it would once again make AAR look like the complete fool that he is. Hell even the locals hate him, and that is a great indication of his skill in dealing with people.

The "fatigue module" (whatever!) is simply a way to get rid of factoring without saying factoring was a mistake. It is amazing the mistakes that AAR makes and he still has a job. If we flew the way he manages, we would not have an airplane left in the sky. Just ask the 11 instructors who were fired in January and asked to come back in March because the training department could not keep up. Of course they could not keep up because AAR told them to train more captains to fill the shortage. Of course we had a shortage of captains because of factoring. Of course it is easier to hire unqualified DEC's or pay overtime. NOT! Of course AAR could not possibly even imagine that pilots get tired when flying 140 hours a month. Does anyone see a pattern here!

Like my good friend GBB, likes to say, "it is always darkest just before it gets pitch black"

Good luck to us all!

330 MAN

Backwater
24th Apr 2005, 05:21
The FCI expired ages ago. The latest revision of the FOM has no mention of it. So what happens if we as pilots step over the 100/28, 900/12mths limit? There is no paperwork authorising us to do so. The company is silent on the issue. Does ANYBODY know what's going on?

Vorsicht
24th Apr 2005, 06:05
To quote TCAS when queried on said discrepancy

"It's OK, the GCAA know what we are doing and they are OK with it"

Take that to court and see how you go!

p.s I can't find any reference to the factored hours in the recent FCI's

BigGeordie
24th Apr 2005, 07:07
If there is no paperwork allowing us to do it, we can't do it. How much support do you think you would get from the company or the GCAA if you bend an aeroplane in some far flung corner of the globe having flown 120 hours that month?

sluggums
24th Apr 2005, 10:02
The GCAA may have been fine with it, however I heard a rumour that the UK and the US authorities told EK that they would not be allowed to fly into their airspace WIE if the rule was not lifted.

As I said it was just a rumour:ok:

donpizmeov
25th Apr 2005, 15:49
Chaps,
A little off the subject, but what the hell. Have many noticed that this new plan of only being able to take three weeks leave at a time is a wee bit dodgey?
After chatting to 6 fellas that have taken Easter leave, the following facts were all the same:

1. No day off before leave was to commence. (And all had bid for the days off before and after)

2. Only one day off after leave.

3. Flying over 40hrs (lowest 38 highest 45hrs) in the following 7 days.

Of course the new pay deal is cost neutral. But sometimes I think it might be more neutral for some than for others.
Wouldn't it be nice to have just a little foreplay before we are screwed over like this? (Not that I would suggest to anyone that they should bring anything of a sexual nature through the check point charlie at the CBC of course!!!)

Always discovering

Don