PDA

View Full Version : ALAEA finally prove who they represent

sys 4
20th Apr 2005, 22:40
ALAEA Forums Forum Index ALAEA Forums
Forums for Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers

QUOTE----------

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:56 pm Post subject: Forum suggestions Reply with quote
As requested by a member, employer related forums have been created. If anyone else has a suggestion on more (public or private) forums , please feel free to make a request.

-------END QUOTE

the union finally have shown their cards they are opening a forum for employers to peddle their company crap,yet they throw fee payng members off the site/forum for voicing their views which maybe diffrerent to theirs

Dehavillanddriver
21st Apr 2005, 00:06
I may be wrong here - it seems to happen fairly frequently - but I read that bit to say that they are setting up forums for the employees of companies to use.

ie a forum just for Jetcare engineers, a forum just for QF engineers etc, so that the company specific dirty laundry doesn't have to be aired in public.

Hope that helps - maybe it isn't as bad as you first thought....

numbskull
21st Apr 2005, 00:41
Dehavillanddriver is right. Sys 4 you're a goose.

Stop jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Turbo 5B
21st Apr 2005, 00:44
The difference is that the ALAEA have stopped their own members from accessing and contributing to their official forum. Yet they are about to let employers such as qf have free access.
I bet they won't require the employers to supply their private email addresses so they can be posted on the forum site.

sys 4
21st Apr 2005, 00:51
they already have employer related forums on site ie Qantas ,etc

numbskull
21st Apr 2005, 05:47
If you look at the date of that post it is Jan 27 when the forum just started up. It didn't have employer specific forums and they were thus created.

You are getting all riled up about a post that is three months old. There is no sinister plot and they are not making a forum for employers.

fordran
21st Apr 2005, 06:16
I've seen my manager accessing the ALAEA site and he certainly isn't a member. It looks to me that the site has been set up under instruction from the airlines. Names of outspoken members are taken down and their careers halted because of their attitudes. If it's true about one member who had his preferences changed by the administrator to publically display his name and e-mail address that wouldn't surprise me either. I have and never will even register or post on their scumbag site at all.

Turbo 5B
22nd Apr 2005, 00:36
I've talked to the bloke in question and it is 100% True.
Disgraceful stuff.