PDA

View Full Version : BHX - Mauritius

martinhardy
20th Apr 2005, 23:01
Hi Guys,

Is it true....i have just been on thomas cooks website, they are offering holidays to Mauritius fom Birmingham. Is it a charter schedule for the summer.
Can you even go that far from Birmingham airport?
If so can you book seats only.

Thanks

Martin

Seaton Approach
21st Apr 2005, 00:00
BHX-MRU via DXB with EK is one option. Would Thomas Cook sell the resort and have seats blocked with EK though? Dunno.

GrahamK
21st Apr 2005, 08:48
They also sell them from NCL. With Air France via Paris CDG

EastMids
21st Apr 2005, 11:12
I would be surprised if its a charter. The government of Mauritius is very restrictive with the number of charter flights it lets in as it wants Mauritius to be an "upmarket" resort and they don't see that as being compatible with thousands of tourists arriving on charters.

Andy

wan2fly
21st Apr 2005, 18:31
Have a look in the brochures...

Due to our German Parent company - It may be LH to FRA MUC then Condor over to MRU - There were a few like that last year or indeed it good be with EK etc it depends what product the pax books with.

Hope this helps...

I am at TCX at BHX and the only long haul we do is Canada on a B757-200 - re configured - gotta say wonderful aircraft to work on and pax love it - wish our 4+ hour flights were on it ;)

GrahamK
22nd Apr 2005, 07:56
The Thomas Cook website shows flights are with Air France via Paris CDG

wan2fly
24th Apr 2005, 14:51
Well there you go then NOT direct - Last year was LH and Condor ! whatever - its still not direct !!