PDA

View Full Version : Mexico City Airport and Mexicana Airlines

obelisks
21st Apr 2005, 09:37
Mexico City Airport is the most disorganised place I have ever been to................and Mexicana Airlines staff are also very poorly trained.
If you are flying to Havana ( as I was ) they tell you to go to gate 19 ( where there is 19a, 19b, 19c and 19 d !! and wait for further announcements !! When the announcment comes it is invariably a different gate such as 31 right at the other end of the terminal. If you stand there you constantly hear passengers complaining - " wow gate 32 - thats a bit different to 19 ...."!
On the way back to Mexico City I argued with the Mexicana
Flight Attendant that I didnt need to fill out an Immigration Form
for Mexico because I was in transit to Los Angeles - but oh no - she insisted because I was arriving in Mexico ??????????? And i still needed to do so...
The plane arrived at gate 30 and because it was 45 minutes late I had to hurry to gate 19 where Mexicana staff told me go.
When i got to gate to 19 they sent me back to gate 30 and in fact it ended up being the same plane I had just got off from Havana that was going to LAX - TOTAL CHAOS !!!!!
I filled out the immigration form in the end only to be told - " of course you dont need that " !!!
I consider Mexico City Airport to be less organised than airports in India where I lived and worked for 2 years ! Nothing like that happened there and the Indians were quite efficient.