PDA

View Full Version : What did I see near India?

Fred Gassit
21st Apr 2005, 05:26
On a sector from Singapore to Amsterdam somewhere between India and Pakistan (I was paxing) I saw what I thought initially was a highway that was illuminated along its full length. Given our altitude in the flight levels and the intensity of the lights I thought maybe not. I'm completely unfamiliar with the area and the line of lights (sodium lamps,very bright) extended to the horizon in a roughly southerly direction,was I perhaps looking at the border between the two countries?

Left Wing
21st Apr 2005, 06:02
India as put up a a brightly lit up large fence along the India / Pak border , to stop the Pakistani aided terrorists crossing into India. There are huge Al Queda camps in Pak and pro Islamic millitants are crossing over to India. And India rather bomb the hell out of these guys USA style, is busy playing cricket with the Pakistani's and having lunches with the Dictator of Pak.:mad: :mad: :yuk: :yuk:

buffalowing
23rd Apr 2005, 20:22
"Left Wing" definitely needs a name change.

Old Smokey
24th Apr 2005, 09:09
Fred Gassit,

It's a pretty spectacular sight isn't it?

In anticipation of the inevitable passenger questions to come, I always invite the Cabin Crew up front to see it so that they can 'field' the passenger questions correctly. And their inevitable response is "In a country where millions are starving, they can afford to do this?"

At ground level, the border crossing points are just as tense as those that I saw in Berlin during the Cold War.

A horizon to horizon panorama of paranoia.

Regards,

Old Smokey

Left Wing
24th Apr 2005, 14:42
well "Moderate Wing" was taken.
If you do get to the ground level and see the Islamic terrorists killing kids and burning mosques in the name of "freedom" and soilders enjoying hotels built for tourists...paranoia takes a back seat. Its easyer said at FL350
:suspect:

udanpatti
29th Apr 2005, 19:04
hey, am being told that its one of the worlds longest lit up borders, havent come across anything longer though.
cheers udanpatti.

Left Wing
1st May 2005, 07:20
Oh yes the lit up area is more than the Tex / Mex border in USA. Soon you see the same overhead Bangladesh/ India border on a DEL - SIN route. Love the { udanpatti } haahaaaa

digi
27th May 2005, 08:29
see the Islamic terrorists killing kids and burning mosques

well, that has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard....an "Islamic" terrorist burning a mosque, their holy site?? that is like saying a Hindu fundamentalist burning down a temple?
please, consider what you are saying before you post your ultimately racist opinions...

the reason why they dont "bomb the hell out of Pak USA style" it is like the Cold War, mutually assured destruction..they are both nuclear powers and if one side attacks, a nuclear war will start... don't you think its better that they are playing cricket rather than always being on the verge of war with each other?

:confused: :yuk:

lone Falcon
27th May 2005, 08:49
Bravo ! Digi,

Very well said,

Some of these guys dont even know the region but they opt to talk about it !

Old Smokey
28th May 2005, 03:06
This process of people destroying their own holy places just seems to have
no end. What, with Islamic terrorists burning mosques, Hindus burning down
temples, Christians burning down churches, Jews burning down synagogues,
Australians burning down pubs, and Singaporeans burning banks, the world has
gone mad.

Just for you Left Wing, the said border, NOT from 35000 feet.

http://photos14.flickr.com/16019661_3bc42f0673.jpg

http://photos9.flickr.com/16019660_8c9acfa860.jpg

Regards,

Old Smokey

a_320busdriver
11th Jun 2005, 07:15
am just interested in which section of the border exactly this is visible over? any pics of it? thx

ZK-NSJ
11th Jun 2005, 12:09
the funny thing is that the pakistani president was actually born in india

Old Smokey
12th Jun 2005, 23:39
a_320busdriver,

It would appear to be visible all the way from the coast, to the Kashmir region. Not visible by day, but spectacular and unphotographable by night.

Regards,

Old Smokey