PDA

View Full Version : Scenarios

moxie
21st Apr 2005, 04:12
Hi all im a newbie here :D
and love this board with all your helpful answers you seem to be giving to people. :ok:

im wanting some suggestions of some scenarios that they present to you at interviews so I could help prepare some answers from my own experiences in customer service. what are some that you were presented with in your interviews?

overhere
21st Apr 2005, 07:50
G'day moxie,

I use to interview for cabin crew, some common ones we used were:

-Tell us about a time when you have had to deal with a difficult and agressive customer. Explain how you calmed the situation and solved the customers problems with limited resources.
-Tell us about a time when you exceeded customer expectations.
-If you were conducting aflight and a customers special diatery meal hadn't been loaded on the flight, what would you do to try and rectify the situation
-During an extended delay in the air, what things could you do to make passengers feel more comfotable
-Tell us in one word, what good customer service means to you.

We had an interview guide with 100's of questions, we'd just pick 20 or so on the day.

Essentially, what I'd recommend is...

1. You go into the interview with examples of when you've provided good customer service and the feedback you got from it,
2. Also an example of when you provided bad customer service and what you learnt (lets fce it we've all done it!!),
3. An idea of what good customer service means to you!

Cheers

OZcabincrew
21st Apr 2005, 15:40
Hi!!

I had in my interview:

-Do you know the management structure within your current job and where do you sit?

-Tell us about a time you've implemented a new procedure at your current workplace?

-Has anyone working in your team not been pulling their weight and how did you deal with it?

-Tell us about a time you've dealt with someone of a different culture that didn't speak English?

-tell us about a time you dealt with a disgruntled customer and how did you deal with the situation?

-tell us about a time you've gone that extra step in your current job?

-What do you think would be a customer service standard within our airline?

-What do you think the role of a Flight Attendant is?

There were a few others but i can't remember them! Just make sure you have atleast two questions to ask them at the end of the interview. Like before the interview, try and read any news on the airlines' website as to recent happenings and then maybe ask them something about that, that way it shows that you're up to date with what's going on etc. Just be really prepared. Read up on the airline, airline alliance partners
(ie Oneworld or Star Alliance), really prepare your answers to possible questions so it will be easier when they ask you or something similar to what you've prepared for! and, just be yourself! They don't want someone who'd fake and putting on an act, they will be able to pick it the moment you walk in. Just make sure you are smiling from start to finish, i'd even go as far as to make sure you're smiling from the time you get out of your car to the time you get back in it, you never know who's around! Be aware of your posture and how you're sitting, if you're wearing a suit jacket, keep it on the whole time!!!!

Any questions, just ask!

Oz

moxie
22nd Apr 2005, 01:04
wow thatnks so much for all your help overhere and OZ!

for the interview would you suggest wearing the navy/black suit that most people suggest to wear (i know they say this so the employer can see you in their uniform) or wearing something different, as in a suit but different colours from those to set yourself apart from the rest?

not too sure how i would go about answering these two questions
-Do you know the management structure within your current job and where do you sit?

-Tell us about a time you've implemented a new procedure at your current workplace?

thanks so much :ok:

OZcabincrew
22nd Apr 2005, 07:03
moxie!

i'd play it safe and wear the black suit, standing out from everyone else by what you wear can also go against you.

basically the first question is just asking, do you know from the CEO of the company or the general manager of the company down all of the management levels and where do you fit in? I was asked this one in my final interview two years ago.

the second question just wants you to tell them when have you maybe changed a procedure of doing something at work that makes things easier for everyone else and maybe even benefiting the customer. This one isn't hard, it doesn't have to be huge, just think of something you've changed at work, why you changed it and what the result was?

Good luck!

Oz

moxie
26th Apr 2005, 23:17
thanks for all your great advice OZ!

im still waiting to hear back yet after sending in im application, but trying to keep positive about it, they did say it would take a couple of weeks till we would hear back about anything...

do you work for AirNZ yourself?